CDC Group News 2020

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

CDC Group News 2020

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

Welcome to the Grand 2020 :)
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
Springyboy

Re: CDC Group News 2020

Post by Springyboy »

Same to you MotorOmni. Looking forward to seeing the artic #171 on the road soon. Hopefully it'll be given the green light to run the 630 occasionally.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Noticed a bus in Mildura in CDC white, blue and orange livery with CDC Mildura branding, so presumably the Buslink brand is being phased out.
bussie

Post by bussie »

Linto63 wrote:Noticed a bus in Mildura in CDC white, blue and orange livery with CDC Mildura branding, so presumably the Buslink brand is being phased out.
https://www.facebook.com/cdcvictoriabus ... ?__tn__=-R
CDC Victoria has officially rebranded Buslink Sunraysia and Buslink Broken Hill to CDC Mildura and CDC Broken Hill respectively.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Their website http://buslink.com.au/company-profile/ has not caught up yet.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

https://cdcvictoria.com.au/latest-news/ ... oken-hill/

Buslink Sunraysia & Broken Hill Officially Renamed CDC Mildura & CDC Broken Hill
1 March 2020

We are pleased to announce that with effect from 1st March 2020, Buslink Sunraysia and Buslink Broken Hill have now been officially renamed CDC Mildura and CDC Broken Hill accordingly.

While the name change is significant, we’d like to assure our passengers that they can expect the same good service from the same staff in Mildura and Broken Hill.

We are also pleased to announce that the transition of the bus fleet has commenced and some of the fleet is already in the new branding and this process will continue progressively.

More exciting changes will soon follow with new uniforms for all staff to be rolled out soon.

Timetable information for CDC Mildura is available on cdcvictoria.com.au and information for CDC Broken Hill will be housed on CDC NSW website at cdcbus.com.au
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Living in the Shire.
marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Electric buses

Post by marcnut1996 »

CDC Broken Hill is indeed no longer under CDC Victoria. It is now one of the operations of CDC NSW: https://cdcbus.com.au/. CDC Mildura remains under CDC Victoria.
Originally a Sydneysider, now a Melburnian
bussie

Post by bussie »

marcnut1996 wrote:CDC Broken Hill is indeed no longer under CDC Victoria. It is now one of the operations of CDC NSW: https://cdcbus.com.au/. CDC Mildura remains under CDC Victoria.
As mentioned in the NSW sub-board:

Broken Hill is under CDC NSW only for branding purposes, operationally, they are still under CDC Victoria.

From: https://www.comfortdelgro.com/web/guest/global-network:
CDC Broken Hill Pty Ltd
Mr Jeffrey Wilson (CEO, CDC Victoria)

563-565 Chapple Lane, Broken Hill, NSW 2880

(08) 8087 3311

cdcbrokenhill@cdcbus.au
Springyboy

Post by Springyboy »

Not sure how common this is but I think I just saw a Wyndham based Volgren CR221L operating the 625 to Elsternwick service.

Has this bus been transferred to Oakleigh or is it still Wyndham based?

I say this because the bus number and depot sticker was on the top right hand corner of the bus, which for Oakleigh based buses 96-107 usually doesn’t happen as the bus number is only on the bottom corner of the bus, unless they’ve been recently upgraded.

Cheers
gen man
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Worldmaster CRT2/1

Post by gen man »

Springyboy wrote:Not sure how common this is but I think I just saw a Wyndham based Volgren CR221L operating the 625 to Elsternwick service.

I say this because the bus number and depot sticker was on the top right hand corner of the bus, which for Oakleigh based buses 96-107 usually doesn’t happen as the bus number is only on the bottom corner of the bus, unless they’ve been recently upgraded.

Cheers
Unless you can give us a fleet number or rego, we'll never know!
need red GA:521, 831.
AAT-Kings:
2014 - Year of Privatisation!
scott

Post by scott »

I saw a Volvo/CR221L at Chadstone today with O12-4844, therefore 4844AO. Consulted fleet list and former Wyndham based (73) was transferred to Oakleigh recently, so that must be the one.
maxy54

Post by maxy54 »

Springyboy wrote:Not sure how common this is but I think I just saw a Wyndham based Volgren CR221L operating the 625 to Elsternwick service.

