Timetable project of mine

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

busdriver12
Favourite Vehicle: One that doesn't break down!

Re: Timetable project of mine

Post by busdriver12 »

shinjiman wrote:"Bus Timetable 87" exists on 20171119, 20180128 and now 20181007, as the composited timetables along Morrison Road Midland.

Routes included in this timetable are 313, 314, 315, 323, 324, 325 and 327.

As described before this timetable will be updated as a pair from Bus Timetable 86.
Thanks for that. I recall thinking at the time not another composite timetable (I find them pointless to be honest). There are no links to them on the Transperth timetable page and was able to get copies by getting them from the url of them. I am slowly working my way through the changes of 7 Oct (there were 37 of them) and will incorporate this one into that when done.
Phil

All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

Latest lot for 7th October. One omission I've noted with the stand changes in St Georges Tce is the 930 (Timetable 208). This has not been reprinted to show the new stands so I've noted it in the pending section of the spreadsheet.

I've also included the composite
Timetable 87 and it's history - interestingly, there is no direct link to it on the Transperth web site.
Phil

All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

This project of yours is an invaluable resource when I start thinking about unfamiliar runs, or runs now relegated to the dustbin of history. Thanks!
shinjiman

Post by shinjiman »

Just crawled around the archive.org, seems some of the older timetables can be found in there. :D
  • 2006 or before All types (filter with MIME Type: application/pdf)
  • 2003-2006 All types (filter with MIME Type: application/pdf)
  • 2007-2014 PDFs
  • 2014-current PDFs
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Yes, some of them. Unfortunately, there is very little information on timetables that can be quickly found prior to 2003 as a lot of documents then were given URL links using document upload reference numbers, meaning that to find out which is which requires a lot of opening first (often to one's dismay). Also prior to 2003, timetables were found by website -> Timetables menu -> Timetable categorisation -> Timetable link -> Separate inks to front/back page. Most Wayback Archive crawls never crawled the back page, meaning that route maps were lost. Some timetables were later uploaded as whole PDFs but the archive never crawled any with exception to Armadale 4 and Armadale 11.
From October 2002, timetables were re-categorised to be based on geographical relation to Perth (Northern, Western etc.) rather than the previous basis on major centres (Joondalup, Fremantle etc.). A guide to which timetable became which and what routes they contained is available here: Transperth's New Timetables

And on that note, does anyone have maps of the 8-12(?) series of routes, which as I understand were fairly long through routes from Nedlands to Beckenham, and the long series of routes that ran to the domestic airport?

EDIT: I do believe I forgot that this was Busdriver12's timetable project thread, I do apologise. A part of me thought this was the obscure timetables/bus routes thread. Apologies to those involved.
Last edited by Bus Suggestions on Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
shinjiman

Post by shinjiman »

Bus Suggestions wrote:Yes, some of them. Unfortunately, there is very little information on timetables that can be quickly found prior to 2003 as a lot of documents then were given URL links using document upload reference numbers, meaning that to find out which is which requires a lot of opening first (often to one's dismay). Also prior to 2003, timetables were found by website -> Timetables menu -> Timetable categorisation -> Timetable link -> Separate inks to front/back page. Most Wayback Archive crawls never crawled the back page, meaning that route maps were lost. Some timetables were later uploaded as whole PDFs but the archive never crawled any with exception to Armadale 4 and Armadale 11.
From October 2002, timetables were re-categorised to be based on geographical relation to Perth (Northern, Western etc.) rather than the previous basis on major centres (Joondalup, Fremantle etc.). A guide to which timetable became which and what routes they contained is available here: Transperth's New Timetables

And on that note, does anyone have maps of the 8-12(?) series of routes, which as I understand were fairly long through routes from Nedlands to Beckenham, and the long series of routes that ran to the domestic airport?
I only remembered the route 8-13 were in Fremantle 18 timetable before separated into 8,10,12 (South Eastern 14) and route 26 (Western 44) respectively.

P.S. Looks Phil's Dropbox link was broken and no longer have access so far. :(
Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Post by Off The Rails »

You can access the spreadsheets through some links on page 2, if the links in his sig isn't working.

Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

My timetable collection goes back to early 2000's when pdf versions of timetables started appearing on the Transperth web site. Back in those days, timetables were in the Fremantle Midland Armadale Joondalup series .

As for the broken links in my sig, I'll look into fixing that as Dropbox appears to have changed the way files are shared publicly (again!).
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

My timetable collection goes back to early 2000's when pdf versions of timetables started appearing on the Transperth web site. Back in those days, timetables were in the Fremantle Midland Armadale Joondalup series .

As for the broken links in my sig, I'll look into fixing that as Dropbox appears to have changed the way files are shared publicly (again!).
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

Bus Suggestions wrote: And on that note, does anyone have maps of the 8-12(?) series of routes, which as I understand were fairly long through routes from Nedlands to Beckenham, and the long series of routes that ran to the domestic airport?
The only electronic version of those routes I have are in the Armadale 14 timetable (dated 21/7/02) which only has the 8 10 and 12 running between WSBS and Bentley/Beckenham. This is a shortening (breaking up) of most through routed services not long after Swan Transit took over the contract from Perth Bus.

I do have an paper version somewhere but it'll be on paper somewhere. Basically, the
8-13 were through routed services which on the western end had a terminus at Karella St Nedlands for the even numbered services and the other was at Royal Perth Rehab Hospital in Shenton Park for the odd numbered services. On the eastern end, you had the Beckenham terminus in Solar St for the 8 9 12 and 13 and the Bentley terminus in Hedley St (now Hedley Pl) opposite the Bentley library. The 12 and 13 were a combined route on the eastern end going via Bentley and terminating in Beckenham. I've scanned a route map from my 1996 Metrobus driver's manual which would have been taken from timetable A2 at the time.

