Once upon a time......... a mixed bag of photos.

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Centralian

Once upon a time......... a mixed bag of photos.

Post by Centralian »

Here's a small selection of images from my collection. Some I've posted ages ago (perhaps a new audience now),
others a first posting on here.

Start off with former Dural Buslines mo5320, a Freighter Lawton Commer monobus. Photo taken at their depot:

https://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/di ... ?pid=20340

Keiraville Bus Service mo 6240. Leyland Panther Cub with Park Royal body of 1965.
(no, not my Torana, but perfectly lined up for a photo that had to be taken).

https://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/di ... ?pid=20344

Stone Bros of Auburn mo 036. An AEC Regal 111 with Charles Hope body ex MTT Adelaide.

https://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/di ... ?pid=20348

Folpp of Blayney MO 1001, an MCI MC7 formely #804 with Ansett Pioneer. Not the best quality, but eh !

https://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/di ... ?pid=20352

Batterhams of Cessnock MO 5709 AEC Merlin, with MCW body of 1968 build.

https://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/di ... ?pid=20356

Australian Sightseeing TV 566 Mercedes Benz 0302 with Manheim body. Captured at Circular Quay.
I'm a little vague on memory but I think this brand was still in Deanes ownership.
That's my set of wheels of the time behind the coach.

https://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/di ... ?pid=20360

McVicars of Lidcombe mo 4995, an AEC Regal 111 with a Coachmaster rebody of 1967.

https://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/di ... ?pid=20370
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
Red and Cream

Re: Once upon a time......... a mixed bag of photos.

Post by Red and Cream »

Good to see some of your past photos again centralian, certainly some vintage ironwork there.
The photo of the McVicar AEC m/o 4995 is interesting as it is a 1967 Coachmaster body on an earlier chassis purchased from the Hardie Brake company where the chassis was used as a test bed for Hardies brake products,
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The first photo also appeared in viewtopic.php?p=254153#p254153 where some information is given about the bus in the background.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

And the Merlin also appeared in viewtopic.php?p=276294&hilit=5709#p276294 back in 2007 which also supplied some extra information.
Living in the Shire.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Think I'll have to come up with some new photos. I still have boxes and boxes of bus slides that I've never scanned from the late '70's and the '80's.
Time will catch up so I'd better pull my finger out or they'll be lost. Stay tuned !
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
Red and Cream

Post by Red and Cream »

Centralian wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:05 am Think I'll have to come up with some new photos. I still have boxes and boxes of bus slides that I've never scanned from the late '70's and the '80's.
Time will catch up so I'd better pull my finger out or they'll be lost. Stay tuned !
You are certain to pull out a few gems from there Centralian :wink: :wink: :wink:
Davidluke

Post by Davidluke »

Hi Centralian

My name is David and my partners grandfather is allen Blythe of blytheway buslines. Could you pm me or email me djltechservices@gmail.com I'd love to ask about your photos of Blythe buses and I am trying to locate one to restore and have back in the family
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Centralian wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:05 am Think I'll have to come up with some new photos. I still have boxes and boxes of bus slides that I've never scanned from the late '70's and the '80's.
This is believed to have been Centralian's last contribution. He has since passed away.
Living in the Shire.
Red and Cream

Post by Red and Cream »

Fleet Lists wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:31 pm
This is believed to have been Centralian's last contribution. He has since passed away.
I have only come across this post yesterday regarding the passing of centralian as i have been without a computer for a couple of months since my last one carked it. I am extremely saddened by this news as Stefan was a great guy as well as a knowledgeable transport historian with his well known posts of photos and subjects to this board. I have known Stefan for a number of years and in our chats about buses the buses of Palmers Bus Service of Blacktown always cropped up so as a nod to him i would like to put up these two photos of those buses as my memory of him. They would not look out of place in this post he started in December 2021.

B384-PALMER-4057.jpg
Syd Wood Bedford m/o 4057 at Blacktown Station.

268.jpg

Syd Wood Albion Nimbus m/o 4268. Originally built for Bowdens Bus Service of Tamarama in 1956 as m/o 841 it was one of a pair of similar vehicles the other being m/o 842. Bowden retained the plates 841 and 842 and the two Nimbus were sold in about 1959 to Kogarah Bus Service as m/o 4268 and m/o 4272 with Bowden using the plate m/o 841 on a new Syd Wood bodied Thornycroft, not sure what happened to the m/o 842 plate as i don't have a further registration with it. After Kogarah they were sold on to Palmers Bus Service being there until 1966 when then they were sold on again. When built they were underfloor engined but during their life they were converted to a forward engine set up.

Vale Stefan Indyka
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

He will be sadly missed..........................REST IN PEACE!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
lunchbox
Favourite Vehicle: Bicycle - no waiting - on time

Post by lunchbox »

Great photos....keep 'em coming....

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”