Design-a-Bus

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
Coca Cola

Design-a-Bus

Post by Coca Cola »

I'm starting this topic just to see what YOU all like in buses/coaches, and if there are things that i haven't thought about that are available. I remember a while ago finding a Mills-Tui quotation form in a search from Google, but i am yet unable to find it - it featured everything (i.e. chassis, length, A/D, seats, body, accessories).

This is what i would have (if i could),

Chassis: Scania K480EB
Transmission: "Comfort Shift" (i love the gearbox)
Body: Denning "Gold" Phoenix 14.5m High-Deck (look at the link for the "Gold" Phoenix in my signature)
A/C: Probably a ThermoKing LRT
Interior:
  • - No toilet
    - McConnell "Executive" (no seats if i weren't going to use them)
    - Electric Curtains (driver controlled open/close)
    - Full BOSE surround sound fitted (for driving music of course)
    - 50" Plasma (if there were no seats)
    - Mercedes Benz S-Class drivers seat,
    - Overhead Racks,
    - and more (can't think of it at the moment)
Exterior:
  • - Tinted windows
    - Silver/Grey paint (Like on the Denning website)
    - Vertical exhaust (Denning are the only ones that seem to make them look alright these days)
If i couldn't have that :( ,

Chassis: Scania K480EB
Transmission: "Comfort Shift"
Body: Mills-Tui "Valere" OR Coach Design
A/C: Probably a ThermoKing LRT
Interior:
  • - No toilet
    - McConnell "Executive" (no seats if i weren't going to use them)
    - Electric Curtains (driver controlled open/close)
    - Full BOSE surround sound fitted (for driving music of course)
    - ISRI® 6860/875 including Swivel (i've been told there comfortable),
    - Overhead Racks,
    - and more (can't think of it at the moment)
Exterior:
  • - Tinted windows
    - Silver/Grey paint (Like on the Denning website)
    - Vertical exhaust (Denning are the only ones that seem to make them look alright these days)
Thats my list so far, i have thought of more previously but have forgotten it now.

And yes i do know that there was a thread ages ago along the same lines as this one, but i thought i'd open another one up.
PoweredByCNG
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O 405

Re: Design-a-Bus

Post by PoweredByCNG »

Chassis: Mercedes-Benz Citaro chassis.

Engine: Mercedes-Benz OM 457 hLA with 260 kW / 354 PS and 1600 Nm, Euro 5 and EEV-compliant with Selective Catalytic Reduction.

Transmission: ZF 5HP 604 (customised gear-shift points) driving a ZF portal axle with custom-built ~4.0:1 final drive gear. Speed limited to 100km/h as per legal requirements. Available gear selection buttons: 1, 2, 3, D, N, R.

Bodywork: Custom Coaches "CB60" Evo II. 11.5-12m body length. Front and centre SMC two-piece glide-away doors with single-leaf operation on front door. Bode electronic wheel-chair ramp at front door. Rubber-mounted full-height passenger windows with darkest legal tint and four lockable hopper windows (two on each side of the bus). McConnell 'Centra' seats with black roll-tops. Thermo King Citi-RT air-conditioning allowing full driver control. Extra engine ventilation grilles on rear and sides and high intake grille on nearside rear corner.

Other options: Electric mirrors, cruise control, Mobitec LED destination displays (front, rear, sides) with ICU 400 control, remote keyless entry, extra dash-mounted air-conditioning vents with booster fan, reversing / rear door / passenger compartment cameras, halogen interior lights above each door (activated upon doors opening), halogen driver's cab light (activated upon doors opening or can be manually controlled), floor-mounted accelerator pedal, public announcement system, turbo timer, Alcoa rims, standee-friendly interior design with two stanchions per row of seats and extra grab-handles, anti-graffiti mesh grilles for all windows behind the rear door, driver's security screen with anti-glare film, bullet-proof glass and stainless steel frame - electronic driver controllable isolation screen.

Regards,
Dave
Proud owner of ex-Transperth 1042 and ex-Transperth 1114.
newcastle man 2

Post by newcastle man 2 »

PoweredbyCNG, are the OC500LE able to be optioned with the floor mounted pedals?

