What Is the Device on the Front of the Bus

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Davisrox101

What Is the Device on the Front of the Bus

Post by Davisrox101 »

Does anyone know what the device on the front windscreen is?
PXL_20211203_033917228.MP.jpg
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Re: What Is the Device on the Front of the Bus

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I've got no clue honestly, I've seen the same thing on buses over here, looks way too big for what I think it is but my guess is it is some sort of device that starts beeping at the driver if their getting too close to another vehicle in front of them?
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Favourite Vehicle: MB O404 MB OC500

Re: What Is the Device on the Front of the Bus

Post by 846 »

It's a "Mobileye", A safty system that beeps every time the driver is not keeping distance from the vehicle in front of him or when the bus is changing lanes without using the signaling lights.
It's an annoying device that only disturbe during driving.
Me, personaly, I don't pay attantion to the beeps, the system tend to beep spontanicly regardless to the road and trafic condition.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”