[July/Aug 2020] SA transport observations

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
The Phonj
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202, PMCSA body

[July/Aug 2020] SA transport observations

Post by The Phonj »

Half of the year has gone past; and the new financial year is upon us... July is here! Don't forget to do your tax return; hope you get a nice refund!

A quick reminder that Metrocard and Metroticket fares increase as of Sunday 5 July. For details visit the Adelaide Metro website.

The last MAN SL202 ran last night; they are all retired as of now. The last trip was the W90 from Marden, departing at 21:11, with 899 bus. Gone but not forgotten.

COVID-19 restrictions are easing and borders reopening, I wonder what long term impacts will be felt on public transport operations, caused by the coronavirus.

New service contracts commence from Sunday 5 July. The Outer North contract goes from Southlink to Torrens Transit, the Outer South contract goes from Southlink to Busways, and the trams go from Government operation to private operation, Torrens Connect being awarded that contract.

Trains will not be running between Adelaide and Salisbury during the school holidays. Operations of the substitute services go from Southlink to Torrens Transit, with Torrens transit commencing from Sunday 5 July. Southlink had previously been running these services. For timetables etc visit the Adelaide Metro website.

Bustech double decker 1790 has departed Mile End depot, I wonder where it will turn up next.

Please post your South Australian transport observations that wouldn't seem to warrant their own thread here.
Bus Preservation Association of South Australia https://www.bpasa.org.au/
Tramway Museum St. Kilda https://www.trammuseumadelaide.com/
National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide https://nrm.org.au/
Big Engine Mechanic
Favourite Vehicle: My94NCLTDFairlaneTickfordGear

Re: [July/Aug 2020] SA transport observations

Post by Big Engine Mechanic »

I think new proper education should be introduced training bus drivers on how to personally deal with passengers especially drug affected ones, not just shields. Ive worked with drug affected people everyday they need training.
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

TT wrote: ↑
Over the weekend all Mile End buses have had their destos updated to include all outer North routes, with the destination suburb now being in capitals.
St Agnes and Morphettville were done late last week
Buses from Port depot have now had destos updated to include all Outer North runs. I believe buses at Edinburgh North will have theirs updated on Saturday night to include all of the current Torrens routes. I guess Newton’s will be done sometime before Sunday so that it’s “any bus, any depot, any route”.
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

I wonder if Torrens Transit will takeover Willaston depot , if not there will be many Not In Service runs between Edinburgh North depot and Gawler, by the time you run NIS they'll be better off maybe running every 2nd 440 to Hewett via Adelaide Road and Murray Street and 462 to Gawler East via Angle Vale Road and Gawler Green
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Eurostar wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:24 am I wonder if Torrens Transit will takeover Willaston depot , if not there will be many Not In Service runs between Edinburgh North depot and Gawler, by the time you run NIS they'll be better off maybe running every 2nd 440 to Hewett via Adelaide Road and Murray Street and 462 to Gawler East via Angle Vale Road and Gawler Green
No they won't-they will have one depot out North-Elizabeth West.
Eurostar

Post by Eurostar »

Hawker Street works
Attachments
20200702_110731.jpg
leftyandy76
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M artics

Post by leftyandy76 »

Obviously 1790 being owned by the government could mean that they may on the off chance send it to Mr Barker and see how it goes there?
Eurostar

Post by Eurostar »

leftyandy76 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:23 pm Obviously 1790 being owned by the government could mean that they may on the off chance send it to Mr Barker and see how it goes there?
Whats the overpass like at Noarlunga Centre Station, could be used on T721s?
Last edited by Eurostar on Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jibb

Post by jibb »

I believe there will be some exchange of buses between Lonsdale and Elizabeth Depots prior to the new contracts commencing on Sunday.
Wondering when this might take place-ie. Friday night or Saturday?
jibb

Post by jibb »

Noticed at Morphettville Depot this afternoon, that the 10 MAN SL buses withdrawn on Tuesday, and parked on the tracks have now gone?
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

jibb wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:26 pm I believe there will be some exchange of buses between Lonsdale and Elizabeth Depots prior to the new contracts commencing on Sunday.
Happening already. Buses are being swapped in the city mid shift
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

