Private Observations - July to December 2018

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Campbelltown busboy

Re: Private Observations - July to December 2018

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Bjwh86 wrote:Spotted Hillsbus 6529 Bustech CDi on a T65 from Rouse Hill to Parramatta this morning. Looks like more routes are being slowly allocated double deckers now.
The ideal thing for these for Hillsbus to do with their CDIs is to transfer them to Northmead and use them on the M60
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Why post about a posable Transdev transfer in this thread when there’s a Transdev transfers thread in the bus fleet changes section
http://busaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12
Because that post wasn't about a depot or a number change; 2006 as far as I know is still in South Granville. If it was a depot change then I would post it there. I was actually talking about the presence of a South Granville bus on a route that I'm pretty sure was only run by the Bankstown Airport depot which hasn't seen a Volgren CR228L since before May last year. Maybe the M90 is run partly by South Granville now, maybe not.
Last edited by BanksfielderIdiot823 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Campbelltown busboy wrote:
Bjwh86 wrote:Spotted Hillsbus 6529 Bustech CDi on a T65 from Rouse Hill to Parramatta this morning. Looks like more routes are being slowly allocated double deckers now.
The ideal thing for these for Hillsbus to do with their CDIs is to transfer them to Northmead and use them on the M60
I saw an announcement from RMS earlier this week that T65 had been "approved" for d/d services.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
swtt

Post by swtt »

boronia wrote: I saw an announcement from RMS earlier this week that T65 had been "approved" for d/d services.

https://www.facebook.com/NSWRoads/video ... =2&theater
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

Not StationLink related, but I suspect started around the same time as it, but noticed that CDC were operating a 992 St Leonards bus, presumably an Optus employee service based on the numbering as there was no signage or otherwise on the bus itself being a Volgren Optimus bodied bus.

Would probably make sense if there were enough Optus employees who used to take the train in that direction.
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
Bjwh86

Post by Bjwh86 »

It seems Busways are still having issues with their drivers on the sunday T75 Rouse Hill loop service.

Alot of drivers are still skipping the loop section of this route and terminating their services at the rouse hill shopping village then running directly back to the Town Cente via windsor rd.

To me it seems strange that this still happens yet nothing gets done to fix this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Has anyone reported it to TfNSW?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

The only remaining Canary Yellow bus at Penrith was on the 775 last night not seen it in service for weeks
Bjwh86

Post by Bjwh86 »

boronia wrote:Has anyone reported it to TfNSW?
Many times and also to the local MP but yet the issue remains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Think I may of spotted from some distance an ex Brisbane City Council low floor bus in Newcastle this morning with the old BCC (Brisbane City Council) livery applied to it. I was at the Interchange and looked towards Hunter Street (so I was a little far off) when I saw what appeared to be a shaped like a bus with of course the BCC livery applied to it. Maybe I'm imaging things and it could be anything but I wonder if PSC have purchased anymore withdrawn Scania's L94UB's from BCC recently.

Would be nice to add to my collection if it's definitely a BCC bus and still has it's original livery applied to it.

I know PSC's have some Scania L94UB's ex BCC but none have the old livery applied to it anymore and this definitely looked like it was wearing the livery. Unfortunately I didn't see it again for the remainder of the day.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

I had my first trip on Nowra Coaches 102 (ex 732) to Bay and Basin today since the last kerfuffle a couple of years ago about accessibility on the useless CB80 Cargo. Of course I didn't expect the buses would be changed since they have many years to go on their life cycle, but nothing has changed.

Very busy run, over 80% of the clientele would be over 60 and most of the young ones have a pram attached, far more than the tiny low-floor can handle. There are just six seats on the low-floor and another seven one step up. On today's trip these were all immediately fully filled but the boarding of a couple of prams early in the journey took out all the floor-level seats with their former occupants struggling to mount seats on the first couple of stairs. The back of the bus was completely empty until a couple of young people boarded later. So the front of the bus was like a Bondi run and the back full of fresh air.

Of course one can't blame a manufacturer for making a model available, though they could be much more thoughtful about design, but one does wonder about an operator or agency not bothering to take even a cursory glance at their customer profile and basing their vehicle-selection decision on that.

