1986 austral tourmaster k112

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
cxccreations

1986 austral tourmaster k112

Post by cxccreations »

Hi to all I have owned my 1986, k112 austral Tourmaster for some 5 years now and love her till death do us part. have been looking for a manual for her since I got her. but to date have not found one. she has a fully re-built denning 13.9-liter engine and 10 speed crash box in her and runs like a dream. have a slight issue with the clutch thou, she won't disengage the clutch when clutch pedal is applied. On the occasions I have had to move her, I have had to build up air and switch off motor and put her into gear and start her in gear. not ideal I know but it's the only way I can get her rolling at first. Then have had to drive her by rev matching the gears, whilst this works would love to know if it's the clutch pedal or gear box that has the issue so I can fix her once and for all. A bit about her I guess wouldn't hurt. I've striped out all but the front seats on the passenger's side and drivers side and have used the 5 seats from the rear to create a lounge seating area length wise behind the front driver's side seats. I have fitted her with a full-sized house bathtub and house sized toilet and 7kg washing machine in the bathroom on the driver's side of the bus. And have super king-sized bed in the master bedroom where the back seats were, And king single in the second bedroom. Also have fitted a dish washer and full-sized fridge and cabinets on the passenger's side of the bus, I know it sounds like a lot in a bus, yet I have made it all work, fit, and still have the space to move from the front of the bus to the back with no issues, I have modified the coach air. air ducks as I'm 6ft 4incs tall. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated. Would love to find a workshop manual for her. She was originally built for greyhound Australia, She was number 51 in their fleet, She was an official's bus twice for the Sydney city to surf after greyhound sold her, And the company I got her from only had her for 1 yr. Till there driver drove her into the back of a skip bin truck in Sydney, I have lovingly repaired the damage to the front end and plan to drive her around oz for my retirement but atm I call her home. Many thanks for any thoughts or ideas where I could find a workshop manual.
CherCantwell

Re: 1986 austral tourmaster k112

Post by CherCantwell »

Can I see the picture? Thanks :)
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

CONTACT ME I NEED TO NOW WHAT MOTOR AND MAKE
GUY ARAB
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

A bit odd, K112 is like a Scania designation. but that engine was only 11.7 litre, and Greyhound wouldn't have specified that.

Being an Austral it is more likely to have a Detroit diesel of some type. The Series 60 engine was increased to "14 litres" from 2001, so perhaps it now has one of these?

As for the clutch, it may be worn out, or the linkages or clutch brake may need adjustment. It will be trial and error if you try to sort it yourself. If it is hydraulic operated clutch the cylinders may need overhaul.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Guy_Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

contact me about scania engines i have all the scania engines in a manual
GUY ARAB
RJGT

Post by RJGT »

Guy_Arab wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:51 am contact me about scania engines i have all the scania engines in a manual
GUY ARAB
Hi, I am a new member in Auckland, NZ. I have a K112 TR PMC motorhome, ex Adelaide. I'm having trouble with the 10 speed CAG. Access to manuals and info would be much appreciated! Also anyone on here who has a similar vehicle who could provide some assistance would be great.
Thanks, Rich
Guy_Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

I RECEIVED YOUR PRIVATE EMAIL BECAUSE YOU ARE IN NEW ZEALAND I NEED YOUR REPLY
GUY ARAB
Guy_Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

MY EMAIL IS BANK DETAIL