Need advice on insulation blp2

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.
Gregg
Favourite Vehicle: Bedford blp

Need advice on insulation blp2

Post by Gregg »

Hi everyone I have a Bedford blp2 1978 comair body. And have started to pull interior roof and walls for insulation. I have seen lots off peoples videos tutorials and blogs. Please excuse if this has been covered but I haven’t seen it. From the bottom of my window till the floor is covered with metal sheeting on top of the rails making it impossible to insulate it with batts like I’m going to to from Dotcom off windows up and roof.was wondering what I should do
1 don’t put any type of insulation on that section
2 use the silver type paper / thing cardboard type
3 cut a hole into the cavity and spray insulation in.
4 open to suggestions
I would just like to say thanks in advance greatly appreciate everyone sharing thoughts ideas etc
csrbd

Re: Need advice on insulation blp2

Post by csrbd »

Gday
I was advised not to use batts for the insulation as they have the potential to hold moisture. I removed the lower sections under the windows and used 30mm foil backed polystyrene sheets which allowed a 20mm air gap. I replaced with 5mm plywood and painted.
stajourneyman

Post by stajourneyman »

Are you sure your bus has a Comair body.

There were a few of them made around 1978 when Comair resumed building bus bodies again briefly.

However if that is a photo of your bus, it would be an Ansair body of the same vintage.
stajourneyman

Post by stajourneyman »

Are you sure your bus has a Comair body.

There were a few of them made around 1978 when Comair resumed building bus bodies again briefly.

However if that is a photo of your bus, it would be an Ansair body of the same vintage.
Gregg
Favourite Vehicle: Bedford blp

Post by Gregg »

My apologies and late reply had some circumstances that has taken a lot of time up and yes I was completely wrong it’s an ansair.
As for insulation I have done the roof with wool batts and from all the research I have done moisture isn’t an issue. However unfortunately that “ I read on the internet it has to be true “ might prove me misinformed haha. But I’m thinking the Australian made foilboards for floor and walls. Has anyone used these. Has anyone any advice best way for floor
Attachments
C35830DB-4780-4E8D-84AE-CDC4ADB6C958.jpeg

Return to “Bus to motorhome discussions”