NSW Bus Observations 2022.

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Re: NSW Bus Observations 2022.

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Busways 1188 on an early morning 776 that's normally run by a Pemrith Element and 895 on an Afternoon run that is normally Penrith run
Glen

Post by Glen »

Fleet Lists wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:22 pm https://transportnsw.info/news/2022/nsw ... se-service
NSW MetroConnect On Demand trial to cease service
Friday 13 May 2022

The trial Norwest On Demand bus services, run by CDC Hillsbus MetroConnect, will cease operation as of 11.59pm, Friday 27 May 2022.
It's interesting that service survived Covid to get discontinued now.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

So has on command been binned as usual in NSW with any new concept?
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

No, still quite a few On Demand services in various places in Sydney and regional parts of the state.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Good!
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I believe the region 6 ones are part of the region contract and are supposed to be staying but most others are still on trial and more likely subject to cancellation.
Living in the Shire.
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

Nice to see that Busways Willoughby bus 2081 still has the State Transit "Waratah" logo as opposed to the Busways one above the front passenger door (think it's also the case above the driver window too - couldn't confirm as I was getting on the bus) - a case of "missed one" I presume?
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Swift wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:45 pm So has on command been binned as usual in NSW with any new concept?
Current On Demand services are shown here:

https://transportnsw.info/travel-info/w ... /on-demand
Swift

Post by Swift »

Long gone on the central coast. Ex on demand mini buses being used for community transport.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

pgt wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:38 pm Nice to see that Busways Willoughby bus 2081 still has the State Transit "Waratah" logo as opposed to the Busways one above the front passenger door (think it's also the case above the driver window too - couldn't confirm as I was getting on the bus) - a case of "missed one" I presume?
Hunter Valley Buses should also still has a sole bus that was part of the original 2011 batch delivered in TNSW livery that would have the Waratah logo on it, 7115 MO, I've checked my photo archive & 7116, 7 & 8 doesn't have it (They have the Transport Buses logo instead).

I guess seeing this would be akain to seeing the old Sydney buses decal / logo on the buses. Something nostalgic
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Linto63

Re: NSW Bus Observations 2022

Post by Linto63 »

pgt wrote: Nice to see that Busways Willoughby bus 2081 still has the State Transit "Waratah" logo as opposed to the Busways one above the front passenger door (think it's also the case above the driver window too - couldn't confirm as I was getting on the bus) - a case of "missed one" I presume?
Probably was in advertising wrap at the time of the handover that has since been removed.
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Re: NSW Bus Observations 2022

Post by pgt »

Linto63 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:42 am
pgt wrote: Nice to see that Busways Willoughby bus 2081 still has the State Transit "Waratah" logo as opposed to the Busways one above the front passenger door (think it's also the case above the driver window too - couldn't confirm as I was getting on the bus) - a case of "missed one" I presume?
Probably was in advertising wrap at the time of the handover that has since been removed.
That would make sense if so, though I actually don't recall that bus being in advertising wrap (if it was, then I hadn't really noticed it).
I do recall it still showing that State Transit logo after the Busways handover but as that was only just after it happened, figured it wasn't much of an observation back then.
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
Swift

Post by Swift »

What's wrong with leaving the state flower on? It's not misrepresenting the situation. Government buses that happen to be run by a contractor instead of totally in house.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Swift wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:20 pm What's wrong with leaving the state flower on? It's not misrepresenting the situation. Government buses that happen to be run by a contractor instead of totally in house.
State Transit is no longer though, if I was the operator, I would be unhappy having my business representing another entity for no return.
M 5885.
hornetfig

Post by hornetfig »

The operator is a providing a government service under contract. It has no relevant business identity. The previous government went through all this hand-wringing from operators starting some 15 years ago.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

hornetfig wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:02 pm The operator is a providing a government service under contract. It has no relevant business identity.
Of course it does, it is not a government agency, it is a private company. Your last line omitted as not relevant to this point, this is about the logo on the upper side of the bus, not the bus livery.
M 5885.
ub94k

Post by ub94k »

An Ex-STA B10BLE Orana, in all-white livery and Busways logo was operating 776 to Penrith today.
Swift

Post by Swift »

It'd be exciting if Busways got some Scania L113CRLs for their Central Coast operations.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Rode x2 Hunter Valley Buses on Train replacement this morning, the tape that was blocking off the front seats is finally gone.

Unfortunately the same can't be said for Keolis Downers Newcastle operations, I rode one of their buses earlier in the week and they still had the front seat sectioned off. Can anyone confirm whether that KD NB's still has their front seats blocked off and whether Hillsbus (any of their Sydney operations) no longer has theirs sectioned off?
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:33 pm Can anyone confirm whether that KD NB's still has their front seats blocked off and whether Hillsbus (any of their Sydney operations) no longer has theirs sectioned off?
That would certainly be revealing whether it's a depot thing or a company policy thing.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Honestly it was a bit of a treat, something we never thought we'd miss but... we certainly did.

I don't get to ride Rover or Port Stephens so I'm not certain as to whether their front seats are still taped off or not. But on the one PSC replacement coach I rode this morning there was no tape on the front seat so perhaps not?

Oh and in other news, the two dereg Csepel's with CB60 Bodywork are gone again from the back of Thornton Depot, think for good. The sole Csepel CB60 unit is still running on school duties but as to why they still kept that one... well anyones guess I suppose. Wonder when we'll see the next lot of major CDC withdrawals coming up since some buses have hit their 25 year old milestone.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Maybe I just haven't had the best of luck but I've just done some major bus spotting catch up over the last two days (Yesterday & Today) in Newcastle and usually I see Sid Fogg's on rail replacement but didn't come across any of their buses as of recent on RR. Do they still have contracts to operate weekend rail replacement or was it just a case of me maybe missing them?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Could this be because the Newcastle replacement routes now appear to require buses which are Opal equipped?
Living in the Shire.
Glen

Post by Glen »

I had cause to transfer between a train and the 309 at Green Square today, for the first time.

After exiting the barriers there were two signs pointing to "Botany Road" one facing left and one facing right.

This could be interesting, I said to myself.

One was actually to "B Botany Rd" which a typical punter might make a guess to mean the part of Botany Rd that has the bus stops so I took that exit, got to the top of the escalators and that's where the signage ends.

You are on your own after that.

It's not an ideal transfer to a southbound bus. Wouldn't fancy doing that in traffic as it's a long walk when you can't run across the road.

The timetable list told me that buses run every 10 minutes by day and 20 minutes by night. Twenty minutes would be a while to wait in the dark without knowing exactly what the pattern was.

Oh and the display also included 306 buses to Redfern via Mascot, which would be quite a tour for the uninitiated.

Yes yes I know it's to do with Hastus loops, but really, this is 2022.........
Swift

Post by Swift »

No it's NSW.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”