Ferry Observations 2020

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Ferry Observations 2020

Post by Fleet Lists »

https://www.captaincook.com.au/covid-19/ gives all the resumption information - some dinner cruises have already started
Living in the Shire.
gilberations

Post by gilberations »

I would expect we will see the service become a Sydney Ferries service utalizing one of the new small cats
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

tonyp wrote: It may not last. A commercial entity won't keep running an unprofitable service forever.
Obviously saved by TfNSW agreeing to pick up the shortfall, unlikely it has stepped in to save it only to cut the flack again if it were cut loose down the track.
tonyp wrote: I think, to the contrary, Constance is being very smart, playing a waiting game that will see the Freshwaters go from lack of use anyway, which can be blamed on commuters, not the government.
More likely that Liberal HQ has copped some flack from influential backers and had to back track. Much like happened with the backflip on relocating the Powerhouse museum.
boronia wrote: I think CCC is restarting its cruises program soon, and they claim these help cover the costs of the services.
CCC relies on overseas tourists, an increase in interstate visitors and locals after a day out won't offset this.
gilberations wrote: I would expect we will see the service become a Sydney Ferries service utilizing one of the new small cats.
Could do, but CCC have a long standing arrangement to provide extra vessels to Sydney Ferries in periods of high demand, although I believe CCC's Sydney fleet has recently been downsized with a number of vessels headed to Brisbane to operate parent company Sealink''s new Brisbane City Council contract.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Linto63 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:45 pm Could do, but CCC have a long standing arrangement to provide extra vessels to Sydney Ferries in periods of high demand, although I believe CCC's Sydney fleet has recently been downsized with a number of vessels headed to Brisbane to operate parent company Sealink''s new Brisbane City Council contract.
More on that here:

https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/traffic ... -locations
jpp42

Post by jpp42 »

Manly ferries are running their full summer timetable with all four Freshwater class ferries in operation for a 20-minute timetable. I watched Narrabeen berth at CQ and a grand total of three passengers got off. Wouldn't be surprised if some of these are carrying nothing but air. Your tax dollars at work!
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

At least social distancing is doable.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Glen

Post by Glen »

jpp42 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:47 pm Manly ferries are running their full summer timetable with all four Freshwater class ferries in operation for a 20-minute timetable. I watched Narrabeen berth at CQ and a grand total of three passengers got off. Wouldn't be surprised if some of these are carrying nothing but air. Your tax dollars at work!
In fairness this is not a typical summer.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

In more ways than one.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”