What makes you happy today?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Re: What makes you happy?

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

So, I observed two Mercedes-Benz O405's doing rail replacement duty over the weekend on the North Shore T1 rail replacement from CDC NSW St Mary's. Pretty cool, right? But, the ones I was really hoping to catch were the last two rocking that classic Westbus livery. Kinda bummed I didn't come across them this time as I noticed they were out on the last major rail replacement run but hey, fingers crossed for next round hopefully!
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
ScaniaGrenda

Re: What makes you happy today?

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I couldn't believe my eyes when I just looked at the fleet-lists for Keolis Downer. To my surprise, there are two more Volvo B8RLE buses on the way, but here's the twist – they'll be featuring bodies by Express instead of the usual Bustech. It's quite a departure from what we've come to expect from what's Become NSW's next "Bustech City." (Seriously come to Newcastle on a weekend & the majority of NT's buses running are Bustech bodied ones) This unexpected change in bus suppliers has definitely piqued my interest!

Custom Endeavours down the line next I hope but I'll take express, they don't get a lot of Urban love.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

That should put a stop to Newcastle becoming Little Adelaide.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Donald Trump only getting more popular the more they try to criminalise him. People are continually seeing through it. The populace don't trust the establishment.
Donald just effortlessly commands adoration 🔥.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

I think both He & Biden are well overdue for retirement, regardless of their popularity or how many elections they won. How many people have you met in that age bracket that still have the energy, and mental acuity to hold any sort of job, let alone a job with as much responsibility as the POTUS has?

Surely there are much younger candidates from both the Republican, and Democrat sides who share their parties' vision, and can influence a younger generation who are overwhelmingly dissatisfied with politics?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Swift wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:48 pm Donald Trump only getting more popular the more they try to criminalise him. People are continually seeing through it. The populace don't trust the establishment.
Or utter disgust.
Living in the Shire.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Sunday was an absolute blast of a day, small enthusiast tour by HCVA organised for the Hunter region, two buses turned up, HCVA's and a preserved STA O405 "CC 516".

The Butterbox as HCVA called their Volvo B10M (Queensland / Brisbane Bus Builders body I believe?) certainly brung me back to the joy of when I use to ride the old Volvo B10M CC Euro II buses to school, the backroads out towards Branxton really gave the bus a good run with myself bobbing up and down at the back, lovely noisy engine also bringing back the joys of not being able to hear the person next to or in front of you.

Eventually we did split up and go our own ways, The Butterbox went on it's own adventure after a photo stop at Branxton, the rest of us continued on JT's preserved O405, train spotting just shy of Singleton and then on the way back to Morisset stopping in between local towns for various photo shots playing with the destination controller, the O405 still has a lot of STA era routes and displays programed into the onboard ICU 400 so I did try to attempt to get as many photos as possible.

We did get a spin In JT's other preserved O405, former Busways 247 and I loved both, was also my first time stepping onboard a "228" bodied bus by CC as I was never fortunate enough to ride them while in revenue service. ICU 400 controller worked on this one but not the front board. I didn't get to look through too many of the displays programed into this unit but JT has programed some of his own into it.

Day concluded late into the afternoon and It's the most fun out I've had in a while, big props to those who organised the tour (HCVA) and JT himself for giving us enthuistists a ride on both his buses and being an amazing host on his part of outing. Always looking forward to doing it again.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Fleet Lists wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:02 am
Swift wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:48 pm Donald Trump only getting more popular the more they try to criminalise him. People are continually seeing through it. The populace don't trust the establishment.
Or utter disgust.
From the sickos.
Frances

Post by Frances »

Well, I never expected Trump to rate a mention in a thread called "what makes you happy today".
scott

Post by scott »

The resignation of the Premier of Victoria, Daniel Andrews.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-26/ ... /102902188
Swift

Post by Swift »

Here's a shrine I made to Donald while he was being America's savior.
IMG_20200815_193539-1000x564.jpg
Swift

Post by Swift »

scott wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:08 pm The resignation of the Premier of Victoria, Daniel Andrews.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-26/ ... /102902188
https://youtu.be/q9yAfQ3CTnc?si=nnD1HVZvrOtYhYzt
Swift

Post by Swift »

Watching Pretty Woman for probably the first time since I rented it on VHS about 1991. It was fascinating to see the cars and street scenes of LA back then.
Julia Roberts was good and was only 21!
Frances

Post by Frances »

Finding a $50 note just lying on the ground and no-one else around to claim it.
Swift

Post by Swift »

No winning convincingly.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Seeing bus registrations appear on real time trip tracking (finally)

There's still the issue of trackers out there that display as something other than what the actual bus is through but this is a start.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Trick view as well?
Swift

Post by Swift »

This bus driver putting his bus to good use against just stop oil road blockers. They are bludgers.
https://youtu.be/u-8qd_5_sAo?si=rBfOGSD2PLyRphay
Swift

Post by Swift »

Dismantling this old skateboard with quality steel tooling.
IMG_20231109_212922_copy_960x542.jpg
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

List of attending buses looking very sweet for Sydney Bus Museums Busfest, can't wait for Sunday!
Frances

Post by Frances »

Finding a really nice pair of shoes at a good price and with free shipping. I should have them by the second week of January. They're black, mid-brown and cream, so they should match up with quite a few of my things.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

Flat or Heels?
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Very happy I got fuel yesterday, $1.56L for unleaded, nothing special fuel wise, just the price, was going to be the lowest we'd see in a good long time and with "Christmas" around the corner means the fuel cartels are hungry for cash as always so the fuel price must sadly rise back up. I've never seen the one petrol station with so many cars lined up. Now it's going to back to being a ghost town.

Look at the fuel check applications and the locals close by have shot back up to almost $1.80L, Sydney is looking worse at $2.15L for unleaded.
Frances

Post by Frances »

LB608 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:17 amFlat or Heels?
Heels but not very high ones. Partly because I am fairly tall and don't need the extra height and partly because of an intermittent back problem I have which, thankfully hasn't been troubling me much for the last few years
LB608

Post by LB608 »

Hope you enjoy wearing them

Return to “The Lunch Room”