Sydney Bus Show 2023

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Re: Sydney Bus Show 2023

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Some neat really buses showed up, wish I could've made it down there for such a spectacular event but alas I had other commitments so was not able to attend this years show and it appears they arrived at the park showgrounds half an hour after I left Sydney on Monday.

Now I'm really excited to see the Toyota Caetano in your collection of photos, since I believe your more than likely to have attended the expo, could you perhaps be able to tell me if this is just here for show off purposes or whether after the expo it'll go back to Japan or possibly New Zealand? Seems like a mega cool bus but I wouldn't like to hear it being here for the expo and not going on at least a demonstration with a couple of operators.

The King Long Volgren of course looks no different to the other volgrens but It's the equipment & technology onboard and inside that matters, I suppose it is nice to see another Asian chassis using Australian bodywork, I can guess in particular a few operators who'd likely pick up a King-long (Anyone thinking of Interline :P)

Also the Volvo BZL for CDC, since I can imagine the BZL is a brand new chassis and all, why is CDC still opting for green flip-dot displays. I'm laughing a little bit because as nice as they were I thought we were past the flip dots and moving onto LED's now. I suppose if they opted for them they'd likely have a good reason.

Can you perhaps tell me if there was any ADL and or low entry Mercedes-Benz buses at this years expo?

Thanks for the photos Noel, really lovely to see them especially for those of us who really wanted to go but again couldn't make it, look forward to seeing yours and others photos of the expo. :D
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
The Inspector
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Post by The Inspector »

Ah so this is for next year?
Has AdMet CB80 fever
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:04 pm Also the Volvo BZL for CDC, since I can imagine the BZL is a brand new chassis and all, why is CDC still opting for green flip-dot displays. I'm laughing a little bit because as nice as they were I thought we were past the flip dots and moving onto LED's now. I suppose if they opted for them they'd likely have a good reason.
They sure do have a good reason. The flipdot destos have been and still are CDC Victoria’s preference (CDC Melbourne in particular), which if I recall correctly, might have something to do with carrying over a traditional image from the Keffords days (which also includes the different and darker ceiling panels inside the bus).
Going by the fleet number 186 I can bet you that this bus will be running from CDC’s Oakleigh/Huntingdale depot (The 600s routes around the St Kilda/Chadstone area to the south of Melbourne’s CBD)

The only Volgren-bodied route bus at CDC Melbourne that has the LED destos is quite obviously the decker (which was built to Hillsbus specs)
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:04 pm Now I'm really excited to see the Toyota Caetano in your collection of photos, since I believe your more than likely to have attended the expo, could you perhaps be able to tell me if this is just here for show off purposes or whether after the expo it'll go back to Japan or possibly New Zealand? Seems like a mega cool bus but I wouldn't like to hear it being here for the expo and not going on at least a demonstration with a couple of operators.
It's a 10.7 metre bus, so not sure it would be acceptable here as a citybus. It's a great looking bus though, fully low floor. If I can get my photos sorted I'll post the interior.
The Inspector wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:25 pm Ah so this is for next year?
With all this rain, I'm sure some of us want to erase 2022 from memory.
scott

Post by scott »

Love the Dyson's Scania/Coach Concepts, apparently on the new generation Scania chassis.
Does anyone have a dash shot of it?, would be interested in seeing how they blend in the new Scania dash panel.
MiCCROwavE_OVEN

Post by MiCCROwavE_OVEN »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:04 pm Also the Volvo BZL for CDC, since I can imagine the BZL is a brand new chassis and all, why is CDC still opting for green flip-dot displays. I'm laughing a little bit because as nice as they were I thought we were past the flip dots and moving onto LED's now. I suppose if they opted for them they'd likely have a good reason.
Considering flipdots only use energy when the blinds are being changed, it may be a measure to reduce bus power usage as well as providing component commonality allowing for easy replacement. We all know what happened when Transit Systems Burwood ran out of replacement flipdots...

I thought the Volvo BZL for CDC was a BYD D9RA at first glance.

Does anyone know which Custom Denning Element was on display? Should either be one of the recent deliveries for Busways or one of the Elements going to Transit Systems Kingsgrove.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

It didn't have any ID that I could see. I assumed it came straight from the factory, though in TfNSW livery.

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”