Jacobi, Strathpine, Qld.

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Car177

Jacobi, Strathpine, Qld.

Post by Car177 »

Ewan Jacobi started with a school bus at Toogoolawah, the bus was ex Redline 11 a Commer with Watts body.
Ewan sold out to Leon Thoms, the Commer was still parked at Thom's in the 80's.
At Strathpine Ewan operated from a block of land and house adjacent to the Strathpine Station, the property is now part of the station's parking area.
Ewan sold out to Laurie Fisher's Pine Rivers Coaches who in turn sold out to Thompson's.
The Scenicruiser went to PRC then became a caravan.
The Deutz Saturn had previously seen service at the Marist College,Ashgrove and before that Cribb Island Bus Service/ Red and White Coaches 5.
The Clipper OBH.544 I believe was sold for restoration.
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Re: Jacobi, Strathpine, Qld.

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Love the last pic. Is that the same bus in the previous pics? Great photos (as usual) Thanks again Neil
Car177

Post by Car177 »

If you mean the bus that got scrapped no it isn't it was NOU.xxx that was being scrapped, this one is NNJ.991 at a much later date.
Looselion
Favourite Vehicle: 3 1/2 window Flxible Clipper

Post by Looselion »

Car177 wrote:Ewan Jacobi started with a school bus at Toogoolawah, the bus was ex Redline 11 a Commer with Watts body.
Ewan sold out to Leon Thoms, the Commer was still parked at Thom's in the 80's.
At Strathpine Ewan operated from a block of land and house adjacent to the Strathpine Station, the property is now part of the station's parking area.
Ewan sold out to Laurie Fisher's Pine Rivers Coaches who in turn sold out to Thompson's.
The Scenicruiser went to PRC then became a caravan.
The Deutz Saturn had previously seen service at the Marist College,Ashgrove and before that Cribb Island Bus Service/ Red and White Coaches 5.
The Clipper OBH.544 I believe was sold for restoration.
Hi Car177....

I realise this is an older thread, but I'm hoping in view of your knowledge of the history of ex-Redline No 11 with Jacobi and then to Thoms, you may be able to fill in any prior gap/s in the historical timeline of this vehicle.....
Are you aware of the first purchaser from Redline, and of any other changes of ownership before she went into Jacobi's hands....?
Many thanks....

******* I've just answered my own question - I've found a record of Redline No 11 going to Gaskie at Aratula after Redline and before Jacobi... ********

I'm now wondering if this is the total extent of the ownership history?

Just an additional note, as I've been loitering around sites and posts regarding this particular (very historic) coach, she's regularly recorded as being registered NDA-360 which is incorrect. This should read NDA-060.

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”