Information needed

Moderator: PRT 065

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Herc

Information needed

Post by Herc »

Hi guys, I'm after any information on this coach. I purchased it in 2015 and have been living in it full time since. I would like to know it's origin, history (I know a little), where it was built and basically anything about it at all. A bloke told me quite a while ago that his father used to drive it and he would get me some info but he never got back to me. It seems it's a rare and possibly one of a kind build and was apparently in a magazine in the 70's because of it's uniqueness. It was apparently written up as "The most luxurious coach of it's time" in the magazine, although I cannot find ANY information on it.
The basics:
It's a 1976 Hino Aerocoach, trideck, 6v53 Detroit, 5 speed Allison Auto, Two engines (4 cyl diesel in the rear for a/c), has a tag axle, was at one stage run by Australian Historic Tours, used to be green/white, 80% of the body is stainless steel. That's about all I can tell you about the original however it's now converted into a motorhome.
Attachments
IMG_9095.JPG
Hino-Motor-Home-Bus.jpg
Hino-Motor-Home-Bus.jpg (64.2 KiB) Viewed 1745 times

Return to “Photos - Brisbane/Qld”