The eagle eyed of you may spot where the zone boundary is in E Vic Park at the time. That zone boundaruy was moved to it's present day location at Albany/Leach Hwy intersection when the Mandurah line was commissioned in December 2007.

HTH

IMG_20191118_0001sm.jpg
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

I believe the download link in my sig is fixed (for now). It appears Dropbox have changed the way files are shared which more than likely created the dead link. I'll admit I am way behind in the project at present as I made the change to Linux on my home PC and it has taken a lot of my available spare time of late. As a result of the change of OS, I will more than likely change the format of the spreadsheet from Microsoft Excel to Libre Office Calc format, but that is a way off for now. Once I get the latest changes included in the project, it'll go to Dropbox and I'll post here.

:)
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

Just a further note to mention that despite the lack of activity in this forum these days, this project is still on going. Latest version is always in my sig.
Phil

shinjiman

Post by shinjiman »

Bus Timetable 75 had a minor change for the route 376, where its map was drawn on the other side on The Boulevard, Landsdale. The new one was dated 15/03/2020.
busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

Update:

I have let this project slide for the better portion of this year and am quite a way behind. Since becoming a Linux enthusiast last year, it has dominated most of my spare devoted to computers. As my main PC now runs Linux instead of Windows 7, I only have a Windows 10 laptop and I find laptop keyboards a pain to use so it's taking longer that I'd like. I have decided to keep the spreadsheet in MS Excel format as that's the format most people will have.

:D
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

I've noticed Bus Timetable 87 (Midland/Stratton/Swan View composite) appears to have fallen off the perch. Attempting to acquire by trying

https://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/timeta ... 200816.pdf

yields a 404 response. Mind you, I've never been a fan of these as I see them as pointless duplications. Bus timetables 6 and 42 should suffer the same fate IMHO :|

I'll be removing it from the database from the next release
Phil

shinjiman

Post by shinjiman »

busdriver12 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:36 pm I've noticed Bus Timetable 87 (Midland/Stratton/Swan View composite) appears to have fallen off the perch. Attempting to acquire by trying

https://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/timeta ... 200816.pdf

yields a 404 response. Mind you, I've never been a fan of these as I see them as pointless duplications. Bus timetables 6 and 42 should suffer the same fate IMHO :|

I'll be removing it from the database from the next release
Could it be Transperth forgot to update the composited timetables? The last available timetable for Timetable 87 was in 21/07/2019 which can be assessed here.
busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

shinjiman wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:38 am Could it be Transperth forgot to update the composited timetables? The last available timetable for Timetable 87 was in 21/07/2019 which can be assessed here.
I think this one may have been abandoned and someone has forgotten to remove it from the site. The other composite timetables I mentioned 6 (alongside 1 17 and 18) and 43 (alongside 42) have matching dates and are listed on the web site. No biggie - I'll just put it back in if it get's updated.

Thanks!
Phil

Enviro 500
Favourite Vehicle: Scania N113CRB

Post by Enviro 500 »

Wasn't Northern 56 another composite timetable?
Bus Suggestions

No; Northern 56 held routes 15, 276, 277 and 278. 276 and 278 combined to form route 403, and 277 became the 404. After Swan took Marmion in 2011, the 403 and 404 moved to Northern 58 with 402 and 15 stayed on Northern 56.

Timetable 57 (formerly Northern 57) is the composite of timetables 72 (384), 81 (387-389) and 82 (385-386).
busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

FWIW, I was in Elizabeth Quay BS yesterday and had a look at the timetable rack and saw copies of Bus Timetable 87 dated 2/9/20. I double checked this on the web site and it is still not listed.
Phil

Bus Suggestions

Would just like to point out busdriver12, the sig link doesn't seem to be working. I get this error each time, even after I sign in:
DropboxErr.png
DropboxErr.png (77.99 KiB) Viewed 5795 times
busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

Bus Suggestions wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:35 am Would just like to point out busdriver12, the sig link doesn't seem to be working. I get this error each time, even after I sign in:
Apologies for that - Dropbox has changed the url for the file since I last updated it. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it changes with each update (which will be a pain). The link in the sig should work now - click the download link in the top right of the screen. The on screen display from the link is horrible - looks like it's using some sort of google interface to view the file. Works fine in Excel (I've opened it successfully in Libre Office) once downloaded.
Phil

busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

Bus Suggestions wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:35 am Would just like to point out busdriver12, the sig link doesn't seem to be working. I get this error each time, even after I sign in:
Apologies for that - Dropbox has changed the url for the file since I last updated it. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it changes with each update (which will be a pain). The link in the sig should work now - click the download link in the top right of the screen. The on screen display from the link is horrible - looks like it's using some sort of google interface to view the file. Works fine in Excel (I've opened it successfully in Libre Office) once downloaded.

Keep an eye on the date in the sig as that will indicate any changes. I'm still working my way through to the current time. Can't believe the amount of changes this year - 11/10 changes are huge!

PS If someone is successful in retrieving the file, could you make a quick post letting me know? Ta
Phil

Bus Suggestions

Thanks bd12, the link does work now. I agree, the Dropbox interface isn't very good in displaying the file, particularly when it comes to the additional information notes. Spectacular format when viewed through Excel.
busdriver12

Post by busdriver12 »

I've finally got the project up to date. There are a lot of changes for 11/10/20 and took a lot of sifting through to get everything in. I've done a lot of checking and double checking, but if you find any errors or omissions, please let me know.

Details in the sig. Enjoy! :)
Phil

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”