Here's my ultimate bus:

Chassis: Mercedes-Benz OC500LE

Engine: OM 457 hLA rated at 220Kw/ 299 Hp and 1250Nm. Bluetec system fitted to EEV specification. Exhuast exits on offside.

Gearbox:Voith DIWA D864.5, 4 Speed automatic with integrated hydraulic retarder. ANS disabled.

Rear Axle: Mercedes Benz H07/03 DCL Planetary hub reduction. 4.1:1 Ratio. 12.3 Tonne Capacity.

Length: 12.0m.
Wheelbase: 5.89 Metres
Front Overhang: 2.78 Metres
Rear Overhang: 3.33 Metres

Body: Custom Coaches CB60 EvoII with Rubber mounted windows and covering plate(as per STA Volvo specification). Double width glide away SMC doors, front and centre. ThermoKing Citi-Rt Aircondtioner. McConnell Centra seats. Wheelchair bays consists of 4 (fold up)facing seats each as per PMC mercs, giving a seating capacity of 42 or 34 and two wheelcahirs. Staunchions all the way to the back with overhead bar to hold onto (no straps), for 28 Standees. Adblue filler located next to Fuel Filler (or same distance as Volvo B12BLE if to be used by STA). Windscreen washer bottle filler in front panel.

Electronics: Thoreb Multiplex system with Lamp Check feature enabled for drivers and Diagnostics for maitenance staff. Mobitec Dot Matrix destination signs (MOT spec), digital video system (STA spec), Stop Bell as opposed to CC buzzer. Jump start plug in hatch below drivers window. Non intrusive electronic braking system, EBD only kicks in gradually from 65% pedal pressure onwards (ie emergency situations). ABS functions as normal.

Driver Related ISRI 6500/517 air suspension seat with head restraint and lap seat belt. Electric mirrors on collapsable arms (STA spec), Floor mounted pedals for brake and accelerator (as per Volvo B12BLE and older buses). Bosch key, same as older Mercedes Buses (key compatible with O405 and O405NH buses) Along with starter switch set up so key can be removed whilst engine running to enable driver changeovers without stopping engine. Indicator stalk on right hand sid of wheel. If Kneeling button depressed, bus automatically kneels when doors open and raises back to normal when doors closed. Custom column shifter for gearbox selection (123DNR). Booster fan for drivers cabin.

And I forgot to add if possible it waould have rounded rear styling with the quarter windows in a tribute to the O305.
Last edited by newcastle man 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Ahhhhhhhhh... I absolutely LOVE the New Flyer D40LFs, especially the earlier models which had a Detroit Diesel 6v92tta DDEC with ZF 4HP 500. Except these older ones have MAN front and rear axles (hub reduction at rear). They made the most AMAZING noises and were very comfortable. New Flyer possibly went to Meritor because of local content rules.

My only gripe with interior designs for buses is that they have 2 wheelchair spaces. I'd personally spec a bus with one wheelchair space, and increase the seating capacity.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Windy wrote:Ahhhhhhhhh... I absolutely LOVE the New Flyer D40LFs, especially the earlier models which had a Detroit Diesel 6v92tta DDEC with ZF 4HP 500. Except these older ones have MAN front and rear axles (hub reduction at rear). They made the most AMAZING noises and were very comfortable.
More reports from America eh?Have you got a recording??A GM combined with hub reduction.I'd like to hear that!Which city was this in?
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Stoney!
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz o405

Post by Stoney! »

Chassis: Mercedes O500LE

Engine: Mercedes Om 457hLA 354 HP & 1600nm of torque. Emissions Reduction Via AdBlu SCR system.

Axels: ZF Front Axel, Mercedes Hub Reduction rear axel. (Final drive 4.0:1)

Brakes: Disc front - Rear Drum. Fully Air system, no computer control at all.

Gearbox: ZF 5 speed with Lockup in first only on kickdown and NBS disabled.

