TRAX MODELS STILL AFTER!

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

TRAX MODELS STILL AFTER!

Post by captainch »

STILL WANTING A OLYMPIC MODEL BUS GIVEN TO DRIVERS THANKS P.M BE MOST GRATEFULL.
Last edited by captainch on Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: TRAX MODELS STILL AFTER!

Post by Swift »

You mean the one that sold out quickly? I wanted one because I have early childhood memories of seeing mark 2s lined up by the Anzac memorial near the Ryde Civic Centre when arriving on the other side of Devlin St on the route 89 from Eastwood.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
User37800

Post by User37800 »

yes they didn't make many I was working at ryde depot at the time got a order for 50 from the guys called them up they had all gone and wouldn't do another run! I had one but lost them in the floods in townsville !
Swift

Post by Swift »

Plainly, they underestimated their popularity and had a peculiar aversion to making money!
Yet they made some really weird choices for other models that ended up selling really slow.
Pity they didn't get their mark II Leopard model into production before they folded. It would have sold up a storm and hopefully they would have learnt from their Mark II Mercedes mistake.
captainch

Post by captainch »

THE GUY who took over at trax had made a model of a mk2 leopard show a protype on the site but sad he passed away! they only made a few of the ryde dept route 510 but made hundreds of the L20 parramatta merc which they couldn't give away the most popular model they made less the others to many thats why they came undone!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
History1

Post by History1 »

I am located in Brisbane and have TRUX model TX19 the Ryde Depot route 510 for sale. The fleet number 1951 gives it away as the prototype.
Remember seeing the real one in service on Victoria Rd many times.
I also have AUBUS 0001 Limited Edition (1291) Mercedes Benz 0405NH route 380 fleet number 1275. This one also seems to be in short supply as I have seen it for sale at $200.
Also have a number of other Sydney TRUX models which I will be disposing of soon. All including the above are in boxes.
captainch

Post by captainch »

HAVE sent you 3 e-mails no reply!
Swift

Post by Swift »

Welcome to the world of transport enthusiasts. No answer is a common theme.
captainch

Post by captainch »

SWIFT a trurer words have never been said!
Ray

Post by Ray »

You can get pretty much the whole Trux catalogue on Ebay - someone's just put up a Mk 3 for $110. Can't see the Mk 2 but my guess is that they would come up pretty often.

Ironically there is a Mk 2 model for sale, but it's the TransitGraphics one, 193 to Whale Beach.
Go Cats.
captainch

Post by captainch »

there were a few models Trux ONLY DID A FEW OF AND OTHERS which were up popular they did hundreds off and go for $20 the ones I wanted I ASKED FOR 200 FOR MY DEPOT who I had buyers for & they weren't interested!I collected one of each but 2 models.
Swift

Post by Swift »

:lol: I was thinking of repainting my Sydney Explorer into overhaul livery but then thought are you crazy??! They did a fantastic job lib the signage and Is do remember seeing the mark II as the first Sydney Explorer I saw and it was quite an icon for many years.
I'll grab the Parra L20 for that :lol: .
captainch

Post by captainch »

YES the PARRAMATTA L20 bus seemed to be made in their 100's there allways for sale on E BAY keep your RED EXPLORER another scarce model!
Swift

Post by Swift »

Here's a couple of red bus models of mine from the other side of the world.
://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=71595
Ray

Post by Ray »

Did you get the Transitgraphics models? They're much better quality, although not perfect either.
Go Cats.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I got 3140 but that's it. They charge accordingly for the next level quality and they are still flawed as you said.
The beauty of Trux was they kept the pricing well into two figure levels.
I would love a TG mark IV in Corp V1 but only with familiar routes from the north shore. TG are also guilty of not having the combination I want.
Ray

Post by Ray »

You can customise them. I got my Mk 1 renumbered (fleet and route numbers) it was a few years ago so can't remember the cost but it wasn't too bad.
Go Cats.
captainch

Post by captainch »

YES there has been a lot of trux model buses on e bay of late but not the 2 I WANT THEY DID A HELL OF A LOT OF THE EARLY DECKERS from england with sydney desto and they must have done a thousand buck rodgers atlanteen But still in hoping for the I WANT BUT will NOT PAY EXCESIVE PRICES like the person who wanted $1,000 for the bus model given to the drivers at the olympics could have bought a REAL EX GOVT BUS FOR THAT AMOUNT!
History1

Post by History1 »

I sent you an email yesterday - Did you receive
captainch

Post by captainch »

Good news after all this time waiting on this special day as ex veteran PAUL from brisbane had to f the buses I WAS AFTER and we had a chat for about a hour about were we lived in sydney and how he travelled on our depots buses. also chatted about my tram days in brisbane were he lives now. So the only thing I'M after is the olympic bus model.
captainch

Post by captainch »

still looking for the bus model given to drivers at sydney olympics a reasonable price not one that was made from GOLD BULLION :roll: :lol:
captainch

Post by captainch »

Also noted late on E-BAY a lot of trax early deckers are just about given away & a few most popular ones are scare or if on line morgage your house same as transit graphics models that were $150 now $850 plus.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Shows how starved we are of Aussie bus models and the huge interest out there, especially anything 1970s and 80s.
England get their thirst far better satisfied than we do.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Compared to England, our Australian replica bus model market is relatively small. While models here sell out quickly upon release due to initial hype and limited market size, it's worth noting that with only one major business focusing on localised models at present, this is bound to happen. If our market were as saturated as England's, we might have seen a greater variety of not only models but also quantity produced.

I only really follow Transit Graphics releases now days and while they aren't as frequent as they once were on what's to come, I'm still happy to wait, it'll come.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
captainch

Post by captainch »

I Have allways supported Transit Graphics from the Begining noted a couple of models that were $250 now going for $900 Also some trax bus models that were $50 going for $300 maybe sell all my models to pay for my Funeral.

Return to “Transport Models”