What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by TA3001 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:06 pm • BLM protests.
• Drivers using high beam lights with on-traffic coming. The can also get in the way of pedestrians.
• Taxi drivers that use Bus Zone only bays.
• Bus drivers that crawl like a snail, and or especially park at an angle with the back of the bus in the other lane either making it hard or forcing motorists behind to stop.

It's not only public transport.

Do you ask them to cover their mouth when they cough please?
I would not. First of all, I'm likely to be asked 'what does covering mean?' I'd rather not waste my time. Most folks have not even heard of the concept. The announcements on the train also need to detail how to (([automated announcement])"cover cough and sneeze"), as 90% of the population never do it!

Re the title: Forum staff that give you a life sentence over something fairly minor. I'm not a 12 year old for crying out loud. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this bloody planet who's made a genuine oversight.

One overreaction seems to be able to cause armageddon. I've even heard of admins on another forum being complete jerks causing certain users to leave for good. And who do folks report this to?
Big Engine Mechanic
Favourite Vehicle: My94NCLTDFairlaneTickfordGear

Post by Big Engine Mechanic »

TA3001 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:57 pm
• Drivers using high beam lights with on-traffic coming. The can also get in the way of pedestrians.
• Bus drivers that crawl like a snail, and or especially park at an angle with the back of the bus in the other lane either making it hard or forcing motorists behind to stop.

I would not. First of all, I'm likely to be asked 'what does covering mean?' I'd rather not waste my time. Most folks have not even heard of the concept. The announcements on the train also need to detail how to (([automated announcement])"cover cough and sneeze"), as 90% of the population never do it!

Re the title: Forum staff that give you a life sentence over something fairly minor. I'm not a 12 year old for crying out loud. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this bloody planet who's made a genuine oversight.

One overreaction seems to be able to cause armageddon. I've even heard of admins on another forum being complete jerks causing certain users to leave for good. And who do folks report this to?
I agree, I just get up and move if someone is coughing because saying something could go wrong and im in the "Getting a life sentence" situation at the moment.
Last edited by Big Engine Mechanic on Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Drivers that have music blaring loudly from their car.
Last edited by MotorOmnibus8562 on Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

* These protesters that burnt the Australian Flag.
* John Laws claiming to a person that emailed him that he doesn't have any arranged callers.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Big Engine Mechanic

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:05 pm * These protesters that burnt the Australian Flag.
* John Laws claiming to a person that emailed him that he doesn't have any arranged callers.
I agree, it shows a hatred for this country, if it wasn't for the Europeans all Australians would still be walking around living in the bush, sometimes I think that's what they must want. I remember about 15 years ago I had a John laws voicemail it was funny back when we had better flip phones.
Last edited by Big Engine Mechanic on Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Engine Mechanic

TA3001 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:57 pm

"Go directly to jail; do not pass go, do not collect $200 "
Big Engine Mechanic

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:52 am Drivers that have music blaring loudly from their car.
What if it was from a bus ?
Anything ?
Maybe . . . . Silence of the mind from The a single man movie ?
MotorOmnibus8562

I never hear loud music come from buses, I assume it must be the large space they have and most of the windows are sealed shut.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
MotorOmnibus8562

Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

We were just talking about that incident on another site, we've sadly reached a point where society wants others to suffer rather than abide by some simple rules that can not only keep yourself out of danger but others as well. Asking people to do one simple thing for safety is too much nowdays.

This really is taking the whole "If I'm going to suffer, so can you" attitude to a whole new level.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Big Engine Mechanic

Alot of these criminals would be "Off their tree" mixed with not giving a S&#T, lack of values, that's why I wouldn't say anything because eventually the bus will reach there stop.
Big Engine Mechanic

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:56 am I never hear loud music come from buses, I assume it must be the large space they have and most of the windows are sealed shut.
A few years back I used to know a couple of bus drivers that would do that while driving at night.
Newcastle Flyer

No Getaway, Ayers Rock is not the world's largest rock, Mount Augusts in Western Australia is.