Bus stops along South Rd have been renumbered. Notable ones are Castle Plaza (was 15, now 13) and St Mary's (was 24a, now 23).
jibb

Post by jibb »

Skexis wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:20 pm
jibb wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:26 pm I believe there will be some exchange of buses between Lonsdale and Elizabeth Depots prior to the new contracts commencing on Sunday.
Happening already. Buses are being swapped in the city mid shift
Thanks for that info-do we know which ones yet?
Diesel_MAN
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Buses

Post by Diesel_MAN »

I spotted 2214 on a 228F earlier, so I'd guess that that one has been transferred already.
Please leave via centre door.
Please push handle to open door.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Diesel_MAN wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:49 pm I spotted 2214 on a 228F earlier, so I'd guess that that one has been transferred already.
Apparently Lonsdale's MAN NL 202 buses(17) are being transferred to Elizabeth, whilst their MAN 18.280(8) are being transferred to Lonsdale between now and Sunday.
jibb

Post by jibb »

The After Midnight services will recommence on Saturday 11th/Sunday 12th July.
The City Connector will recommence on Sunday 5th July.
The J1X has been cancelled permanently.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Scania Bustech 1066 has entered service from Morphettville Depot this morning.
Eurostar

Post by Eurostar »

jibb wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:50 am The After Midnight services will recommence on Saturday 11th/Sunday 12th July.
The City Connector will recommence on Sunday 5th July.
The J1X has been cancelled permanently.
I never saw much patronage on the J1X, most people just got whatever was there including myself
Big Engine Mechanic

Saw a bus being towed on Wakefield Street today, sorry it's not the best picture, sitting at traffic lights.
Attachments
IMG_20200703_100921~3.jpg
Last edited by Big Engine Mechanic on Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Real-Time info not available tomorrow as DPTI is upgrading system for new contracts starting on sunday.
Not sure what new contracts have to do with real-time?
PD2/20

Post by PD2/20 »

jibb wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:09 pm Real-Time info not available tomorrow as DPTI is upgrading system for new contracts starting on sunday.
Not sure what new contracts have to do with real-time?
I have looked at the latest version of the GTFS static timetable information which is dated today. This included the obvious changes to the operating agencies such as transfer of trams to Torrens Connect and Outer South to Busways. However quite a proportion of trips have also received new trip_ids. This is significant as trip_ids are used as the link from the realtime data to the static timetable which allows the realtime info to be presented in a human friendly way.
Big Engine Mechanic

For peoples information, I was right; "Cummins is proud to be powering Bustech Pty Ltd buses with ISB6.7 Euro 6 Cummins engines. Bustech’s scope of supply for its project in South Australia calls for latest technology and the lowest emission levels available in the market today. Bustech has chosen the Cummins ISBe6 engine, rated at 280hp, with peak torque of 1100 Nm at 1000 rpm. There’s also an option of 300hp, 1200Nm@1100rpm." https://m.facebook.com/cummins.south.pa ... 004517820/
thedom
Favourite Vehicle: Jumbo (on an express service)

Post by thedom »

New Timetables with minor running time adjustments apply from 5th July, includes minor school service changes.
https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... ce-changes
route 228

Post by route 228 »

thedom wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:55 am New Timetables with minor running time adjustments apply from 5th July, includes minor school service changes.
O Dear You just know i want to check for any changes on the 228 Timetable ,

So you click on Route 228 Future Timetable and what do you get the wrong one 225 future timetable .
Living on the 228 bus run.

Route 228 Smithfield interchange to Victoria Square in the city of Adelaide South Australia.
PD2/20

Post by PD2/20 »

thedom wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:55 am New Timetables with minor running time adjustments apply from 5th July, includes minor school service changes.
The reason given for real time info being unavailable on Sat 4th July is given as:
AdMet wrote:Real Time outage Saturday 4 July

Real Time timetable information will not be available on Saturday 4 July due to the requirement to configure vehicles to operations within the new contract areas. Scheduled travel times will be available.
There is also a statement regarding the J1X:
AdMet wrote:The J1X Airport express services remains suspended until further notice

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”