Body: Custom Coaches CB60 Evo II - Front twin glide a way and rear single door Glide away.
LED saloon lighting and halogen lights above drivers console and doors.
Seats over front wheel arches with baggage area next to front door inplace of forward facing seat with ticket machine on side of baggage rack.
Low height front window line raising up at rear windows with perspex windows for weight reduction and cheaper change when vandalised.
Cloth Custom coaches bench seats.
Drivers cabin door with Perth style 'monkey cage'
FM DVB radio with high quality saloon speakers and micro drivers set to 104.1 2DAY FM On friday and saturday nights and MIX 106.5 during all other times.
LED tail and marker lights.
Xenon projector lights with auto leveling. (low beam only) Halogen High beam.
Mobitec ICU400 Flip dot desto.
One wheelchair area.

Aircon: Denso

Optional extras: Speed hold, Power socket in drivers area. WI-FI internet access, Sat-NAV (with turn by turn instruction and shifts pre-programmed) Electric adjustable, heated mirrors, Hard drive camera system with forward facing camera as well as reversing, rear door and 5 saloon cmaeras. Drivers boost fan for aircon, GPS announcement system upon opening doors for outside passengers, and when approaching main stops for inside passengers and alco wheels. ISRI drivers seat, Auto air adjustable with full height back rest and 3 point lap.sash seatbelt.

Stoney!
Proud Volkswagen Golf owner...

Mercees o305g:- one of the best buses ever built
Daz
Favourite Vehicle: 4964F Heritage

Post by Daz »

You're all using other people's already-made ideas. Get original!

Introducing the all-new "DazLiner TravelMaster Pro"...

Chassis: MAN 24-480 Lion HOLCN
Engine: MAN D2676 480hp 12.7L straight six with 2,300nm torque at 1000-1450rpm, with EGR to meet Euro 5 emmision targets :mrgreen:
Transmission: MAN 'TipMatic' (ZF AsTronic AS2301 12sp) with intarder
Suspension: Independent steer, full ECAS with steer and drive stabilisers and full raise/lower and kneel/tag dump, steerable I-beam tag.
Drive: MAN Hypoid with 3.36:1 final (1370rpm at 100km/h, max 138km/h)
Brakes: Full disk service brakes with ASM and ABS, auxillary MAN Exhaust Valve Brake (or EVB; basically a super-jake that makes one hell of a mean rumble)

Body: My own super high-deck (2000mm deck) design with fibreglass 1-piece front and rear sections on a full structural grade welded stainless steel frame. All stretch panels and side panels will be bonded aluminum, curved sections are fibreglass and a 1 piece rolled aluminuim roof. Window pillars are sloped forward, the "C" pillar is an un-noticeable solid stainless bar that looks like any other pillar. Bin doors are automatic pneumatic plug-type, push button operated from inside with an emergency air release as a backup. There will be one large swing type entry door at the front, the air conditioning system will be mounted vertically behind the rear seat above the engine (not on the roof). There will be a full 'vacuum-maid' system installed.

Exterior: Double HID Xenon headlights with roof-mounted halogens in sleek mouldings. Canon low mounted mirrors with heat and full remote adjustment. A classic style 4-post alloy bullbar and a stone guard to match. Full double-glazed bonded windows with complete blockout tint and gutters along the top. Alcoa 10-hole Dura-Brites sit in wells with chrome mouldings and spray supression mudguards. Full LED clearance lights, which there is an awful lot of, also LED indicators and Mills-Tui-esque LED strip tail lights.

Interior: 52 StyleRide Acacia reclining seats covered in grey leather, specially made with external lap/sash belts and an integrated entertainment system. Fully flat floor with light blue speckle vinyl to the aisle and plush royal blue carpet under the seats. Walls and roof are Realtek 'Carnival' (dark blue with white swirls) material. There is a mirror running the length of the interior with small LEDs to create a star effect. The 6 step spiral entry stairwell is covered in wear resistant non-slip black vinyl with the raised circles, with hi-vis yellow non-slip trim. There is a full cold drinking water system piped to the front and rear as well as a full fresh water flushing toilet mounted at the back. Drivers console has lots of switches, a modern MAN steering wheel and full Cherry or Tasmanian Oak dash. The standard MAN instrument cluster is fitted.

