Working for Ventura

Information about employment in the Transport Industry, job advertisements etc.
Please use the relevant State icon when posting.

Moderators: Ken, MAN 16.242

Andrew
Administrator

Re: Working for Ventura

Post by Andrew »

Maybe they don't visit here if they got the job.....?? Most seemed only here asking questions prior to working.
Job done.
Andy Capp

Post by Andy Capp »

Yes , well I suppose that's typical . Come on here to ask for advice and help to advance their job prospects and enquire about living here, then once they get the job they give us the arse .
Suppose that's similar to accepting all the work that's done by unions to gain wage rises every year and retain conditions on their behalf and yet some just sit back and put their hands out and say thank you and then refuse to join a union and knock unions that they don't do nothing for me.
Nothing surprises me.
rag009

Post by rag009 »

Hi guys
I dont have MR licence .so what is the process and how long it may take. Please give more information

Thanks

Cheers
thepalemoon

Post by thepalemoon »

Hi mocara13 am one of the Irish guys who got the job with Ventura am still getting settled in I think the last of the drivers are in the last week of training at the moment so after that everyone will be out driving on there own . Most of the Irish are based in the Oakleigh depot it's got a Hugh diverse workforce with drivers from every corner of the world . There is a small number of drivers and one supervisor who are totally against the Irish being here but a few that were negative at the start have come round.every body seems to be settled in and most people have families with them there was some problems at the start but most have now being worked out with one or two issues still not resolved. There are a good few people x Dublin bus and I think about 6 from Northern Ireland . Days can vary from doing 12 hr shifts to only 5/6 hrs . Property rental is expensive but food is more or less the same as Ireland if you want anymore detail information send me a pm
rag009

Post by rag009 »

hi
just had first round interview,asked to sign contract coz i dont have MR licence .so what will be the next stage,pl guide

thanks

cheers
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

rag009 wrote:hi
just had first round interview,asked to sign contract coz i dont have MR licence .so what will be the next stage,pl guide

thanks

cheers
Would help if you put some effort into phrasing your question... you're not using a mobile phone here.
rag009

Post by rag009 »

thanks peter1805,
sorry about that,
i have finished my first round interview.Since i dont have MR Licence ,they have asked to sign contract for 3 years.so,what is the next stage ,please guide and sorry for previous quote,

cheers
dex
Favourite Vehicle: a bus

Post by dex »

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you break the contract?
My daily cruiser is a two-door turbo merc.
B7RLE
Favourite Vehicle: VOLVO B7RLE

Post by B7RLE »

I think your supposed to pay it back
Proud Owner of a Volvo B10M mk 2 Volgren and a Scania L113CRB Volgren
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Hi,
I'm one of the new Irish guys driving 903 in Oakleigh depot. In my defense I have to say that the last 2/3 months have been very intense (!!). Moving from the other side of the world plus learning how things are done in Australia (paperwork, licenses, Telstra!) plus finding where to live (furniture, power, car and Telstra again!) plus learnig how Oakleigh works plus learning the looooong 903 route... Oh well... Now I'm happy I came this far. Oakleigh drivers have been very welcoming, I really appreciate that, in this forum and out in the depot. Now, the shifts are a bit too long but the money is ok.. The Mercedes buses make me feel more like a truck driver than a bus driver... :) As for bus users, I don't think they're as bad as some Aussie drivers think... I reckon in Dublin were far worse..
Overall the experience is being positive. I'm delighted to be here. I've settled in now and everything gets easier by day. I don't know what I'll do once the four years contract ends, we'll see, still long to go :)
Thanks to all drivers that took their time to reply our questions. Some of us are still around here in the forum!

See you in the depot and safe driving
Last edited by PaulB on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

No need to defend yourself.

Good to see you guys settling in. It must be hugely difficult to transfer your whole life from the other side of the world.

Will be interesting to see, in a broader sense, how far this all goes now, with the Government cracking down on employers using 457 visa workers, and with the company itself referring recently to the fact that it has hundreds of applicants coming from within Victoria for driving positions with the company.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

As far as I'm aware of, the recent changes on the 457 visa doesn't affect us. It only affects to new visa applicants from non English speaking countries, so we're ok, and it's ok also to continue recruiting drivers from Irleand if that is what Ventura wants.
The changes are more about the level of English requiered for people earning less than $92000 coming from non English speaking countries, for new 457 applicants and for those who wish to change their sponsor.
Peter1805

Post by Peter1805 »

No, the 457 visa crackdown will not affect those already here on visas - I was not suggesting otherwise.

And as far as I know it is also not based on whether or not people are English-speakers.

I have no idea whether Ventura's recruitment of Irish drivers in future will be affected. I guess that until someone is told otherwise, they will be able to continue, but I also think it is fair to say that economic conditions in Australia have changed since they started doing so.
Last edited by Peter1805 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
aido31

Post by aido31 »

good to hear the Irish lads are doing ok, was gutted when I didn't get the job after doing the medical, it was a big step but believe me it was the right one with all the XXX that's going on now with Dublin Bus, we were out on strike for 3 days the august bank holiday, looks like we might be out again in next couple of weeks ,company want to cut premium payments for bank holidays and reduce the money we get for rest days, travelling time and sunday rest days, also want to change the scheduals, so better off where you are lads, best of luck and hope everything works out.
mocara13

Post by mocara13 »

How is the job going now for the Irish lads that went out.
mocara13

Post by mocara13 »

Any word off what happened Irish drivers who went to work here?

Return to “Employment in the Transport Industry”