About bloody time! :)
crimsontide

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Post by crimsontide »

All I can say is I hope they didn't pay the web designer. :shock:
CityRail

Post by CityRail »

The new website is easy to use and browse. Well done! However, I am aware that simply shows a "Sydney Centric" approach to public transport as transport status is much more in detail in Sydney area than in Newcastle, Blue Mountains and Wollongong.
Bodysurfer

Post by Bodysurfer »

The trip planner is a big improvement.
gtc

Post by gtc »

I can't find the pdf versions of the Sydney Ferry timetables on the new site. Anyone found them?
gtc
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

A timetable is now available for the light rail.

I have a problem so far trying to get a timetable for Dions routes 1 and 4 ie route numbers with a single digit. However I can get their routes 1U and 4U.

Also can get their route 9.

Also dont know how to look up the train replacement bus services at this stage. Or the routes to Olympic Park.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

gtc wrote:I can't find the pdf versions of the Sydney Ferry timetables on the new site. Anyone found them?
Cant find them either.
Living in the Shire.
Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

Create your own pdf timetable using this link I use this all the time it saves using the printer.
www.nitropdf.com/‎
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

kypros1992 wrote:131500 has finally been buried

http://www.transportnsw.info/
131500 has not been buried as yet. The new site is on trial only until they sort out feedback problems such as the single digit route numbers, etc of which I have advised them formally.
Living in the Shire.
Simes
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Simes »

Will they be keeping the 131500 number?
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

They will keep that phone number - no need to get rid of that to be replaced by some other similar number.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:
Also dont know how to look up the train replacement bus services at this stage. Or the routes to Olympic Park.
I have found the rail replacement services. And the Olympic Park routes need to be input with an SOP suffix.

For both rail and Olympic Park services a nice new feature is that you just input the route number and then it tells you there may not be any services on that day but gives you the option to display the timetable for the first day such a route does operate.

And if there are none it also tells you so instead of giving you the option for the first day.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

CityRail wrote:The new website is easy to use and browse. Well done! However, I am aware that simply shows a "Sydney Centric" approach to public transport as transport status is much more in detail in Sydney area than in Newcastle, Blue Mountains and Wollongong.
In what way? It covers all areas.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Bodysurfer wrote:The trip planner is a big improvement.
I agree except that it is no longer possible to input the stop number as either starting point or destination which I have used frequently. But I will find a way around that.
Living in the Shire.
CityRail

Post by CityRail »

Fleet Lists wrote: In what way? It covers all areas.
If you look at the service status, it is not hard to note that all Sydney Lines separately listed whilst all NSW Trains services are just groupped into one big "Intercity Trains" category. Frankly adding 4 lines to list all the Intercity lines out will not take too many of the space on the site.

And if there's a trackwork, it only shows "1 Alert". I think they should clearly list what the alert is for. (Delays/Major Delays/Partial Closure/Trackwork)
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

That's because "Back Flip Barry" is getting ready to privatise the railways, and eventually all public transport.

That's just one reason CityRail (the rail CityRail, not you CityRail of course!) was broken up into Sydney Trains & NSW TrainLink, to get ready for the privatisation of all NSW train services.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
simonl

Post by simonl »

Fleet Lists wrote:
Bodysurfer wrote:The trip planner is a big improvement.
I agree except that it is no longer possible to input the stop number as either starting point or destination which I have used frequently. But I will find a way around that.
That's a pretty retrograde step.
Stu

Post by Stu »

There are no transport interchange maps on the new website (there used to be on the former version), maybe they are being created at the moment and will be uploaded at another date.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

They had disappeared off the old website about 6 months ago. If you knew the link to them you could still access them but there was no longer a link to them on 131500 itself.
In fact I raised that as an issue with the on 1st June so only a few days before that is 6 months old.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Ran into a problem today with some timetables where the stops in the timetable are not shown just once but are repeated if the trips start at different places so that you have to look at different lines for the stop depending on where the trip starts.

I have advised them by phone and were very co-operative in listening to what the problem is. I am forwarding them the information by email together with some screen dumps.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

simonl wrote:
Fleet Lists wrote: I agree except that it is no longer possible to input the stop number as either starting point or destination which I have used frequently. But I will find a way around that.
That's a pretty retrograde step.
I spoke with them on the phone today about this and they are looking for any such feedback which I will certainly be giving to them. So anyone else please also send feedback to them on issues like this.
Living in the Shire.
howlerbus
Favourite Vehicle: Diesel Buses

Post by howlerbus »

Fleet Lists wrote:They had disappeared off the old website about 6 months ago. If you knew the link to them you could still access them but there was no longer a link to them on 131500 itself.
In fact I raised that as an issue with the on 1st June so only a few days before that is 6 months old.
They are here http://www.131500.com.au/maps/interchange-guide/ but probably not up to date...
You got a real flash bus, but my one's flash one, eh
And I believe that my one's faster than yours, Mr Bond
'Cause mine's a red one'
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Yes that was the link I had. But as you say they are NOT up to date and have not been updated for some time and hence considered obsolete as far as the new website is concerned.
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Fleet Lists wrote:They had disappeared off the old website about 6 months ago. If you knew the link to them you could still access them but there was no longer a link to them on 131500 itself.
I was able to access those interchange maps on the old website only just two weeks ago both from the home and work computers respectively. I downloaded a number of those maps in September for work purposes so I'm glad I did that.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”