Ansett Pioneer Day Tours

Moderator: PRT 065

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Breezier

Ansett Pioneer Day Tours

Post by Breezier »

Hi I am looking for any photos or info on a bus services my Grand father use to operate.
The story (as far as I know) was in 1979-1980 my grandfather Con Gardner, bought to the Gold Coast a franchise of Ansett Pioneer from Victoria to the Gold Coast and started Ansett Pioneer Day Tours. He bought to the Gold Coast 1 bus from there fleet which was a 4106 series GM Coach, I know it as the 650. From there it grew to airport transfer, day tours and theme park transfers the main depot was at Surfers Paradise, but there was counters at Coolangatta airport and Sanctuary Cove.
Any information or photos in regards to this would be fantastic.
Thank you
Doc68
Favourite Vehicle: Technics sl1200

Re: Ansett Pioneer Day Tours

Post by Doc68 »

& possibly some info on my half brother Stan Craft who drove for pioneer & ran the sea-breeze motel a changeover & driver accommodation motel in Surfers Paradise Late 60's early 70's would be great (admin delete or move if not relating to post)
'GM 2strokes, still the most efficient engine ever developed for converting fuel into noise'.
Food has replaced sex in my life now I can't even get into my own pants
Flaherty

Post by Flaherty »

I shared an Ansett Pioneer office in Melbourne with Con for a number of years where he was looking after I think the coach captains Australia wide (i think), Is Con still in the Gold coast ?? A Top bloke !!
85denning

Post by 85denning »

Hey Breezier,

CL & GJ Gardiner t/as Ansett Pioneer Tours I think was written on the side of the coaches. Their office and parking bays were in the Paradise Centre behind the waterslide off Hanlan Street. They had:
2 x GM PD4106 in the white blue red Ansett Day Tours livery
1 x GM PD4107 step deck in a white and silver modernised livery (for the 80's)
Ford Airporter in the old white red and black Ansett style livery.
Then the purchased a 1977 or 78 Denning Mono ex Cavanagh's Kempsey MO-093 registered it as 313-POQ (circa 1986), painted in silver and white (with chrome siding) which is now a motorhome, following a stint at another QLD operator who added a purple purple stripe, Deacons.

There's a pic of 313-POQ at Deacons on The Denning Appreciation Society page on Facebook. Just search the rego no.

Cheers

Return to “Photos - Brisbane/Qld”