AEC Decker in Cessnock

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: AEC Decker in Cessnock

Post by Swift »

Here's some I took 21st June last year in a Cessnock street. I came across it by chance turning my head to glance down a side street as I was driving.
It was being used as a shed as it was full of gear including a couple of lawnmowers. It's truly a fascinating looking vehicle inside and out and considerably more modern than a Sydney Regent III. It has the same three stem steering wheel as an AEC Reliance and a CAV mono control gear change set up.
IMG_20210617_133612_copy_1000x564.jpg
IMG_20210617_133911_copy_1000x564.jpg
IMG_20210617_133748_copy_1000x564.jpg
IMG_20210617_133551_copy_1000x564.jpg
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I'd seen this parked for years in it's usual spot when I'd pass down this way to cessnock and am now kicking myself for not getting photos of it while it was still there. If my memory serves me correctly, it was moved sometime between late last year and early this year. Not sure where it is now but when I last did see it, it wasn't looking too pretty.

I guess if Swifts post is anything to go by, the fact this was last being used as a shed pretty much doesn't fill me with hope that it would still be around. Perhaps it served the owners purpose and they had an eyesore of it being around so got rid of it. Shame, wonder if the owner knew the full history behind this.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

FWIW, the rego expired in Feb 2019
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

To be honest, ever since I've been aware of this Deckers existence in the past couple of years, I don't think I've ever seen it move once so to keep paying for registration on it would be a waste of money for the owner(s) to be honest, probably more worthwhile if it was still in a working state to put it on Historic registration.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Those rear hubs look really sophisticated and stylish. I wonder why AEC switched to regular looking hubs?
They remind me of hub reduction axles because of how wide they are at the base.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”