Where can I travel on public transport in Melbourne ?

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

DavidMiranda

Where can I travel on public transport in Melbourne ?

Post by DavidMiranda »

Next time, I have a trip to Melbourne, I've been here once, it's really great, but that time I was on a business trip, so I didn't have much time to explore tourist attractions!! Can you suggest to me some interesting places to visit while traveling by public transport? Thank you very much !!
GriffinRoads1
Favourite Vehicle: Anything in SouthTrans stripes

Re: Where can I travel on public transport in Melbourne ?

Post by GriffinRoads1 »

Theres many, Windsor station is a must-see, it's the only one left in service from the St Kila & Brighton railway company (in original condition), theres the ARHS Newport rail museum, you can visit Luna PArk and St Kilda Beach by tram, theres teh Route 35 City Circle tram but it's usually full of tourists to the point of overcrowding and much more.
I prefer my catches rare.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Where can I travel on public transport in Melbourne ?

Post by boronia »

Melbourne has a lot of regular tourist attractions. You have to decide what is “interesting” to you. Their websites usually have instructions on how to get to them by PT.

Get the train and tram maps off the PTV website. You can also use the trip planner to get specific instructions for locations.

The 35 trams are usually crowded, but it is mainly locals going short distances, so the crowd turns over frequently and you can get a seat with in a few stops.

If You like long bus rides, Catch the train down to Frankston and catch the 901 bus to Broadmeadows. It takes about 4 hours. Train back to the city. Many tram routes Criss cross or parallel each other so easy to swap around.

Catch a 16 tram from Melbourne Uni or Swanston St to Kew, then the 109 to Box Hill. Catch a train from ther to Camberwell, the the 72 tram back to the city.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”