Future of the board

News and comments about this board.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Future of the board

Post by Fleet Lists »

Average of 27.65 for August. For the first and a bit weeks we averaged well over 30 - even did well while we had the slow down problem but things have slowed right down during the past week.
So we finished up below the last two months.
Living in the Shire.
Frances

Post by Frances »

That's less than one per day. Not many new subjects either, it seems. At least there is still a reasonable amount of activity.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

No 27.65 posts per day.
Living in the Shire.
Frances

Post by Frances »

Oh, my mistake. That makes more sense.

Maths was never my strong point.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

While I love maths.
Living in the Shire.
moa999

Post by moa999 »

Not a big poster.. but I typically follow along some threads of interest using Tapatalk.

But as some may have seen there has been a little shakeup in Tapatalk recently with the original team buying back the platform from private equity,

And 100s of forums aligned with VerticalScope shifting to its new Fora app and off Tapatalk.

Not sure whether that might cause a further drop or not.
Frances

Post by Frances »

I keep getting bombarded with pop-up advertisements telling me I should download and use Tapatalk whenever I use my mobile phone to access the forum. It's so annoying I don't want to try it.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Frances wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:03 am I keep getting bombarded with pop-up advertisements telling me I should download and use Tapatalk whenever I use my mobile phone to access the forum. It's so annoying I don't want to try it.
it's called App Store advertising where Apple or google would point you to their app purchasing platform if they have a app option for a site that your looking at if you are using the phones internet browser Safari does this a lot when there's a app available on the Apple App Store goggle would do something similar when it comes to pointing android uses to the play store if there's a app available for certain websites
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:56 pm it's called App Store advertising where Apple or google would point you to their app purchasing platform if they have a app option for a site that your looking at if you are using the phones internet browser Safari does this a lot when there's a app available on the Apple App Store goggle would do something similar when it comes to pointing android uses to the play store if there's a app available for certain websites
I've had the same issue as the other member has pointed out on IOS when viewing the forum via Safari and yes, It's really frustrating but does the forum have any control over it? Well that part I am uncertain on since I don't have much technological experience in running a discussion board and whether they have the ability to disable I am big on feedback so I'll say it anyway.

In my experience on the occasional chance I'll visit the forum on mobile and before I can load my first thread I'm automatically redirected to the taptalk page but it then goes with something like "failed to log in or load taptalk". You then have to back out to the previous page you were just on before you were auto-redirected. This is something I'd like to add that doesn't make for a pleasant user experience, no one likes being auto redirected away without their consent. If you walked into Coles or Woolworths and before you could even look at one item they bombarded you with advertisements you'd be very fed up.

This isn't your run of the mill banner ad that appears on the sidebar or middle of the screen, it's literally an automatic redirection, there is no way you can say that this it isn't a problem. If someone wanted to log in or use taptalk they certainly would but I think the boards user numbers are way too small for anyone to even think about considering it so might be best if they can look into doing something about the redirection?
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:41 pm Average of 27.65 for August. For the first and a bit weeks we averaged well over 30 - even did well while we had the slow down problem but things have slowed right down during the past week.
So we finished up below the last two months.
Average of 30.10 for September. We seem to be holding our own for the past few months.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

October has come to an end starting the first week with an average of about 40 but it has been down hill ever since, finishing with an average for the month of 23.03, the lowest since August 2022.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another month gone finishing with a daily average 0f 23.17 very much like last month but no particular daily pattern with a couple of days in the forties and a couple of days with less than 10.

Looking forward to see what the Christmas month will bring.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Not only the end of a month but also the end of the financial year in a few hours time but our counts stop at 4pm to allow the results before the night starts.

The month started slow but then built up to an average of about 30 but has been slow since Christmas with the average of the month dropping back to 24.32.

Looking forward to a good New Year.
Living in the Shire.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

At least we got Eddy to keep the numbers up LOL
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

An average of 20.46 for the month of January with the last week being very pour averaging only 6.5 for the last 4 days.

Even Eddie seems to have quietened right down
Living in the Shire.
Frances

Post by Frances »

I had better post a bit more then.......
Campbelltown busboy

The recent passing of Fleet Lists could affect the future this board as he was the one maintaining the board along with updating the fleet lists whenever he could
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:27 am The recent passing of Fleet Lists
He passed away? :(
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Campbelltown busboy

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:26 pm
Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:27 am The recent passing of Fleet Lists
I understand that and who will maintain everything now
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

https://busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93222
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:31 pm
I understand that and who will maintain everything now
Time will tell as always in due course. It also depends if anyone has the resources and knowledge to maintain the backend of the board.

I don't think Fleet-lists would want all he has done & created not only for himself but for us & the wider enthuistist community to vanish simply because he is unfortunately no longer among us, that's my opinion. However the sad reality is realistically if no one can dedicate their time or resources, it may be the end?

Now that I am up to date on the recent news of Fleet-lists recent passing, I think the best we can do is offer our condolences & give Fleet-lists family some privacy, also the admins some time to take this in if their not aware & figure something out. They'll comment when the time is
appropriate.
Campbelltown busboy

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:22 pm
Campbelltown busboy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:31 pm I understand that and who will maintain everything now
Time will tell as always in due course. It also depends if anyone has the resources and knowledge to maintain the backend of the board.

I don't think Fleet-lists would want all he has done & created not only for himself but for us & the wider enthuistist community to vanish simply because he is unfortunately no longer among us, that's my opinion. However the sad reality is realistically if no one can dedicate their time or resources, it may be the end?

Now that I am up to date on the recent news of Fleet-lists recent passing, I think the best we can do is offer our condolences & give Fleet-lists family some privacy, also the admins some time to take this in if their not aware & figure something out. They'll comment when the time is
appropriate.
This could be the end of the busaustralia.com website as a whole if nobody maintains the site as this board isn't possable without the busaustralia website
Frances

Post by Frances »

Everything seems to have gone very quiet lately. Not a good sign.
Ben O

Post by Ben O »

Lourie (aka Fleetlists on ATDB) contributed greatly to the site as a whole, however was not the sole contributor and owner of the website. In fact, there is a team of dedicated individuals across Australia who maintain the Bus Australia website and fleetlists page. Lourie actually stepped back from updating the fleetlists in 2008, from which point moderators were appointed for each individual state. Lourie worked behind the scenes to update & improve the database facility.

Return to “News & Administration”