'The Hop' Branding Rollout

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Kurt
Favourite Vehicle: Anything Unique

Re: Railway Observations - April 2013

Post by Kurt »

Nice scoop there CityRail... Now to address your areas of concern...

Mate, where should I exit the station?

Wherever there are stairs or a ramp, not hard to miss

Is there any connecting transport available?

I'll agree with you on that, would be better to show whether there are bus/ferry/Light Rail connections

In which direction can I access to the lift if I'm disabled?

Look to your left, if there is a fence and the platform ends, then look the other way, and vice versa. Sweet as!

I want to go to Luna Park. Where should I get off?

Hmm... Good question... I bet when tourists come across the bridge and they gaze out the window that they wont see the park right there, and I'm sure they'll do no research beforehand and bank on station signage letting them know of every landmark. I'm so worried when they put the new signage at Waverton that I wont be able to access Balls Head, whatever the hell that place is anyway...

:roll:
Bus Videos Regularly Updated - http://www.youtube.com/henergy1994
CityRail

Post by CityRail »

^But how likely will it get changed after July?

Moreover, if you look at the Emergency Help Sign, there's no clear signal or arrows to indicate where it is.

Daniel: Is it feasible to put a sticky thread of Sydney Trains and NSW Trains roll out like the Opal one?
kypros1992

'The Hop' Branding Rollout

Post by kypros1992 »

All observations regarding new signage, uniforms, brochures etc. goes here.

Summary:
- new station signage being installed at Milsons Pt
boxythingy
Favourite Vehicle: Anything not 'B-set' w/problms

Post by boxythingy »

BeauGiles wrote:
swtt wrote:
On the yellow sign: "For CityRail information"...

Shouldn't it be "For Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink information"?????????? :shock:
As said before, they're just stickers. ;) It's not July yet.
Why is there the need for preliminary stickers? This is not a movie, we do not need introduction, complication and resolution. WHY would you exactly want to hide the additional information? I thought the new colours were Orange (and Grey)? Is this some kind of joke?
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

swtt wrote:
CityRail wrote:Image

On the yellow sign: "For CityRail information"...

Shouldn't it be "For Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink information"?????????? :shock:
Does it matter ??

As long as the phone number is correct, passengers aren't going to be too concerned about the operator's name.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
boxythingy

Post by boxythingy »

I agree with you baronia, but what's the whole point of changing CityRail-> Sydney Trains then?

I don't think anyone would mind "good old" CityRail improving. When we grow old, we could actually tell the youngins that, "In our day, CityRail was known as CityFail, could you imagine that now?"

How many times has the 'London Underground/Tube' changed its names in the last 5 decades? Dare I say if Sydney Trains fails to deliver, history books will remember this transition as the destruction of Sydney transport 'culture', courtesy of Barry O'Farrell and Gladys Berejklian. This is bizarre and stretching it, I know.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

boxythingy wrote:I agree with you baronia, but what's the whole point of changing CityRail-> Sydney Trains then?
Political expediency.

You don't really believe the service is going to be any better?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
boxythingy

Post by boxythingy »

No. I'll believe it when I see it. I'll also be overseas for a year even before Sydney Trains rolls in. That's a generous buffer for the government to sort things out before I come back to give my critique.
Simes
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Re: 'The Hop' Branding Rollout

Post by Simes »

The staff at Kogarah today were all dolled out in their new Jetst... opps Sydney Trains uniforms
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm
PLI
Favourite Vehicle: Busabout Volvo B7RLE/Bustech's

Post by PLI »

So their changing their name to Sydney Trains?
• FLEET LISTS • Train • Ferry • Light Rail •
http://trackrecordfl.com/
swtt

Post by swtt »

NSW Trains = Organisation to operate the Intercity & CountryLink trains.

NSW TrainLink = brand to be marketed to customers.
PLI
Favourite Vehicle: Busabout Volvo B7RLE/Bustech's

Post by PLI »

Well actually I just read that its

Sydney Trains for Surburban Services
and
NSW TrainLink for Intercity services
• FLEET LISTS • Train • Ferry • Light Rail •
http://trackrecordfl.com/
swtt

Post by swtt »

PLI wrote:Well actually I just read that its

Sydney Trains for Surburban Services
and
NSW TrainLink for Intercity services
Yes but the customer facing brand may be slightly different.

Much like Melbourne: "PT>" is the brand customers work with, and myki tickets are administered by PT>.

However, Metro Trains Melbourne, Yarra Trams etc are operators, which are under the PT> umbrella.