Electrical/Entertainment: A McIntosh 6-stack radio/CD/DVD player is installed and connected to both the in-seat screens and a front-mounted 107cm fold-away LCD tv. There are 24 McIntosh kevlar-cone speakers fitted (one per register). All interior lighting is high-intensity LED, with blue LED lights in the overhead racks, along the floor in the vinyl/carpet join and underneath the seats for night cruising. Reading lights are operated from the seat armrest. There is also WiFi internet (technology is available now). There is a full reversing system fitted with side and rear cameras as well as sensors. There is also a GPS system that can display the location on the in-seat screens, as well as a road cam.

Yes, a man certainly is allowed to dream. Starting from just $799,990 + GST.

Daz.
Did you hear the scarecrow got an award? He was out standing in his field.
Mr Scania
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Post by Mr Scania »

Can I order one please ?
PoweredByCNG

Post by PoweredByCNG »

dazisstillback wrote:...with EGR to meet Euro 5 emmision targets
No thanks!

Regards,
Dave
Daz

Post by Daz »

Mr Scania wrote:Can I order one please ?
Yeah sure but you need to pay for two; the first one gets rolled over (either that or at an extra charge you could buy back the repaired one...). Also the full amount needs to be paid upfront. On a serious note, I always thought that building a coach would be fairly easy. It's just a simple frame with some ply here and there and the stretch panels. The interior is done by a pro (TransFab/Coachworks etc), the seats are pre-fab, the windows by a glazier, electrics by (you guessed it) an auto electrician. The front and rear would be the hard bits; making the moulds then glassing them and removing... Maybe some Haynes Marine ex-pat??
| | | _____ _____ _____ ____ |
\_|__|_( 0 ) _|____||_____||____|_____( 0 ) ( 0 ) |___|/
| | | _____ _____ _____ ____ |
\_|__|_( 0 ) _|____||_____||____|_____( 0 ) ( 0 ) |___|/

Daz.
jarf
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UA/Volgren CR228L

Post by jarf »

I'm not too picky with regard to the mechanical bits, but the interior is important. I believe this coach would be appropriate for a long-haul V/Line route, such as Bendigo to Adelaide. :lol:

Chassis: Mercedes Benz O500RF-3, 13.5m.
Body: Express or Coach Design.
A/C: CoachAir XT.

Interior:
- 48 x McConnell Executive reclining dark red leather seats with lap/sash belts, fitted with aisle-side handgrips, folding footrests and seat-back entertainment system with a choice of free to air TV, six pay TV channels and audio on demand.
- Medium-dark grey non-slip vinyl flooring in the aisle and at the very rear of the coach, with pale green and blue LED edging.
- Navy carpet under the seats.
- Individual air vents and LED reading lights.
- Light grey lockable overhead luggage bins along the entire length of the saloon.
- Wheelchair lift and one designated space at centre LHS.
- 1 x toilet at rear RHS. 1 x refrigerated water fountain at rear LHS.

Exterior: 35% tinted double-glazed bonded windows. 3 x full-width luggage bins. Mobitec LED desto.

8)
Random Gunzel Insanity - http://jarfness.blogspot.com/
PenelopePitstop

Post by PenelopePitstop »

It would have to be a BCI, 8.5m stock standard, white paint a wheel chair lifter, a ringfeeder trailer setup, two dunnies because one is never enough, a spare engine and a roll of 100mph tape :lol: :lol:
Big Blonde and Beautiful. Take me as I am I AM BAD
newcastle man 2

I think I'd also have to speck an Articulated bus aswell:

Chassis: Mercedes Benz OC500GLE. Comprises front and Rear OC500LE modules with Hübner turntable.
Engine: OM 457hLA 260 Kw (354hp) and 1600 Nm. Bluetec system fitted to EEV specification.
Gearbox: ZF Ecomat 5HP-604C, 5 speed automatic. NBS disabled.
Centre Axle: ZF AVN 132 portal axle, non driven.
Rear Axle: Mercedes Benz H07/03 DCL Planetary hub reduction. 4.1:1 Ratio. 12.3 Tonne Capacity.
Length: 17.96 metres
Front overhang: 2.78 metres
Front wheelbase: 5.115 metres
Centre axle to turntable:1.885 metres
Turntable to rear axle:4.85 metres
Rear Overhang: 3.33 metres

Body: Custom Coaches CB60 EvoII articulated. Same as rigid bus except with 3 doors, front, centre (just infront of centre axle) and rear (in trailer section).Wheelchair bays set up same as rigid bus giving a seating capacity of 64 or 56 with two wheel chairs. Standing capacity of 42. Red and black seat trim.