Cheers
The two Scania L94UB & two B12BLE CR221L's were replaced in January following the arrival of seven new K310UB's and have been transferred to Wyndham depot.
scott wrote:I saw a Volvo/CR221L at Chadstone today with O12-4844, therefore 4844AO. Consulted fleet list and former Wyndham based (73) was transferred to Oakleigh recently, so that must be the one.
Correct, has made the odd appearance on route work and has updated destinations following the 605 changes.
Springyboy

Post by Springyboy »

maxy54 wrote:

Cheers
The two Scania L94UB & two B12BLE CR221L's were replaced in January following the arrival of seven new K310UB's and have been transferred to Wyndham depot.
scott wrote:I saw a Volvo/CR221L at Chadstone today with O12-4844, therefore 4844AO. Consulted fleet list and former Wyndham based (73) was transferred to Oakleigh recently, so that must be the one.
Correct, has made the odd appearance on route work and has updated destinations following the 605 changes.
Ah, that makes way more sense then, thanks maxy for clearing that up.

Is Oakleigh #171 still running, or has it been stored because of it not really being needed for the 601 right now?
maxy54

Post by maxy54 »

Springyboy wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:51 pm Is Oakleigh #171 still running, or has it been stored because of it not really being needed for the 601 right now?
#171 has still been running during most weekdays during this COVID Pandemic
scott

Post by scott »

Second that, saw it in action at Monash Uni yesterday.
Springyboy

Post by Springyboy »

CDC just took delivery of 5 new hybrids, 4 going to Wyndham and 1 going to Oakleigh. Keen to see #173 in action.
Springyboy

Post by Springyboy »

Do hybrid buses not have a reverse option in the gearbox? Saw #O161 operating the 630 to Elwood around 9:30am today being stuck in the service lane on North Road. Driver sounded the horn around 20+ times at least to alert someone in a house to help out and move their car obstructing the bus, but I saw no movement from the driver of the car which was obstructing the bus from getting through.

Even if it is too dangerous to reverse due to collision issues, there were passengers onboard the bus, so surely one of them could have just jumped out and helped the driver. Really confusing to me why the bus would not just reverse, when there was a street connection only 1 min behind where the bus was. Beats sounding the horn 20+ times and waking up half of North Road.
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Springyboy wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:13 pm Do hybrid buses not have a reverse option in the gearbox? Saw #O161 operating the 630 to Elwood around 9:30am today being stuck in the service lane on North Road. Driver sounded the horn around 20+ times at least to alert someone in a house to help out and move their car obstructing the bus, but I saw no movement from the driver of the car which was obstructing the bus from getting through.

Even if it is too dangerous to reverse due to collision issues, there were passengers onboard the bus, so surely one of them could have just jumped out and helped the driver. Really confusing to me why the bus would not just reverse, when there was a street connection only 1 min behind where the bus was. Beats sounding the horn 20+ times and waking up half of North Road.
Its a lot harder to reverse a bus than your computer chair you know?

There are many reasons why the driver may not have been able to reverse. Knowing the service lane the car must have been extremely illegally parked for the bus not to fit as usually there is ample room.
Springyboy

Post by Springyboy »

Apollo wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:11 am
Springyboy wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:13 pm Do hybrid buses not have a reverse option in the gearbox? Saw #O161 operating the 630 to Elwood around 9:30am today being stuck in the service lane on North Road. Driver sounded the horn around 20+ times at least to alert someone in a house to help out and move their car obstructing the bus, but I saw no movement from the driver of the car which was obstructing the bus from getting through.

Its a lot harder to reverse a bus than your computer chair you know?

There are many reasons why the driver may not have been able to reverse. Knowing the service lane the car must have been extremely illegally parked for the bus not to fit as usually there is ample room.
Fair enough I suspected that. But still getting a tow would've been way worse. I don't think the car would have been parked illegally, it was a tight service way, but yeah was weird that the bus had honked 100 times and there was no movement in the house.
Springyboy

Post by Springyboy »

Seems like all the destos on the Optimuses have been reverted back to their old font, especially at the back of the bus. #O145 and #O174 both sporting the old font format. Prefer that anyways, easier to see compared to the new font trialled up until now.
maxy54

Post by maxy54 »

Springyboy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:56 pm Seems like all the destos on the Optimuses have been reverted back to their old font, especially at the back of the bus. #O145 and #O174 both sporting the old font format. Prefer that anyways, easier to see compared to the new font trialled up until now.
#145 has the updated destination file fitted, all be it not at the rear. #173 & #174 have had the pre April desto file put in.
Springyboy

Post by Springyboy »

maxy54 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:55 pm
Springyboy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:56 pm Seems like all the destos on the Optimuses have been reverted back to their old font, especially at the back of the bus. #O145 and #O174 both sporting the old font format. Prefer that anyways, easier to see compared to the new font trialled up until now.
#145 has the updated destination file fitted, all be it not at the rear. #173 & #174 have had the pre April desto file put in.
Ah alright that makes more sense, was confused today when I saw #167 with the new desto.
JRBUS123
Favourite Vehicle: Ventura Volgren Optimus

Post by JRBUS123 »

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”