Private Bus Observations 2020

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Re: Private Bus Observations 2020

Post by J_Busworth »

Stonesourscotty wrote:TSA Metrobus 2155 was in Penrith yesterday on Rail replacements very rare for a Burwood Metrobus this far west.
CDC has been subcontracting out some rail work to TSA (just like TD and PBC). My understanding is that there are certain restrictions as to what drivers can drive from which depot (across the R3/R6 spilt) and as such the closest R6 depot, being Burwood, was used in conjunction with the two R3 depots for this weekend in order to supply enough drivers. They were doing Granville - Penrith/Richmond returns, so it they didn't have to start/end quite so far from home.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Going through my photo collection, I've got a photo of a 2000 Mercedes-Benz LO814 on an Alan B-Denning body, it was registered as CB96UF (And still is according to a recent Rego check), VIN ends in 4558. When I took the photo of it last year, it was with a school in the Maitland Area. They also had what I believe was an Denning Landseer but I haven't seen it in a while and not sure what it's Rego was.

Anyone perhaps able to tell me the origins of this Mercedes minibus?
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

How would you get CB96UF on a minibus?
Living in the Shire.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I should've stated the body on this LO814 is possibly from the Vario line, CB96UF should be a regular private plate like you see on cars. At least that's what it looks like from the photo but I'm no expert on registration plates so I can't discuss further.

This is something they've only picked up in the last couple of years so there's definitely more history to it
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

As far as i'm aware the only buses from Burwood that have made it to Penrith recently where 3904 Volvo/APG Orana and about 6 different 293*/294* including 2940/42 B8RLE Volgrens so the metrobus was extra unusual
Ben O

Post by Ben O »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Going through my photo collection, I've got a photo of a 2000 Mercedes-Benz LO814 on an Alan B-Denning body, it was registered as CB96UF (And still is according to a recent Rego check), VIN ends in 4558. When I took the photo of it last year, it was with a school in the Maitland Area. They also had what I believe was an Denning Landseer but I haven't seen it in a while and not sure what it's Rego was.

Anyone perhaps able to tell me the origins of this Mercedes minibus?
Alan B. Denning body 82293 of 15/3/00, Mercedes-Benz 815D chassis 9BM688176WB164558. Last known owner Salford Park Community Village, Wantirna, Melbourne, VIC regisstered 0087 NC.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

I'm over the moon as I have now seen 2 coaches on the road passing through the Blue Mountains - that is over the last 3-4 week period, and I'm on the road nearly every day.
An Australia Wide Scania Coach Design heading west, and more recently a Higer Munro of Hopkinsons. Business must be picking up (not). I suspect they were empty.
Some decent school bus activity in Lithgow yesterday with perfect social distancing on board (1 or 2 kids per bus).
And lots of local route buses around Katoomba, just the passengers are missing.
Then the one bus photo I try to take, the first in nearly a month - the battery dies on me. :x
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
Stonesourscotty

Glendenning have had 896/1070/1081 and New Busways Logoed 966 on the 776 in the Past 3 days appears to be on two seperate workings each day that are regularly worked by Glendenning. Penrith had 789 on the 771 today which i think iss the first time on the 771 since it' repaint.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Fleet Lists wrote:How would you get CB96UF on a minibus?
Why not? He mentions it was "with a school", presuming the school owns it?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
andyr

Post by andyr »

A Glenorie vehicle, an Austral DD1 (I think), heading north on the M1 today ....
Newcastle Flyer

Mistakes in Newcastle private bus map

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Fleet Lists:-

1) I note in this map from 2019 here (https://transportnsw.info/document/3954 ... rt-map.pdf) that the route 26 is incorrect. It doesn't show it going via Westfield Kotara.
(And before someone comments, of course it mentions that not all routes are shown, but I'm refering to only the major mistakes in some of the routes that ARE shown.)

It should show it going via Bridges Rd to Westfield, then back to Carnley Ave to continue on its way.

2) Also just noted is that there are several mistakes at Marketown Shopping Centre or Spotlight (in Hunter St, Newcastle West). It doesn't show various routes terminating/starting at either spot.

3) It also doesn't show Routes 29, 44 & 267 going via Cardiff Station.

PS: Are those the only maps available now on the transportnsw site?
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

That's just a map made for quick reference, to be on posters. Full region guides are where they usually are: https://transportnsw.info/travel-info/w ... rator-maps
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

mandonov wrote:That's just a map made for quick reference, to be on posters. Full region guides are where they usually are: https://transportnsw.info/travel-info/w ... rator-maps
The Newcastle Transport region guide still showing ‘Light Rail coming in 2019’.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

mandonov wrote:Full region guides are where they usually are: https://transportnsw.info/travel-info/w ... rator-maps
Have another look, they're the same map as I posted above.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Aurora wrote: The Newcastle Transport region guide still showing ‘Light Rail coming in 2019’.
:roll: They're quite lax with updating this list. Newcastle Transport's website has a current map: https://newcastletransport.info/wp-cont ... _MAP-1.pdf
Newcastle Flyer wrote:Have another look, they're the same map as I posted above.
Yes, I was just answering your PS by pointing out that the traditional region guides are still there too, although evidently outdated.
wes
Favourite Vehicle: Alfa Romeo GTV

Post by wes »

Linto63 wrote:Noticed Hopkinsons TV959 Volvo B12B repainted into Premier Motor Service fleet livery. Could be a straight fleet transfer, or perhaps a sign that the Hopkinsons brand is being phased out.
Observed quite a few of the hopkinsons fleet heading down Mt Ousley last week around 730, presumably to the premier depot at Unanderra.
wes
Favourite Vehicle: Alfa Romeo GTV

Post by wes »

Linto63 wrote:Noticed Hopkinsons TV959 Volvo B12B repainted into Premier Motor Service fleet livery. Could be a straight fleet transfer, or perhaps a sign that the Hopkinsons brand is being phased out.
Observed quite a few of the hopkinsons fleet heading down Mt Ousley last week around 730, presumably to the premier depot at Unanderra.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Perhaps with no charter work, they will go to Unanderra and get deregistered for storage.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Could this be connected to the post about their premises at Smithfield being up for lease ?
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Appears that Active OOSH Edgeworth store their Hino RG197K P&D bus at the Edgeworth CDC Depot, it's also been rereg to XN14PP.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

The NSW fuzz have acquired a pair of Custom Coaches bodied Mercs, possibly ex Busways O405s, registered XN44QL and XN86QL.

'In my blood': NSW officer ends distinguished career after almost 60 years
Stonesourscotty

Have Blue Mountains received more Volgrens as there's atleast two that don't have decals applied? One on the 690P and didn't see what route the other was on.

Busways Penriths leather and e leather seated buses have these decals applied to every other seat. Unsure about the Volgren Scania buses with moquette.Image

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
Bjwh86

Post by Bjwh86 »

Every bus in Sydney will have these as capacity is now limited on buses due to social distancing rules.

Sent from my SM-A207F using Tapatalk
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

I sit in the centre of the seat as it's a safe seat and Busabout have these stickers on there seats aswell
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

So after each trip do they move the stickers to another "clean" seat?
If not, why not?
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”