Driver/ Electronics: Same as rigid bus but fitted with extra camera for supervising rear door and reversing.
Last edited by newcastle man 2 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Deanes 5013 wrote:
Windy wrote:Ahhhhhhhhh... I absolutely LOVE the New Flyer D40LFs, especially the earlier models which had a Detroit Diesel 6v92tta DDEC with ZF 4HP 500. Except these older ones have MAN front and rear axles (hub reduction at rear). They made the most AMAZING noises and were very comfortable.
More reports from America eh?Have you got a recording??A GM combined with hub reduction.I'd like to hear that!Which city was this in?
These remarkable beasts are from Canada. The ZF gearboxed units live in Edmonton, Alberta. There's around 30-40 of them. The Allison units were specced like this from new in Victoria, British Columbia, and the Allison retrofits (from ZF) reside in Calgary, Alberta.
Set Down Only
Favourite Vehicle: Surfside 332

Post by Set Down Only »

dazisstillback wrote:You're all using other people's already-made ideas. Get original!

Introducing the all-new "DazLiner TravelMaster Pro"...

Chassis: MAN 24-480 Lion HOLCN
Engine: MAN D2676 480hp 12.7L straight six with 2,300nm torque at 1000-1450rpm, with EGR to meet Euro 5 emmision targets :mrgreen:
Suspension: Independent steer, full ECAS with steer and drive stabilisers and full raise/lower and kneel/tag dump, steerable I-beam tag.
Brakes: Full disk service brakes with ASM and ABS, auxillary MAN Exhaust Valve Brake (or EVB; basically a super-jake that makes one hell of a mean rumble)

Body: My own super high-deck (2000mm deck) design with fibreglass 1-piece front and rear sections on a full structural grade welded stainless steel frame. All stretch panels and side panels will be bonded aluminum, curved sections are fibreglass and a 1 piece rolled aluminuim roof. Window pillars are sloped forward, the "C" pillar is an un-noticeable solid stainless bar that looks like any other pillar. Bin doors are automatic pneumatic plug-type, push button operated from inside with an emergency air release as a backup. There will be one large swing type entry door at the front, the air conditioning system will be mounted vertically behind the rear seat above the engine (not on the roof). There will be a full 'vacuum-maid' system installed.

Exterior: Double HID Xenon headlights with roof-mounted halogens in sleek mouldings. Canon low mounted mirrors with heat and full remote adjustment. A classic style 4-post alloy bullbar and a stone guard to match. Full double-glazed bonded windows with complete blockout tint and gutters along the top. Alcoa 10-hole Dura-Brites sit in wells with chrome mouldings and spray supression mudguards. Full LED clearance lights, which there is an awful lot of, also LED indicators and Mills-Tui-esque LED strip tail lights.

Interior: 52 StyleRide Acacia reclining seats covered in grey leather, specially made with external lap/sash belts and an integrated entertainment system. Fully flat floor with light blue speckle vinyl to the aisle and plush royal blue carpet under the seats. Walls and roof are Realtek 'Carnival' (dark blue with white swirls) material. There is a mirror running the length of the interior with small LEDs to create a star effect. The 6 step spiral entry stairwell is covered in wear resistant non-slip black vinyl with the raised circles, with hi-vis yellow non-slip trim. There is a full cold drinking water system piped to the front and rear as well as a full fresh water flushing toilet mounted at the back. Drivers console has lots of switches, a modern MAN steering wheel and full Cherry or Tasmanian Oak dash. The standard MAN instrument cluster is fitted.

Electrical/Entertainment: A McIntosh 6-stack radio/CD/DVD player is installed and connected to both the in-seat screens and a front-mounted 107cm fold-away LCD tv. There are 24 McIntosh kevlar-cone speakers fitted (one per register). All interior lighting is high-intensity LED, with blue LED lights in the overhead racks, along the floor in the vinyl/carpet join and underneath the seats for night cruising. Reading lights are operated from the seat armrest. There is also WiFi internet (technology is available now). There is a full reversing system fitted with side and rear cameras as well as sensors. There is also a GPS system that can display the location on the in-seat screens, as well as a road cam.

