What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Gee, perhaps it might have to be that I've finally found food that gives me the "WOW" factor and leaves me craving for more but the next time I go up to the shops to get some more either the following scenarios play out;

A: The particular store doesn't carry that item but one of their other stores across town does but isn't worth making the drive over just to get said item.
B: The item gets discontinued, replaced with something where quality has hit rock bottom and no longer wants me having more.
C: Item gets discontinued outright with no replacement.
D: It isn't as good as I had it the first time.
E: Just by luck the store does carry it but is out of stock at said store.

For example I got these Buffalo style chicken tenders the other day from ALDI and it's probably the most spiciest buffalo style meat I've had in a while close to Woolworths Buffalo wings in terms of spice but I visited a different ALDI store yesterday on the way home from work and they only had regular (Non-flavored). Bummer as I was planning to get some again.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Companies that bow down to a small minority of a small minority group to change the name of their product. Let's hope most will boycott them.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Another storm incoming. After last nights hailstorm in Newcastle I'm not sure If I'm up for another so soon
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

@ScaniaGrenda I know what you mean. You find a favourite product and they inevitably get discontinued, altered or they stop stocking it. I'm mourning the loss of so many products like SPC ratatouille canned tomatoes I used to pour on my pasta with fried salami. I still miss it to this day.
Another is this imported Asian Ayam brand canned fried mackarel in chilli. I used to mix that with canned tomato to pour on pasta and it was equal favourite with the aforementioned Ratatouille tomato with salami.
Ayam of Malaysia discontinued the product about 20 years ago. Bastards!
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Speaking of discontinued food Swift, It was a time I was a younger person (talking under 10's, can't remember specific age for the life of me not that it matters) and I use to love Arnotts Tiny teddies (honey ones?). Well apparently one day they discontinued them and I was disappointed, they got rid of their most popular flavor and replaced it with ???.

Anyway I have this faint memory of my grandmother saying because of her they re-added the Honey Tiny Teddies back onto the market, whether that is true or not I can't confirm. I must've had them once after that and then never again and outgrew them and no longer had a desire for them.

What I eat is thankfully not affected by the common discontinuation, just more so difficulty of trying to obtain the 2nd time around or the next time I buy them their not as good as the first time I've had them. Anyway I got more of those Buffalo style tenders today so I'm pleased & set for the weekend.
huppypuppy
Favourite Vehicle: Custom-Denning Element BEV Bus

Post by huppypuppy »

ScaniaGrenda wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:31 pm What I eat is thankfully not affected by the common discontinuation, just more so difficulty of trying to obtain the 2nd time around or the next time I buy them their not as good as the first time I've had them. Anyway I got more of those Buffalo style tenders today so I'm pleased & set for the weekend.
I hear ya, ScaniaGrenda! I hate it when something comes on the market and it tastes so good then they discontinue it due to "poor sales!" - Mum is the same. This is the same with certain cleaning products......
Love the new Custom Denning vehicles
Including the Adventurer School Bus
And the Endeavour Low Floor
And the new Element 100% Electric Bus - the first Aussie BEV bus
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Often these products returns years down the track as 'new products'.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

My wife and I often comment on these products that disappear " Discontinued due to popular demand ". Happens so often.
I was particularly fond of a product "McCormicks Rosemary & Garlic Wedges' a spice powder flavouring that I'd put over vegetables and wedges that I'd bake. Was just under $2 and was a great flavour topping. Suddenly disappeared off the planet !

Reading these last few emails got me worked up again, so I've sent off an email to the manufacturer.

Thanks for stirring me into action.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
Newcastle Flyer

+ Any Australian of the Year candidate that wins Australian of the Year (AOFY), then goes on & on about how it shouldn't be called Australia Day & or comment that it should be called "invasion day" should have their win of AOFTY cancelled, and any AOTY awards handed back.

+ Um Ms Motorist, the limit is 60kmh, not 30kmh!
+ And to other motorists, XYZ is the maximum speed limit, not the minimum speed limit!
+ Joe Biden - he chooses people based on sex & race. And winding back some of Trump's doings.
+ Australian Biased Channel. With some of the hosts, you could see them smile when Trump was impeached again, and when Biden won the election.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
scott

Post by scott »

Those diva tennis players in quarantine. They are lucky to even be allowed to play the Australian open in Melbourne.
Newcastle Flyer

* Dan Andrews should not have allowed them in to play sport.
White lives matter too.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Work has given me the new roster for the week but they've put me down at a worksite I haven't been too before (that isn't the problem). The real problem is they've only given me just street name (for example just: XYZ Street) but not the full proper address like "123 Main Street Parramatta". There's 30+ other buildings down that street and I could be working at any one of them & I'm not going to know which site is the correct site if I don't have a proper address.

