Modified Bus timetables from Monday 31st January

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
jibb

Modified Bus timetables from Monday 31st January

Post by jibb »

From Monday the Bus Network will move from Summer Holiday Timetables to School Term timetables.
No school timetables will be affected nor any Busways services.
Some Southlink services will be modified ,however nearly every Torrens Transit route will have cancellations.
The table showing services cancelled are shown on the Adelaide metro website(6 pages)
Less than 4% of the daily 9038 services are affected.
hillsbus

Re: Modified Bus timetables from Monday 31st January

Post by hillsbus »

Is this due to a shortage of bus drivers (given the big recruitment effort going on now) or is it due to positive covid cases and isolation requirements for drivers?
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

Noticed some interesting service gaps this leaves e.g. 557 route. Now a gap from 546pm until 752pm on weekday evenings from TTP to Paradise.

Any other large gaps others have noticed?
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

hillsbus wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:06 pm Noticed some interesting service gaps this leaves e.g. 557 route. Now a gap from 546pm until 752pm on weekday evenings from TTP to Paradise.

Glen Osmond Road is now hourly on weeknights after about 7pm.

No more T843s or interpeak T840s - long trip for people from Mt Barker now on the 864/F.

The website states this is due to positive cases, or close contacts being required to isolate.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

Lt. Commander Data wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:27 pm
hillsbus wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:06 pm Noticed some interesting service gaps this leaves e.g. 557 route. Now a gap from 546pm until 752pm on weekday evenings from TTP to Paradise.

Glen Osmond Road is now hourly on weeknights after about 7pm.

No more T843s or interpeak T840s - long trip for people from Mt Barker now on the 864/F.

The website states this is due to positive cases, or close contacts being required to isolate.
No T843s on Sundays? That won't be popular with tourists wanting to go to and from Hahndorf
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
Lt. Commander Data

There are few tourists in Hahndorf post Covid- those that exist are mainly locals who drive.

Mt Barker residents (one of the fastest growing regions in the country) now have to suffer an hourly 864 trip, taking over an hour between Mt Barker and the Adelaide CBD. A much bigger loss than Hahndorf tourists.
Route 506
Favourite Vehicle: R.I.P. #582 (1582) 29-12-2008

Post by Route 506 »

209F Service has a gap from 7:20pm dep TTP and the next bus is 8:18am from Baldock Road so for anyone prior to 47 Baldock Road it’s a 75 min gap. They probably should have kept the 7:48am from TTP and scrapped the 8:18am from Baldock Road. Not very helpful 😡
Now Running Express - Next Stop: City
Route 506

Post by Route 506 »

With pretty much everyone back at school on Monday 14 February are we going back to normal school term timetables? These modified timetables aren’t going to work too well with half the cut out services being when students are travelling to/from school.
Lt. Commander Data

Route 506 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:18 pm With pretty much everyone back at school on Monday 14 February are we going back to normal school term timetables? These modified timetables aren’t going to work too well with half the cut out services being when students are travelling to/from school.
Has the pandemic ended?
Lieselta

Post by Lieselta »

Lt. Commander Data wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:52 pm
Route 506 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:18 pm With pretty much everyone back at school on Monday 14 February are we going back to normal school term timetables? These modified timetables aren’t going to work too well with half the cut out services being when students are travelling to/from school.
Has the pandemic ended?
14 February is the date the rest of the year levels come back to face to face learning. Only Years 7 8 and 12 face to face in high school currently.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Full school bus timetables have been running since the first limited services commenced.
The existing Modified Timetables will continue for now.buses.
I am sure Adelaide Metro will advise when full services return. There are obviously plenty of spare buses at all depots.
Route 506

Post by Route 506 »

Just wondering if there is anyone who may know if we will go back to full services again anytime soon or are these modified timetables the new normal for Term 1 at least. Am noticing the gaps more now with buses either side of removed services practically full and in some cases having to miss passengers. I think with many people now working back on site and school fully face to face it’s a good time to bring back full services where possible
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

Route 506 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:52 am Just wondering if there is anyone who may know if we will go back to full services again anytime soon or are these modified timetables the new normal for Term 1 at least. Am noticing the gaps more now with buses either side of removed services practically full and in some cases having to miss passengers. I think with many people now working back on site and school fully face to face it’s a good time to bring back full services where possible
While there are still 3,000 cases a day of Covid and with the Covid rules as they stand, I think it would be difficult to get those services back on the road.

Let's see what the new Government does, especially when it comes to the "close contact" rule to see if any changes can be made.

This is just my opinion of course!! :=)
Lieselta

Post by Lieselta »

Yeah, it will relate to how the new Premier reacts to the close contact rules. I don't think the front seats will be re opened for a while even though we're at 100% capacity again simply because of the close contact rule too.
Route 506

Post by Route 506 »

While there are still 3,000 cases a day of Covid and with the Covid rules as they stand, I think it would be difficult to get those services back on the road.

Let's see what the new Government does, especially when it comes to the "close contact" rule to see if any changes can be made.

This is just my opinion of course!! :=)
[/quote]

Fair point it actually surprised me that it took until the first day of school term to bring in these modified timetables. I wouldn’t think we will see the front two seats brought back into use for a while although with a full standing load people are closer to the driver than in those seats, but I get the idea of restricting those seats
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

Lieselta wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:55 pm Yeah, it will relate to how the new Premier reacts to the close contact rules. I don't think the front seats will be re opened for a while even though we're at 100% capacity again simply because of the close contact rule too.
Is chained off seats a government decision or bus operator decision? Of all the Krail fleet I've rode on, those seats have never been chained off.
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”