NSW Bus Observations 2022.

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
iamthouth

Re: NSW Bus Observations 2022.

Post by iamthouth »

Sadly also a fatality yesterday at Bateau Bay, involving the local operator.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-19/ ... /101350712
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

There was a new desto update a few weeks back now for TJHB in Region 9. This update added a TJHB logo into the file alongside a number of other changes. It appeared timed for the City to Surf race the weekend before last.

Notable changes include
- 333 now once again shows a drowning swimmer on the Bondi Beach desto scroll
- 350 shows Domestic Airport instead of just Domestic, added Maroubra Jn and Mascot to via scroll in lieu of Maroubra Bch
- 356 added Queens Park to via scroll (first time Queens Park used on a desto?)
- 370 added Randwick and Green Square to via scrolls in lieu of Glebe Point Road
- 399 now shows Malabar Heights + Little Bay on outbound, adds then Express to City scroll for inbound trips that form 394Xs
-Express trips now show a via scroll rather than a first stop scroll on outbound trips
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Many of the via scrolls are now different depending on direction of travel. EG:
396 Via Anzac Pde- Taylor Sq inbound; via Anzac Pde - Maroubra Junction outbound.
392 via Kingsford-Eastgardens out, via Eastgardens- Kingsford - Waterloo in, Supa Centa has been dropped.
348 via Alexandria - Green Sq - UNSW
School specials show SCHOOL 123 on rear display, instead of just number.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

tonyp wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:04 pm This is only a couple of weeks away but no sign of any timetables or other information yet:

https://www.busnews.com.au/industry-new ... -for-nowra?
The new timetables are now available.
Living in the Shire.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Fleet Lists wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:38 pm
tonyp wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:04 pm This is only a couple of weeks away but no sign of any timetables or other information yet:

https://www.busnews.com.au/industry-new ... -for-nowra?
Thank you. Interesting reading. A lot of new services for more people, but for me the route I used to use no longer exists, there is no longer a bus past where I used to live and, on the positive side, there is a new route closer to where I live now, but it only has an outward service daily but no inward service. Bizarro world.

At least a couple of routes where I've looked at the map turn around halfway along a road with only a side street at the turning point - no roundabouts or blocks to go around. How do they turn a bus in this situation, reverse into the side street on a three point turn? It's also been suggested that the artics will see route service, so they must now be fitted with ticket machines.
Gusbus
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202 ZF

Post by Gusbus »

tonyp wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:50 pm
Fleet Lists wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:38 pm
Thank you. Interesting reading. A lot of new services for more people, but for me the route I used to use no longer exists, there is no longer a bus past where I used to live and, on the positive side, there is a new route closer to where I live now, but it only has an outward service daily but no inward service. Bizarro world.

At least a couple of routes where I've looked at the map turn around halfway along a road with only a side street at the turning point - no roundabouts or blocks to go around. How do they turn a bus in this situation, reverse into the side street on a three point turn? It's also been suggested that the artics will see route service, so they must now be fitted with ticket machines.
What route are you referring too? There's still some issues with some of the timetable data. The detailed network should be available in the next day or two also.
Good riddens to Westbus...
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Gusbus wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:07 pm What route are you referring too? There's still some issues with some of the timetable data. The detailed network should be available in the next day or two also.
There is one point on 102 where the bus diverts into The Park Drive at Sanctuary Point as far as the stop at Stephens Rd (Stop ID 25401165) and then apparently reverses out again. The route used to loop right along The Park Drive.

I note also the very positive and long overdue extension of 106 (West Nowra) to Nowra Hill, but it is only one outward service per weekday afternoon and no inward service in the morning! It's nice to have a bus to come home from the shopping and appointments on, but not much use if there's no bus to get into town in the first place!

The outward bus is the 1557 from Nowra High School and it terminates in Cabbage Tree Lane at Timber Ridge Drive (Stop ID 2540432). I suspect that I don't need to ask how this bus turns around here because I'm guessing that it's the school service that leaves Nowra HS at this time for Nowra Hill via town and West Nowra and they must be opening it up to any type of passenger. So I know that the bus proceeds on from this point to loop around Stringybark Drive at Nowra Hill before returning to the depot. In view of the fact that it loops around Stringybark, why does it not carry fare-paying passengers beyond Timber Ridge?

This service would do well to be complemented with a service from Nowra Hill into town, for example tagged on as an extension of the 0942 departing Shoalhaven Campus. I look forward to seeing what further refinements there might be.

