Error message.

News and comments about this board.
Newcastle Flyer

Re: Error message.

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

I've noticed when you use the Youtube tag, that the posts don't show the Youtube videos. If it's your post, you have to press edit, and copy the Youtube URL in between the Youtube tags.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Example please.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

^^ Fleet Lists, and I hope Boxythingy doesn't mind, but I wanted to find the youtube tags in a post that wasn't mine.

See: https://busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p1064070
That big space is meant to be a Youtube video using the Youtube video tags.

It's the same in several browser brands.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

TESTING:

https://youtu.be/JYbiP_DOGJQ

Google Chrome: No go, as Newcastle Flyer states there is just a big blank space where the embedded video should be with the start of the Youtube tag missing but the videos address and closing youtube tag are still visible.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

This one now seems to work OK without the TAGS around it
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

And the one initially reported also contained faulty tags which I hope have now been fixed
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

Here is an example of the Youtube tags still not working from one of my posts:

No error whatsoever in the address from my thread here: https://busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopi ... 65#p973765
White lives matter too.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Because you are also using wrong tags - I am not planning to fix everyones tags - that is up to individual editors.

There should in fact be no tags and just the Youtube URL as shown in ScaniaGrenda's post above.
Living in the Shire.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

I tested it myself (without posting). Blank still. However, still have Flashcontrol installed on the computer I am writing this from, which shows the video in the test post as a Flash object.
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 21.55.20.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 21.55.20.png (14.99 KiB) Viewed 15989 times
Now, I cannot recall the exact specifics of Adobe Flash finally being a thing of the past, but I do believe it was designed to cease working from the End-Of-Life date. That seemed like a possible explanation for why the videos are not showing here until I tried on another board that uses phpBB - and found the video worked fine.

Same video, coded in the post dialog same way:

Code: Select all

[youtube]XMCBwQGjl-4[/youtube]
Some years ago, I believe YouTube warned users that embed function was deprecated. Cannot recall any specifics, so it isn't likely a useful thing to include here.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I am no expert in this area but I believe you could well be right. In the latest one pointed at by Newcastle Flyer, I found it dates back to 2016 so I suspect it would have worked back then. I have now changed it to the latest what I know where only the URL is displayed and then you click on that to display it. It could be that this started recently when we went to the latest version of pppBB while the other board referred to has not yet updated to the latest version.
Living in the Shire.
hornetfig

Post by hornetfig »

It looks like the Youtube tag was just added as a custom BB code setting. That still embeds the Youtube video using Flash, which is dead. It's probably better to remove this setting and install the MediaEmbed plugin - https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ediaembed/
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

This is now well beyond me so I have referred it to higher authorities.
Living in the Shire.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

I'm getting new error messages now, hasn't happened before. On the top of the index page, I'm receiving this:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 257: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 319: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
When entering the topic pages (i.e. Pictures/Discussion), the message doubles up (i.e. line 257, 319, then 257, 319).
As I am posting this, the posting page error has expanded to:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 257: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 319: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4127: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3006)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4127: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3006)
When clearing cookies, I recieve:

AJAX ERROR
Something went wrong with the request and the server returned an invalid reply.
I can't even add attachments, as it returns:

ERROR
Could not upload attachment to ./files/21240_0d3d67c84c99e4ba1ce39dac5e524cad.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

It appears that we ran over some of our memory limits but hopefully that has now been resolved.
Living in the Shire.
Bus Suggestions

It has indeed been resolved.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Lately i have been getting a lot of
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. The server has high load. Please try again later.
messages when I log on or move from one topic to another.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I thought I had replied to this earlier.

This seems to have started yesterday morning.
I had been about to post a message whether whether were also having this problem.

I have since escalated the problem
Living in the Shire.
boronia

Post by boronia »

Was getting the message again for last couple of hours.
@ The Museum of Fire.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

The following is appearing on the page header when I loaded the board on my phone's browser just now:

phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 264: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 326: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 264: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 326: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3027)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3027)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 264: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

Also happens on Chrome. Same text as Merc1107's.

Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
Bus Suggestions

I’ve also been getting that message, as well as the following when I try to get to a topic from my unread notifications:

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/production/data_global.php
boronia

Post by boronia »

I'm getting the message on Firefox and Safari, but the board is still loading OK
@ The Museum of Fire.
boronia

Post by boronia »

Seems there hasn't been any new posts since 2.44 pm Sunday?
@ The Museum of Fire.
Traklink

Post by Traklink »

boronia wrote:Seems there hasn't been any new posts since 2.44 pm Sunday?
It's been basically impossible to log in for most of the last couple of days. Managed it now but it feels like a fluke.
Catch a Traklink bus and you're on the train.
Traklink

Post by Traklink »

Not to mention I can only see the last page of this thread while logged out or in a different browser
Catch a Traklink bus and you're on the train.

Return to “News & Administration”