Yes, a man certainly is allowed to dream. Starting from just $799,990 + GST.

Daz.
Is this available in a 10.5m version??
Express - Set Down Only.
Joined the 1000 club 8/7/11
Bus models - stevesmodelbuses@yahoo.com

'I Did Double Decker Day 1'
Daz

Post by Daz »

BUSTECH Rules wrote:Is this available in a 10.5m version??
Yeah sure changes as follow:
Originally I wrote:Chassis: MAN 24-480 Lion HOLCN
Engine: MAN D2676 480hp 12.7L straight six with 2,300nm torque at 1000-1450rpm, with EGR to meet Euro 5 emission targets
Chassis: MAN 14.290 Lion HOLC
Engine: MAN D0836 290hp 6.9L with 1,100nm torque at 1100-1800rpm, with SCR to meet Euro 5 emission targets.
Transmission: ZF 6HP 504 6sp auto
Suspension: I-Beam rigid axle to the steer, full ECAS with raise and kneel.
Drive: Man Hypoid with 4.56 final (1640rpm at 100km/h, max 122km/h)
Brakes: Full service disk brakes with ASM and ABS, Auxillary Exhaust Brake.

Deck height is reduced to 1600mm, a/c goes back on the roof, dunny is optional; 43 seats with or 40 without.

Daz.
newcastle man 2

And last but not least I had to do a Double Decker.

Chassis: MAN ND323 Twin Axle only, no tag axle.
Length: 10.9 metres.
Front Overhang: 2.78 metres.
Rear Overhang: 3.33 metres.
Wheel Base: 4.79 metres.

Mechanical:
Engine: D2066 LUH 42, 10.5 Litre, 235 Kw (320hp) and 1600 Nm. EGR system to EEV specification.
Gearbox: Voith DIWA D864.5, 4 speed automatic with integrated retarder. ANS disabled.
Rear axle: MAN HONP-13100 planetary hub reduction. 5.74:1 Ratio. 13 tonne capacity.
Front Axle: MAN VOK-07-B. 7.2 tonne capacity.

Body: Volgren CR228LD. Rubber mounted windows, with covering plate as per STA Specification. Front and Centre dpuble width glide away SMC Doors. ThermoKing mounted vertically above engine bay, as per Hong Kong deckers. Twin wheelchair bays with 4 facing seats each. Seats 29 downstairs (or 21 and two wheelchairs) and 38 upstairs, 22 standing downstairs only. Single staircase behind driver.

Electronics:Thoreb Multiplex system with Lamp Check feature enabled for drivers and Diagnostics for maintenance staff. Mobitec Dot Matrix destination signs (MOT spec), digital video system (STA spec) with cameras for upstairs supervision and reversing, Stop Bell as opposed to buzzer. Jump start plug in hatch below drivers window. Sensors mounted on roof to detect low obstacles and alert driver.

Driver RelatedISRI 6500/517 air suspension seat with head restraint and lap seat belt. Electric mirrors on collapsable arms (STA spec), Floor mounted pedals for brake and accelerator (as per Volvo B12BLE and older buses). Bosch key, same as older Mercedes Buses (key compatible with O405 and O405NH buses) Along with starter switch set up so key can be removed whilst engine running to enable driver changeovers without stopping engine. Indicator stalk on right hand sid of wheel. If Kneeling button depressed, bus automatically kneels when doors open and raises back to normal when doors closed. Custom column shifter for gearbox selection (123DNR). Booster fan for drivers cabin.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

Chassis: if i'm paying for it whatever is cheapest to run whilst still being capable of reasonable acceleration and speed...

Body: Custom Coaches CB60 Hybrid with as big a luggage bin as is possible...
Extras: No real preference of A/C, as long as it works all the time-in other words i want it to be 45 degrees outside and 20 inside the bus, I would also have hoppers on all windows and 3 roof hatches. Seats would be McConnell Educators, with above average seat pitch to maximise legroom. Inside would be TV screens mounted to provide real time news and weather broadcasts or show DVD's depending on usage* at the time. Windows would also be tinted very dark. Lighting would be soft and warm not the harsh white things we have today and the bus would be devoid of any grab straps-no standees. Also there would be no obvious anti graffiti features such as metal pannelling etc. Passengers should feel as if they are in a car, not having to catch the bus because they have to...