It's nice to see bus stops marked on the maps, though the usual practice here is for the bus to stop anywhere that somebody wants to get on or off. It would be good if Transport can lean on Shoalhaven Council, one of the most feckless councils in the state, to get off its lazy backside and actually put bus stop signs at these formal locations (let alone kerbs and paving to make the stops accessible, seats or shelters, that's too much to expect from them).
Benny95

Post by Benny95 »

Which Volvo B7RLE is down at Warnervale? I’ve noticed an additional 0405 CC 510 Merc up at Thornton (maybe 7610 from Warnervale??) Is someone able to shed some light on that for me. I would’ve went for drive today to check it out but I’m Covid struck until Monday next week 😭
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Benny95 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:36 am Which Volvo B7RLE is down at Warnervale? I’ve noticed an additional 0405 CC 510 Merc up at Thornton (maybe 7610 from Warnervale??) Is someone able to shed some light on that for me. I would’ve went for drive today to check it out but I’m Covid struck until Monday next week 😭
I'm not sure which B7RLE is down at Warnervale since it's not my local area (tho I am aware there is a sole B7RLE CB80 which was CL's own bus prior to their CDC takeover) down at Wanervale.

I can confirm m/o 7610 should be floating around the Maitland / Thornton area as I saw it doing school bus runs the other week. Still retaining it's m/o rego.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

After studying Nowra Coaches' draft timetables for after 29/8, particularly 102/X and 106/X, there are some points of difference between what TfNSW thinks is going to happen and what Nowra Coaches thinks it's going to be doing. No point going into details now - will see what emerges in coming weeks. Overall though, there's a radical growth in services and the network in that region will represent more like what a commuter bus service should be.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Good to hear some positive news even if it's an area I very rarely venture to -we're talking once a generation rare -so far.
It could indicate what happens on the central coast in future.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Benny95

Post by Benny95 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:50 pm
Benny95 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:36 am Which Volvo B7RLE is down at Warnervale? I’ve noticed an additional 0405 CC 510 Merc up at Thornton (maybe 7610 from Warnervale??) Is someone able to shed some light on that for me. I would’ve went for drive today to check it out but I’m Covid struck until Monday next week 😭
I'm not sure which B7RLE is down at Warnervale since it's not my local area (tho I am aware there is a sole B7RLE CB80 which was CL's own bus prior to their CDC takeover) down at Wanervale.

I can confirm m/o 7610 should be floating around the Maitland / Thornton area as I saw it doing school bus runs the other week. Still retaining it's m/o rego.

I know about the CB80 bodied one. This one is a Volgren Bodied one like most of the low floors out of Thornton
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

Benny95 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:01 am
ScaniaGrenda wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:50 pm

I know about the CB80 bodied one. This one is a Volgren Bodied one like most of the low floors out of Thornton
8749 MO, a B8RLE? Been at Coastal Liner for quite some time, maybe just after CDC took over
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

That may be correct, It's 1 of two Low entry Volvo's that should be down there, I have seen that B8RLE a few times before and it is fully Costal liner branded minus it being in TNSW livery instead of Costal Liner livery and having HVB accreditation Halloran.

On another matter, I've noticed m/o 7348 has been off the road for some time now for the past 6 weeks. It has been sitting at the back of the Thornton Depot parked and not moved. Although the bus is still showing as registered on servicesNSW, renewal is coming up for it next month along with a whole other load of CDC Buses, my speculation is since this bus is 25 years old it isn't likely to be renewed after next month, CDC will deregister what remains of their O405's including NH's and part ways with them sending them to Edgeworth for Storage which will likely be used for parts and then scrapped, maybe just maybe sell a few off but CDC aren't as keen anymore to hand off things to private buyers as they once were.

As for a successor to the deregistered buses, possibly we'll see the introduction of B8R / B8RLE Volgrens until CDC is ready to implement electric buses into their fleet which is highly likely to be the Volvo BZL.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

There is one from Coffs Harbour also at Edgeworth
Benny95

Post by Benny95 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:03 am That may be correct, It's 1 of two Low entry Volvo's that should be down there, I have seen that B8RLE a few times before and it is fully Costal liner branded minus it being in TNSW livery instead of Costal Liner livery and having HVB accreditation Halloran.

