Bus Observations 2024.

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
MiCCROwavE_OVEN

Re: Bus Observations 2024.

Post by MiCCROwavE_OVEN »

CDCNSW Toronto's m/o 6867 sighted on the Pacific motorway yesterday near Berowra heading north. Most likely it paid Sydney a visit, although for what reason I am unable to tell. Doesn't look like much has changed so I doubt it went to St Marys for some TLC, unlike some of CDCNSW's other Volvo B7RLEs.
I don't think this observation belongs in the CDCNSW fleet changes section as I believe 6867 hasn't changed depots - but I apologise in advance if I am incorrect.
stajourneyman

Post by stajourneyman »

Bus Biz fleet 207 Mercedes 0500 BCI came to grief just south of Dubbo this morning.

Police were apparently chasing a bloke out of Dubbo in his car when it collided with the coach in Trainlink colours.

The bloke finished up ‘brown bread’.

The police as usual have denied any responsibility claiming it was a very low speed chase.

Hmm... given the condition of the car on impact, it must’ve been made out of crystal :roll: :roll:
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Why did the bloke drive off? Hard to sympathise.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Swift wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:56 pm Why did the bloke drive off? Hard to sympathise.
The ABC reports it as being domestic violence related:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-20/ ... /103748820
Swift

Post by Swift »

Thank goodness he didn't hit another car instead.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

I spotted Transit Systems SW Volvo B7 VST m/o 6300 dead running northbound on Junction road Ruse about a hour ago it might of been doing a dead run between Campbelltown and ether Leumeah or Minto as it’s based at Macquarie Fields or it’s been transferred to Bradbury as that’s the way most drivers from Bradbury use to get to Leumeah to start early mornings 870s and 872s
Nath91!

Post by Nath91! »

An Ex-STA, Ansair L113CRL, Willoughby based m/o 3730, now TV643A seen parked up on a Gregory Hills industrial backstreet yesterday. Still in full STA livery, but looking very shiny and clean. Apparently it's now owned by a small charter bus operation out of the area, that mostly operate your Toyota Coaster's.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Either Busways 741/761 or 771 has transferred to Penrith depot can't identify it fully though

What high floor work could this be doing? It's parked up with the other High floor buses and the Custom Scania's so it appears to be for service.

Still majority of the Element 1s at Penrith are without busways logos which seems peculiar as even the maintenance vans are covered in them

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Nath91!

Post by Nath91! »

So the Transdev holding yard at Bankstown Airport, just a few hundred meters down the road from their former (now Transit Systems) depot on Tower Road, has thinned out massively in the last few days. The buses being stabled there have been declining steadily over the last month, but when I drove past it last night, about half of the buses that are against the fence by the road are gone, and it's looking a lot emptier in the middle of the yard.

Whether they've been sold to other operators or heading for the scrap yard I don't know.
Stu

Post by Stu »

^ I saw an ex Transdev bus Mercedes-Benz O405NH with ABM bodywork on Facebook, recently purchased by a private buyer.
Randomness
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an Zf Ecomat

Post by Randomness »

And I saw TV797 parked up at Liverpool near the T-way
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

Nath91! wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 am So the Transdev holding yard at Bankstown Airport, just a few hundred meters down the road from their former (now Transit Systems) depot on Tower Road, has thinned out massively in the last few days. The buses being stabled there have been declining steadily over the last month, but when I drove past it last night, about half of the buses that are against the fence by the road are gone, and it's looking a lot emptier in the middle of the yard.

Whether they've been sold to other operators or heading for the scrap yard I don't know.
Been sold to multiple operators or people, Out n About Buses bought one of their ex Volvo B10BLE CB60 buses that was brought down from QLD was already used on Rail Replacement at Hornsby.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Stonesourscotty wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:57 am
Still majority of the Element 1s at Penrith are without busways logos which seems peculiar as even the maintenance vans are covered in them
Suggests to me they are on trial and not committed to them yet.
MiCCROwavE_OVEN

Post by MiCCROwavE_OVEN »

Swift wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:31 pm Suggests to me they are on trial and not committed to them yet.
The Elements at Busways have been in service since 2021 and apart from a short stint on the sidelines in 2022 they have been in regular service since, even on the weekends.
Busways did trial a BYD-Gemilang sometime last year or so but it does not seem to have resulted in any new orders - with the influx of ex-Region 7 vehicles into Region 1 it does not seem that Busways Western Sydney will be needing any new vehicles until the Scania K230UBs are retired.
Also worth noting is that despite two electric buses being trialled at Coffs Harbour (a Yutong E12 and a Volvo BZL-Express) Busways NSW does not have any electric vehicles outside of Sydney.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I wish there was some on the Central coast. I think theres only political impetus to have them in the Sydney metro area.
We still don't know why Busways hasn't seen fit to signwrite them in their logo. A very different approach to the former STA who would make sure you know they are operating them as opportune chance to virtue signal.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”