Edit: Fixed spelling of Mount Augustus.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Big Engine Mechanic

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:54 pm No Getaway, Ayers Rock is not the world's largest rock, Mount Augusta in Western Australia is.
I didn't know that, you learn something new everyday.
Last edited by Big Engine Mechanic on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Engine Mechanic

People that say; This person made me do it or they were asking for it or this person had a horrific life so they are obviously not going to be normal or I can't walk up to her and ask her out she might reject me or my dad was a criminal so that's why I have a s&*t life, unless you have some serious clinical mental illness you are responsible for your own actions and thoughts once people realise this the possibilities are endless.
Last edited by Big Engine Mechanic on Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Newcastle Flyer

Edit: I meant Mount Augustus. It's 2½ times larger than Ayers Rock.
White lives matter too.
Big Engine Mechanic

Newcastle Flyer wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:48 am Edit: I meant Mount Augustus. It's 2½ times larger than Ayers Rock.
I thought that's what you ment.
Newcastle Flyer

• Young pushbike riders that almost ran pedestrians over on a footpath in a shopping centre - must have been around 40 kmh on the footpath. But security saw them on CCTV.

• How many more times do I have to tell people to cover their hands, I mean mouths when they cough. It was not just one loud cough, but several coughs while looking at his mobile phone. He claimed he did cover his mouth, but I saw that he didn't.

• Vehicles taking up multiple spaces.

ADD: The ABC - the sooner it's privatised the better.
White lives matter too.
Big Engine Mechanic

That reminds me of at least 4 idiots I saw today walk out in front of trams like stoners, the trams even rang their bells none of them responded bar one with his middle finger and hurling a pack of food at it. Wealthy people that think they can bribe others with money into doing things give me the S&#T's !
Attachments
2D207F2C00000578-3261312-image-m-38_1444096168155.jpg
2D207F2C00000578-3261312-image-m-38_1444096168155.jpg (82.36 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

SD Card corrupts again as I copy files from it, Sandisk microSD cards are the biggest pieces of fragile junk I've ever used and what is worse is I was able to recover the video files and they still contain data but as far as anything is concerned, the files are "corrupted" and can't be viewed.

I Started using Amazon and it is going to cost me $7 in postage to get a tiny replacement card sent to me, yet I can go on Ebay and buy the same SD cards and get free postage. I don't really feel like paying that much for such a tiny item, if it was bigger then I could understand.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Big Engine Mechanic

:oops: A friend of mine almost got kidnapped by a bus driver yesterday.
Last edited by Big Engine Mechanic on Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MotorOmnibus8562

Im annoyed that The internet at my house currently works on mobile devices and not on computers because I can't transfer anything from my computer to my phone without internet access but I can transfer stuff from my phone to my computer
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
MotorOmnibus8562

• The People that thought they could just flout the rules in place AND NOT ISOLATE AFTER BEING TESTED
    and not get tested after being unwell.
    https://www.facebook.com/13471269659327 ... 7/?app=fbl
  • The NSW Government's New Border Bubble, Its Way too exclusive and it was perfectly fine the way it was before, It could have been made up of Only Whole LGAs and Plus the 3 cases in My area are in NSW anyway.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)

Post by 3805 »

MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:52 pm Im annoyed that The internet at my house currently works on mobile devices and not on computers because I can't transfer anything from my computer to my phone without internet access but I can transfer stuff from my phone to my computer
The internet is not good for the environment. Neither are mobile devices or computers.

I am confused as to what you stand for.
Комитет государственной безопасности​
MotorOmnibus8562

3805 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:44 pm
MotorOmnibus8562 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:52 pm Im annoyed that The internet at my house currently works on mobile devices and not on computers because I can't transfer anything from my computer to my phone without internet access but I can transfer stuff from my phone to my computer
The internet is not good for the environment. Neither are mobile devices or computers.

I am confused as to what you stand for.
We sadly had to get a new modem now.

Could you pm me a link to where you got your statement from?

Cheers, MO8562
Last edited by MotorOmnibus8562 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Betting ads are pests
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)

Return to “The Lunch Room”