* The buses would be used to go into opposition to the established bus companies-offering express prebooked buses to the main buisness areas and also direct to the Airport Charter work would also be taken on-however we would be picky about who we accept [school charters would have allocated seating-any vandalisim and we will know who did it...]
Daz

Post by Daz »

Hey Albatross, that sounds fairly similar to the new Southern Cross CB60H's, or the new Mt Gravatt ones for that matter.

Daz.
PoweredByCNG

Post by PoweredByCNG »

For those who are specifying Voiths, please be aware that they can only handle 1400Nm of torque maximum.

Regards,
Dave
newcastle man 2

In the spec sheets it says that the D864.5 can handle upto 1600 Nm (1700 in special cases) and the next model the D884.5 can handle in the vacinity of 1900 Nm.
Coca Cola

Post by Coca Cola »

dazisstillback wrote:Hey Albatross, that sounds fairly similar to the new Southern Cross CB60H's, or the new Mt Gravatt ones for that matter.

Daz.
Daz. Are you talking about Southern Cross Transit in Queensland?
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Windy wrote:
These remarkable beasts are from Canada. The ZF gearboxed units live in Edmonton, Alberta. There's around 30-40 of them. The Allison units were specced like this from new in Victoria, British Columbia, and the Allison retrofits (from ZF) reside in Calgary, Alberta.
Trust the Canadians to come up with that!They have been doing some amazing mixes for decades.One classic was 1950s American style transit buses fitted with imported AEC engines for their more sensible fuel economy over America's thirstier transit bus engines at the time.
Looks like the GM fishbowls used in Edmonton untile recently have a worthy replacement!
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

My bus of choice - Volvo B9R Euro IV Coach:

Chassis: Volvo B9R 2 axle Coach
Engine: D9B 340 with SCR exhaust aftertreatment system, 40 litre AdBlue tank
Gearbox: Volvo I-Shift AT2412C automated manual transmission with Tourist and Charter package
Suspension: 2 bag front and 4 bag rear airbag suspension with 4 levelling valves, 2 on each axle
Body: Coach Concepts
Seats: 60 McConnell velour recliners with three point seatbelts in the saloon, Isri 6860 driver's seat with integrated three point seatbelt
Tyres & Rims: 10-stud steel disc wheels, aluminium as an option. Optional zinc wheelnut protectors. Dual driving axle wheels. Extra spare wheel, tool kit, warning triangle, 2 wheelchocks. Rims: 8.25”x22.5”; Tyres: 295/80R22.5
Brakes: Disc brakes combined with electronic braking system EBS5. EBS standard package: ABS, lining wear sensing, lining wear control, brake blending, differential lock synchro, brake temperature warning, EBD (External Brake Demand), diagnosis via SAEJ1587, traction control.
Airconditioning: ThermoKing LRT
Toilet: Cassette when needed - removed when not needed
Sound System: Clarion 10 disc CD stacker, Clarion DVD player, Sanyo 34cm portable TV, Blaupunkt speakers in saloon, one flip down DVD screen half way up coach on each side, full set of wireless noise-cancelling headphones (so the others can still watch DVD's if people want to sleep while on the bus)
Other: Internal luggage racks with 2 reading lights and 2 A/C outlets in each seat, 1200W 12V/24V/240V inverter, Ringfeder and crossmember for safari trailer, UHF and VHF radios, bullbar, long-range fuel tanks, HID driving lights, fog lights, radio controls on the steering wheel, individual footrests on the back of the seats, security camera (if I am gonna spend close to a million bucks on a bus, I want it to be kept safe).

Joe
Last edited by huppypuppy on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
Coca Cola

Post by Coca Cola »

huppypuppy wrote:Volvo I-Shift AT2412C automated manual ttansmission with Tourist and Charter package
What the hell is the "Tourism and Charter" package on a transmission?

Return to “General Transport Discussion”