The changing costumes of a Hybrid

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Craig

The changing costumes of a Hybrid

Post by Craig »

The changing costumes of Grenda / Ventura #287 (Iveco Metro Hybrid, Volgren)

The original outfit, SmartBus colours for use on Route 900 (Caulfield - Stud Park) seen at Oakleigh on a wet afternoon in July 2009 when brand new. (some better photos from Bradley here - http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 98&start=0)

After failed tests on the limited stops 900, it was decided to move the bus to the stop-start 828, where it will make better use of its regenerative technology. It first emerged in Grenda livery in November 2009. Seen here in April 2012 at Merinda Park.

And this week 's latest transformation, it now wears PTV livery, minus the special hybrid decals, seen this morning departing Glen Waverley.

I will update this thread when I have time with a shot from it's trial at North Fitzroy depot as #2870.

Kind Regards

Craig :-)
Last edited by Craig on Fri May 22, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stadt80

Re: The changing costumes of a Hybrid

Post by stadt80 »

Whatever happened to the Designline Hybrid?
maxy54

Post by maxy54 »

stadt80 wrote:Whatever happened to the Designline Hybrid?
Went to Transdev, however I don't think it's moved a muscle since the takeover due to it being very unreliable
msheldrick
Favourite Vehicle: Panorama Bus 5 (CB60 EvoII)

Post by msheldrick »

maxy54 wrote:
stadt80 wrote:Whatever happened to the Designline Hybrid?
Went to Transdev, however I don't think it's moved a muscle since the takeover due to it being very unreliable
Transdev got it going for a bit after the takeover, running 200/1/3/7's and the occasional 305, I think it's currently being stored way up the back of North Fitzroy depot
ABS

Post by ABS »

Is hybrid technology so mainstream now that we don't need to even mention it on the livery? </sarcasm>
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

Is hybrid technology so mainstream now that we don't need to even mention it on the livery?
Given the many derogatory comments on how well it works, maybe it's more a case of "Move along, nothing to see here..."
ajw373

Post by ajw373 »

ABS wrote:Is hybrid technology so mainstream now that we don't need to even mention it on the livery? </sarcasm>
Noting your sarcasm, clearly O/S hybrid is very main stream, but here it has me buggered why it isn't.
dex
Favourite Vehicle: a bus

Post by dex »

It turned up at our Depot for the bus expo a few years ago in Ventura blue. Looked pretty nice!
My daily cruiser is a two-door turbo merc.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Think you mean this one, now in storage with Transdev.

Ventura struggled to keep it running after Designline's financial issues and staff moving on.

Transdev got it running again around the time of the takeover, but like 4D double decker train, didn't last a month...

Kind Regards

Craig :-)
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

What is wrong with the Designline hybrid? Was it just a quick manufacture during Designline's financial woes or is it just mechanically screwed?

Thanks,
Mitchul [;
V981
Favourite Vehicle: Anything Volvo

Post by V981 »

In regards to Ventura 287, I believe the general consensus is that the Volvo B7RLE vehicles generally use less fuel anyway than even the Hybrid, pretty much making a mockery of the Hybrid program in large commercial vehicles.
The views expressed by me are mine and mine only. They do not neccesarily fall in line with the views of my friends, family, collegues or my employer.
B7RLE
Favourite Vehicle: VOLVO B7RLE

Post by B7RLE »

Yes, The Volvo B7RLE is more reliable than the hybrid. It quiet often throws tantrums and refuses to do any thing
Proud Owner of a Volvo B10M mk 2 Volgren and a Scania L113CRB Volgren
V981
Favourite Vehicle: Anything Volvo

Post by V981 »

B7RLE wrote:Yes, The Volvo B7RLE is more reliable than the hybrid. It quiet often throws tantrums and refuses to do any thing
Was just looking at these photos again B7RLE. Say, in the second last photo of 287 in the original post, is that somebody you might know quite well in the drivers seat offering a very enthusiastic peace sign? :lol:
The views expressed by me are mine and mine only. They do not neccesarily fall in line with the views of my friends, family, collegues or my employer.

Return to “Photos - Melbourne/Vic”