New TransportNSW.info Website

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Post by Fleet Lists »

The timetables I could not get before are now back with some significant changes:-
The name of the operator is now again shown in the timetable which will make some people happy.
When selecting another date, the previous and next date options no longer appear to be present.
I suspect there are others but those are two I noticed at a quick glance.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

A few others I have noticed:-
The hidden stops facility in timetables is now also working for Sydney Buses and Busways.
A scrolling problem with timetables 13 columns in width has been corrected.
When changing dates in a timetable under some circumstances an incorrect date was displayed in the timetable concerned. This has been corrected by no longer showing the date concerned which is not really important.
These are all items which I had reported to them at some time.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

A couple of other changes:
Where a trip after midnight is shown in the paper timetable after earlier trips it will now also be shown as such in Transport Info instead of at the beginning of the next day.
When typing in a route number for a timetable request it is no longer necessary to click on the equivalent route number in the drop down box for the request to work.
Living in the Shire.
Tallewang

Post by Tallewang »

It now has the very annoying feature where you go to trip planner, enter the destination, see the options, click on the map, click the browser back button, and it takes you back to the very first page. To see the second option, you have to type the destination name in, all over again.
Tallewang

Post by Tallewang »

It also has a list of all of the bus stops ! Seven thumbs up !
kypros1992

Post by kypros1992 »

Another update. The only unique thing is that now every service (private or public) can be provided as a PDF
https://www.transportnsw.info/timetables#/
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

That is a major change - not only can every service be provided as a PDF, but it seems that it is the ONLY way.
Light rail is route L1 and contrary to thew previous version, a timetable is now again provided.

And hopefully the main bus timetable bug where trips were shown out of sequence, sometimes some stops shown in the wrong trip, has been resolved. This is something I have in touch with them about ever the version started and they have kept telling me that it would be resolved sometime in the future.

Easter show routes there seems to a problem wit them as I get a message "Something went wrong and we can’t process your request. Please try again later."
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Also bus timetables no longer stop numbers but there is a new https://www.transportnsw.info/stops#/ page where you can enter a stop number and it will display the location.
Living in the Shire.
rogf24

Post by rogf24 »

You could get full timetables for every route on the old website as well (including Metrobus routes). But it would only be available as an Excel spreadsheet rather than a pdf.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

The new website is nice and fresh. Only bug I can see is that sometimes when scrolling down the header stays with you instead of hiding like it should. A quick scroll up seems to fix it, but it's a tad annoying.
jake_s_258

Post by jake_s_258 »

Noticed that all Transdev southern routes have PDF timetables for 'April to June' and a current timetable. Comparing both versions for a few routes, I can't see any difference. Is there something I'm missing or just a bug in the new site?
Picture1.png
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Quite a few routes have that. The M41 for one, and I think the 333 too.

Not sure why.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The current timetables are school holiday timetables while the April to June ones cover the second school term after which in due course the school holiday timetables will again come for the next two weeks.
They appear to have done this for all Metropolitan bus timetables whether there are any differences between the two or not.

Last week the current timetables related to the previous school term with timetables for the school holidays were present with dates.

When I first looked up some timetables on Monday there were only current ones but since then they have gradually been uploading the next term ones with the new date range. I dont know whether that has been completed yet.

A much bigger problem relates to country train and coach timetables where most timetables do not appear to be present.
Living in the Shire.
jake_s_258

Post by jake_s_258 »

Fleet Lists wrote:The current timetables are school holiday timetables while the April to June ones cover the second school term after which in due course the school holiday timetables will again come for the next two weeks.
Ah that makes sense then thanks. Strange they would bother for the (majority of) routes which have no differences at all between school and non-school term.
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

mandonov wrote:The new website is nice and fresh. Only bug I can see is that sometimes when scrolling down the header stays with you instead of hiding like it should. A quick scroll up seems to fix it, but it's a tad annoying.
Only problem I have is finding the nextbus section now.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I just noticed something interesting in the Forest Coach Lines website. They now include their Coffs Harbour route timetables but guess what, they are the Transport Info copies and not company issued ones. So is this the beginning of companies no longer showing their own pdf timetables on their website?

Also these routes are shown as being operated by Sawtell Coaches. Routes are 362, 362W, 362C, 363 and 364.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I just received an email fom Transport Info advising that as the result of a submission I had made to them, they have totally changed the way timetables are selected on the new website as from today.

Until I received the email, I had not noticed it as I have a permanent page open to select timetables which I had not refreshed for a while.

And also and what they did not mention that the route maps which had disappeared with the new website, are now back.

This is a big improvement although there are still a few issues with country train and coach timetables.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another change is that if there are multiple versions of a timetable such as currently STA has current timetables and ones starting 4th June, they no longer show in the overall selection list. Once a timetable is selected, the multiple versions are then displayed as well choice of timetable or map.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

With the new system as from today I have found something which so far has only happened when I have selected routes 195 and 196 in that if I select the timetable for route 195, it displays details of 5 timetables from which you can select

Unfortunately they do not display what the various route numbers are but they are 195 itself 195/6 and three Forest school routes starting with 195.

The same sort of thing for route 196 except that it does not show the 195/6 as it would not recognize it.

I have not been able to do this with any other timetables.

I wonder what the criteria are to get combinations of timetables like this.
Attachments
Screenshot 2017-05-31 18.51.14.png
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

I've just noted that the site (& whatever the equivalent was) now only shows times for up to two weeks in advance, instead of a month, as it use to be.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I have just noticed that the current new format Sydney Ferry timetables are wider than the bus timetables and hence would not be printable as A4 but as from 18th June they are the same width as the bus ones.
Living in the Shire.
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Post by Richard290 »

I have sent TfNSW some feedback regarding outdated information on their bus timetables, asking them to fix errors in the new terminii of some routes.
The routes in question are
628 - Norwest Business Park to Macquarie Park (as of 7 November 2016 has since been extended to Chatswood)
252 - City - King Street Wharf to Lane Cove West (as of 4 June 2017 has since been extended to Gladesville)
295- North Epping to Macquarie Centre (as of 4 June 2017 has since been truncated to Epping)

Last year I sent them feedback regarding the change in Route 290's City terminus on 5 September 2016 (from King Street Wharf to Erskine Street) and a customer service staff member called me up and asked me to explain the feedback. They happily fixed the error within a few days - glad to see that TfNSW are open to feedback from users and the odd transport enthusiast alike!
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Richard290 wrote: glad to see that TfNSW are open to feedback from users and the odd transport enthusiast alike!
Only if you act like you're as thick as a brick and don't give away that you know enough to (politely) challenge the bs they are feeding you or ask too many technical questions. Otherwise you can guarantee that they won't contact you again next time around.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Well I must be thick as I am getting a lot of feedback from them.
Living in the Shire.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Fleet Lists wrote:Well I must be thick as I am getting a lot of feedback from them.
You are possibly acting at a different level of discretion from me!

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”