This also means I have to set aside time to chase up the roster team and hope to get a response in time before I'm due to go to work.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Young tradies here on the central coast. How do they develop that obnoxious face like the one I came across this morning working for my neighbour? This permanent sneer imprinted on his dial. Young Aussies are the most arrogant pricks in the world.
scott

Post by scott »

Been noticing that down here in Melbourne too, there is one tradie that frequently catches the same bus I do, the driver gives him a pleasant greeting, tradie calls driver for everything under his breath with f and c bombs, no provocation at all.

Also some tradies coming into the McDonalds near my work, they give the poor staff hell, one of the senior managers threatened to call security after one of the tradies began hassling one of the girls because of a slight mix up of his order.

Bernard Tomic's girlfriend whinging about the lack of a professional hairdresser in quarantine, stating she does not wash her own hair.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Bought a pair of shoes at my local Rivers store on the weekend. I'm a member of their loyalty club and get a $5 discount voucher for next time I shop. Then she asks if I'd like a paper bag for 30c !!!. Can't even give you a free paper bag that I can carry their product around in giving them free publicity. So I just carried the shoes as I walked home and chucked the voucher in the bin - useless to me, but the bag would have been helpful.
Emailed their given feedback number and yesterday received the most meaningless and generic response imaginable.

Likewise re my earlier post about McCormicks. Emailed them about the product and received a generic, meaningless response.
At least they reply I guess.
I understand now why we have 348 pages of posts on here about what gives us the S&#T's.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Centralian wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:23 am I understand now why we have 348 pages of posts on here about what gives us the S&#T's.
Now to add another post making this the 8691th post :P

So I pulled into KFC last night on the way home from work to grab a quick bite and I decide that I'm in no rush to get home so I'll just pull into the parking lot across from the KFC, sit in the car and eat dinner before heading home. I must've been there for 10 minutes. Anyway during the 10 minutes I was parked, this guy in a 4WD pulls into the KFC carpark and is waiting for he's girlfriend to finish, she is out about a minute after he pulls in. Anyway to skip a bit of the part in between where nothing happens, 4WD guy goes to reverse out and reverses into the back of an incoming Holden Captiva that was just entering the carpark. Both vehicles come to a quick stop and the driver of the Captiva gets out to inspect the damage and the usual "hands thrown up in the air" then takes a photo of the 4WD's numberplate. From what I could see the reversing 4WD clipped the captivas rear right hand side causing a medium sized dent and to take the lower part of the rear lights out.

In the time I was parked there eating dinner I'd seen a few other vehicles speed through the section of where I was parked (really need a 10 KMPH sign in the parking lot)

What Gives me the S&#t's this time around is I turned my Dashcam off as soon as I parked the car as I don't like it just continuously recording nothing while I'm parked. I had a great angle of where I was parked facing a clear view of the KFC parking lot so if my DC was still rolling it would've captured this and I would've offered all parties involved footage in case they need it, sadly as I mentioned I turned it off so I was no help for any of those.

Bleh tell ya the moment I don't have something or the camera isn't rolling things happen.
Newcastle Flyer

• Watching a show about people buying houses moving from LA to London (for some reason!) and I just heard the husband say to his wife that yes, but 10 minute walk to the train station is more than I'd like to do.
WHAT?! Gee, 10 minutes is not really that much.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Swift wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:55 am This permanent sneer imprinted on his dial. Young Aussies are the most arrogant pricks in the world.
There are some real shockers around. My nickname for them are "bros". Usually easily-recognised based on their choice of clothing, and general manner of speaking.
Newcastle Flyer

• Joe Bidden - he's already that he looks like being the second worst president after "Dubya Bush".
• Cricket Australia dropping the title Australia Day for the Australia Day test. Scott Morrison should say unless you reverse that decision, then you are unable to play.
• Again the ABC (should be privatised). They will obviously have their "Issue of the Day" about trying to get rid of Australia Day - if they already haven't had it.
White lives matter too.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:00 pm • Joe Bidden - he's already that he looks like being the second worst president after "Dubya Bush".
ehh, hem! I beg to differ, although you are entitled to your opinion and to express it.
You seem to have forgotten the one who's just been replaced.
Had 4 years to prove himself, as against someone who's had what ?.........one day in the position.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Sorry Centralian, you're one of the few I have respect for around here but you should heed your signature.
The mass media has been on a campaign to a discredit Trump at every turn. He was merely doing his best to do an everyman's job to address the deficiencies of establishment run politics in his country and that includes the established left leaning media.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Sorry but I have to back Centralian. Trump should never have been in the job.
Living in the Shire.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

Yes i back Centralian
Swift

Post by Swift »

So?? Is this a sporting contest?
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

All I'm saying is don't judge Biden on one day in office.
The earlier comment made was based on left/right bias - well left/right have to live and work together for a better USA, for a better Australia.
Judge him in 4 years time.
I'm sure Trump had some good achievements, but people either listened or switched off. He was that type of guy.

I'm not familiar with the US media, but I'm sure not much different to the Fairfax/News Corp/ABC divide we have here in Australia.

I wasn't going to bite on the earlier post, but I fell for it.

Return to “The Lunch Room”