On another matter, I've noticed m/o 7348 has been off the road for some time now for the past 6 weeks. It has been sitting at the back of the Thornton Depot parked and not moved. Although the bus is still showing as registered on servicesNSW, renewal is coming up for it next month along with a whole other load of CDC Buses, my speculation is since this bus is 25 years old it isn't likely to be renewed after next month, CDC will deregister what remains of their O405's including NH's and part ways with them sending them to Edgeworth for Storage which will likely be used for parts and then scrapped, maybe just maybe sell a few off but CDC aren't as keen anymore to hand off things to private buyers as they once were.

As for a successor to the deregistered buses, possibly we'll see the introduction of B8R / B8RLE Volgrens until CDC is ready to implement electric buses into their fleet which is highly likely to be the Volvo BZL.
Will be interesting to see which ones get the chop…. Is 7602 still roaming around?
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

7602 MO is still registered according to RMS but can't say I've seen it around, I thankfully do have a photo of it leaving Thornton depot on a school run taken about two years or so back. a 98 B10M(SE), as much as I like the thing (Tho personally never having ridden it) I can't see why their still holding onto it as it's the only B10M in the Thornton Fleet at present, pure speculation but I reckon 7602 will also go next month even tho it won't be a 25 year old bus until November
Benny95

Post by Benny95 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:03 am That may be correct, It's 1 of two Low entry Volvo's that should be down there, I have seen that B8RLE a few times before and it is fully Costal liner branded minus it being in TNSW livery instead of Costal Liner livery and having HVB accreditation Halloran.

Check this afternoon’s No 12 Route out. Definitely not a data error
Benny95

Post by Benny95 »

4.55pm it’ll be roughly near Warnervale Station if anyone is near by
LB608

Post by LB608 »

Bankstown Coaches have they started up again was owned by Collins Coachways TV7543 Rego 12/4/2022 is owned by Collin Coachways Sydney
Linto63

Re: NSW Bus Observations 2022

Post by Linto63 »

Never ceased, was purchased by North Sydney Bus Charters, but the trading name and accreditation remained unchanged.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The Bankstown Coaches fleet list states "Robert Collins sold Bankstown Coaches and associated trading names to North Sydney Bus Charter 4/5/16 with 40 registered and 10 unregistered vehicles."

Tv 7543 was a Tourmaster which is listed as
"TV 7543 Scania K112TR 1811530 Austral Tourmaster 1413 2/88 C46FT
Reg 30/7/13 ex Patrick Kwan t/a High Country Motel, Cooma TV 3208 11/10; ex RK Willetts t/a All Aussie Tours, Richmond TV 3208 1/06; ex Crown Coaches Pty Ltd, East Burwood, VIC (80) 4180 AO by 8/02; ex PJ Nugent t/a Yarra Valley Coaches, Gruyere (7) YV 007; ex Hurstbridge Bus & Taxi Service Pty Ltd t/a Landmark Tours, Diamond Creek (51) VV27BZ -/94; ex (QLD) 533 AQY; ex Sunliner Express, Manly, QLD VV27BZ; ex Hurstbridge Bus & Taxi Sevice Pty Ltd, Diamond Creek (51) VV77BL.
Retained by Collins Coachways Pty Ltd."
which seems to indicate that it was NOT included in the sale to North Sydney but retained by Collins - subsequent disposal is not known.

Subsequently the Nowra Coaches fleet listshows a Scania K124/QCC Majestic as
"ex (517); ex BNE 517; ex McCafferty Greyhound Pty Ltd, Toowoomba, QLD (662) WIJ 586; ex Greyhound Pioneer Australia Ltd, Brisbane, QLD (662) WIJ 586.
Sold to Greyhound Australia Pty Ltd, Eagle Farm, QLD as (662) 3/11/09 & rereg (QLD) 126 LWX 5/11/09, then 662 DOG by 3/10. Withdrawn by 10/17 & sold to GH & SE Scarlett, Bega, NSW; then without use to Collins Coachways Pty Ltd, Sydney in 2019. Registered TV 7543 12/7/22."
but is not shown in any current fleet lists although the rego is current.

It seems that TV 7543 is still being operated by Collins but NOT as part of North Sydney Charters.
Living in the Shire.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

NSBC has come a long way since the days running a few cheap quickly painted ex government Mercedes Benz 0305s.
They'll be bidding to operate a Sydney contracted region next.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Looks like the cruise ship was back in Newcastle today as Port Stephens was noted operating cruise ship shuttle buses down in Newcastle including the use of their almighty MAN A95 Gemilang double decker. Unfortunately I was at work so was unable to take photos.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Busways 1668 has lost Sta Blue livery Bumpers and Gained Tfnsw Liveried Bumpers its currently on the 799 Heading out of Penrith looks quite Smart.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”