So in Sydney, it'll be called "The Hop" (PT>), with Sydney Trains (Corporate), Transport Sydney Trains (customer), NSW Trains (Corporate), Transport NSW TrainLink (Customer), Metro Light Rail (Corporate), Transport Light Rail (Customer) etc.
Attachments
our-brand-family-diagram.png
our-brand-family-diagram.png (108.91 KiB) Viewed 14851 times
swtt

Post by swtt »

Here is the sign where extra information about Luna Park was shown, but has been covered over.
Attachments
WP_20130426_010.jpg
WP_20130426_010.jpg (209.87 KiB) Viewed 14700 times
Volvo Super Olympian
Favourite Vehicle: Double deckers

Post by Volvo Super Olympian »

Is it just me or what, how will these new sign make trains run more reliable and on time. Waste of time and effort in my opinion, how about spending these wasted money on hiring back the transits to keep those vandals and shitheads away, so that people can see thru train windows that are not scratched?

This current government is just spending time on useless stuff.
Gusbus
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202 ZF

Post by Gusbus »

Is it just me thinking this? Why have the government fully fitted out 1 station across the entire CityRail network with the new signage and this station happens to be the station with panoramic views of the harbour bridge and city sky line? Me thinking Cityrail or should I say Sydney Trains :roll: are going to shoot a TV ad (the government used Milsons Pt in the Opal ad) showing us the changes we are going to see in the coming months with the transition from 'third world public transport' under 'CityFail' to 'first world public transport' under the liberal government with Sydney Trains/NSW trainLink.
Good riddens to Westbus...
CityRail

Post by CityRail »

^If the Government just want to shoot an ad, they can use computer effects instead of sticking new stickers onto the sign.

As I was predicted, it is clear when you have a new public transport branding you will most likely be ended up with a new station signs, which of course will be a waste of resources.

I am looking forward to see what style of bus stop signs they will end up.
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

Bus stops won't change, well I don't think so they don't need to
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

A lot of bus stops badly need upgrading - we have to get away from the old type stop like the one in front of where I live which is just a piece of tin hammered to an electricity pole.

And even on the newer type stops information still needs to improve,
Living in the Shire.
iDionz

Post by iDionz »

Well of course the really old ones need upgrading ours have a sticker on the streetlight and a metal sign.

Though I actually have one of those new bus stop signs with the blue bus and yellow circle my sisters friend found it next to a big bin, so he gave it to me, but its scratched up and alittle bent

Admin: The following off topic post by another member removed
fm2790.

Post by fm2790. »

crimsontide wrote:
PLI wrote:I still don't understand why they used Grey and Orange? I would have used colours that actually had to do with CityRail, say yellow and blue like the logo?
Coming soon Jetstar Rail ;)

I like the call, Jetstar Rail!!!'
CityRail

Post by CityRail »

Fleet Lists wrote:A lot of bus stops badly need upgrading - we have to get away from the old type stop like the one in front of where I live which is just a piece of tin hammered to an electricity pole.

And even on the newer type stops information still needs to improve,
Yeah. I think the new bus stop design does not reflect the number of routes stopping that stop.

I hope a new bus stop sign similar to the PT> Standard should reflect a much better customer information.

A piece of tin on an electrical pole is better. Consider just a scratch of yellow paint on the kerb being your bus stop!
Gusbus
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202 ZF

Post by Gusbus »

But the benefit of the old bus stops is if you want the bus to stop right outside your house you can easily buy one or make your own and stick it on the telegraph pole!!!!
Good riddens to Westbus...
matthewg

Post by matthewg »

Gusbus wrote:Is it just me thinking this? Why have the government fully fitted out 1 station across the entire CityRail network

They haven't 'fully fitted out' Milson's point. I passed through Milson's Point twice yesterday - the new signs appear to be restricted to a 2 or 3 at the city end of the platform.

I'm now suspecting it was done for the shooting of a TV commercial and the only signs changed were those that would be 'in frame'. Either that or on Friday night some one ripped most of the vinyls off !
crimsontide

Post by crimsontide »

Volvo Super Olympian wrote:Is it just me or what, how will these new sign make trains run more reliable and on time. Waste of time and effort in my opinion, how about spending these wasted money on hiring back the transits to keep those vandals and shitheads away, so that people can see thru train windows that are not scratched?

This current government is just spending time on useless stuff.
Passengers (not customers!!!!!) just want on time trains that are clean and safe, the Minister has put all that in the to hard basket instead opting for window dressing. :roll:

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”