Orange Scania KUB spotted in Singapore

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

eyeball

Orange Scania KUB spotted in Singapore

Post by eyeball »

Hi,

My friend in Singapore recently spotted a few orange Scania KUBs bound for Australia. Since they're orange, I assume that they are meant to be stickered with the PTV livery. Does anyone know which operators they will be for? He also spotted an orange KUA on tow, but did not manage to snap any photos. Strangely, this KUA had SYDNEY on the EDS, despite Sydney buses being blue, which makes me unable to decide if it will be driven over to Victoria from Sydney.

All this was actually a few days back, and I believe the buses are already being shipped over to Australia.

https://imgur.com/a/J1goIGY

I have uploaded a few photos of the KUBs to the above imgur album. Any info regarding these buses would be nice, thanks!
scott

Re: Orange Scania KUB spotted in Singapore

Post by scott »

The bus in the photo is a Gemilang bodied Scania K310UB for Transdev in Melbourne, that particular unit has been in service for 12 months now, but there is another batch in the pipeline.
eyeball

Post by eyeball »

Ahh, I see. And any information regarding the KUA?
Craig

Post by Craig »

A new Scania K310UA, Gemilang was sighted on the Westgate Freeway on 15 January, broken down on its delivery run.

It could be an addition as part of Transdev's new order of 100 new/replacement buses announced at the end of 2018, or alternatively a replacement for #118 which caught fire in October (only 3 years old so possibly replaced quickly under warranty?)

See the 2018 Transdev Observations Thread - http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... &start=100

Kind Regards

Craig :-)
Craig

Post by Craig »

#180 & #181 are a second pair of Scania K360UA Gemilang artics for Transdev, now six artics in the fleet for DART. I understand #118 is still undergoing major repairs after a bus fire in the City last year.

#181 has been added as registered to the fleet list and I believe #180 will also be in service very shortly.

Kind Regards

Craig :-)
Enviro 500
Favourite Vehicle: Scania N113CRB

Post by Enviro 500 »

They look like the ones currently in service with SBS Transit. Anyway, didn't Gemilang open a manufacturing branch in Melbourne as well?
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Gemilang have a facility in Ballarat, which is 1.5 hours from Melbourne, in partnership with a local firm.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Enviro 500
Favourite Vehicle: Scania N113CRB

Post by Enviro 500 »

1whoknows wrote:Gemilang have a facility in Ballarat, which is 1.5 hours from Melbourne, in partnership with a local firm.
It seems like their Australian partners have taken full control now.

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”