And before anybody mentions musical instruments, they have plenty of buses in their fleet with underfloor bins!

Edit: I forgot to mention that since my last trip on the CB80 they've replaced one of the seats in the low-floor area with a luggage bin, leaving nine seats, six of them flip-up in the pram/wheelchair spaces.
neilrex

Post by neilrex »

I am not sure which thread it was on, the bus with the all-over advertising for Dooley's bar at Lidcombe was spotted at Pymble on Sunday, rail replacement presumably,, and it was impossible to see in the windows at all, I could not even tell if it was full, or not.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Busways penrith up-to their usual tricks and not cleaning the bus m/o9404 still had last nights jack Daniel's bottles on it aboard the 774 this morning.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Just spotted a 993E service to Optus Centre via E-ramp service, operated by Hillsbus!

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
Bovways

Post by Bovways »

swtt wrote:Just spotted a 993E service to Optus Centre via E-ramp service, operated by Hillsbus!
These started many years ago, not long after the Herring Road off ramp from the M2 started. This supplemented and eventually replaced the regular 993 services which operated via Lane Cove Tunnel, Epping Rd, Wicks and Waterloo Rds, picking up from Macquarie Park station on the way through.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

neilrex wrote:I am not sure which thread it was on, the bus with the all-over advertising for Dooley's bar at Lidcombe was spotted at Pymble on Sunday, rail replacement presumably,, and it was impossible to see in the windows at all, I could not even tell if it was full, or not.
Dooleys AOA, rail replacement; Yeah, that probably would've been Transdev's 5019. I meentioned about it earlier in this thread.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Nice to see more TNSW liveried buses and MAN CB30's out and about around Maitland during the last week of NSW school holidays

Also nice to see the the afternoon 3:15 PM Singleton Heights 180 bus turn temporary from a custom coaches 550 operating it to a Volvo B7RLE Volgren CR228L (this run is operated by the Thornton Depot even outside of School Holidays of an Afternoon hence it being a Volvo Volgren which Singleton has none of currently) Usually 7601 MO is scheduled to do this run.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
idontknow556

Post by idontknow556 »

I noticed that there are a lot of pale metrobuses on M92 today. Wonder if the normal Transdev buses supplement the station link ones.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

What is a pale Metrobus?
Living in the Shire.
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Post by Richard290 »

Fleet Lists wrote:What is a pale Metrobus?
A white standard Transdev bus running an M92 service.
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The normal Red buses would certainly not be supplementing station link buses. I did see two red ones on routes 961 and 962 this morning.
Living in the Shire.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Fleet Lists wrote:What is a pale Metrobus?
The red paint has faded or the driver is not feeling well :P
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

Noticed a couple of Coastaliner's non-TfNSW liveried Iveco buses in Sydney on rail replacement services. Accreditation has been changed to Hunter Valley Buses (with some obscure suburb, not Warnervale or Morisset) but still with Coastaliner signwriting, so no CDC rebranding yet.
m/o 6234
Favourite Vehicle: Scania/MAN A69

Post by m/o 6234 »

Halloran is on the accredition which is the suburb coastal liner depo is in.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

Linto63 wrote:Noticed a couple of Coastaliner's non-TfNSW liveried Iveco buses in Sydney on rail replacement services. Accreditation has been changed to Hunter Valley Buses (with some obscure suburb, not Warnervale or Morisset) but still with Coastaliner signwriting, so no CDC rebranding yet.
Dare I ask what is a CDC rebranding and whether there are any vehicles in NSW with the rebranding ? From what I see it's either TNSW blue & white, all white (with perhaps a sticker up front eg BM Transit), canary yellow, or the livery of an acquired operator with previous titles removed or altered. I know the intention is the blue/orange CDC logo (on a white bus I guess), but are there any examples in NSW. Saw one of the new TV registered Volvo Volgren Endura's of Charterplus in Katoomba today, all white, no logo's - the accreditation gave it away. Wonder what Narrabri or Coffs Harbour (ex Forest) will end up looking like.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”