Bus Routes - What would you do if you were in charge?

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Re: Bus Routes - What would you do if you were in charge?

Post by Bus Suggestions »

^ I would also like to add that the original comment I made about those routes is because the 23, 102 and 107 all originally serviced the old Wellington Street Bus Station, however were never returned to Perth Busport since it opened.
Transperth routes grouped by contract area can be found here. Current as at 2/11/2020.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses

Post by Merc1107 »

Bus Suggestions wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:04 am R Kings Park Rd to resume current route to Fremantle.
Turning left there is pretty tricky in the peak with a bus - wouldn't want to do the right turn in a bus without some alteration to the intersection.
busdriver12
Favourite Vehicle: One that doesn't break down!

Post by busdriver12 »

Enviro 500 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:38 pm [202/203 and 231/232 are also considered circular routes. Think there are a couple of similar routes in Mandurah too.
Not forgetting the 240 241 and 250 which are also circular routes.
Phil

My timetable info can be found here Current as at 15/11/20.
Contract area for 2020 can be found here

All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
Enviro 500
Favourite Vehicle: Scania N113CRB

Post by Enviro 500 »

I think 75 and 177 should swap packages as it makes more sense for CV to supply 75 fleet considering this route terminates there and traverses heavily into Swan Transit's territory. Ideally, Canning and Kalamunda should be under a single command area, ie operating on the same radio network.
shinjiman

Bus Routes - What would you do if you were in charge?

Post by shinjiman »

Enviro 500 wrote:I think 75 and 177 should swap packages as it makes more sense for CV to supply 75 fleet considering this route terminates there and traverses heavily into Swan Transit's territory. Ideally, Canning and Kalamunda should be under a single command area, ie operating on the same radio network.
When I remembers for the pre-July 2004, there were routes 10/12 (11/13 for even further pre 2002) and 175 which were their preceding route from current routes 177 and 75 respectively.

While from that period, route 10/12 were in the Welshpool/Claremont contract, and route 175 was in Canning contract
Enviro 500
Favourite Vehicle: Scania N113CRB

Post by Enviro 500 »

shinjiman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:29 pm
Enviro 500 wrote:I think 75 and 177 should swap packages as it makes more sense for CV to supply 75 fleet considering this route terminates there and traverses heavily into Swan Transit's territory. Ideally, Canning and Kalamunda should be under a single command area, ie operating on the same radio network.
When I remembers for the pre-July 2004, there were routes 10/12 (11/13 for even further pre 2002) and 175 which were their preceding route from current routes 177 and 75 respectively.

While from that period, route 10/12 were in the Welshpool/Claremont contract, and route 175 was in Canning contract
All the more reinforces my point I put across in another topic that the incumbent in Kalamunda should also have Canning and Southern River, with a similar structure of global running as Claremont/Marmion/Joondalup that minimises dead runs.

As for the Freo CAT, it should be defunded. The Red Cat can be operated by private contractors not affiliated with PTA (think Purple Coach, Westwide and the like) in a similar fashion as the Cott Cat while the Blue Cat, being heavily duplicated by local bus routes, can be withdrawn. Additionally, a FTZ surrounded by South Terrace, Ord Street and Queen Victoria Street can be set up.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

The ROute 66 will be withdrawn and be replaced with additional Route 950 buses during peak hour from EQBS to Morley. I think there is duplication with the Route 950. THe Route 66 shares the same bus stop as Route 950. Perhaps if they throw in limited stops for the Route 950, which would service well along the Perth-Morley Route.
Reroute the Route 67. Instead of driving along Beaufort St, the bus should travel along Central Avenue. This will provide more access to bus services along Central Ave. As the bus approaches the roundabout, the bus will turn right onto Hamer Parade. The bus will continue to drive along Walter Rd W. As the bus approaches Grand Prom, the bus will turn left and continue its normal journey to Mirrabooka.
pasha241

Post by pasha241 »

For me continued with 449 change route.

449 Warwick - Dayton (Via Beach Rd & Marshall Rd)

Malaga Extension
449 Will extended to Dayton from Malaga. This bus will Terminated at Dayton Community centre.
From Warwick
Continued normal Rd until Malaga, Marshall Rd, R Beechboro Rd, L Bridgeman Dr, L Waterway Ps, R Bennet Springs Dr, L Altone Rd, R Marshall Rd, Dayton Bvd, R Arthur St, Community Centre
To Warwick
Arthur Rd, L Dayton Bvd, Marshall Rd, L Altone Rd, R Bennett Springs Dr, L Waterway Ps, R Bridgeman Dr, R Beechboro Rd, L Marshall Rd, Continued normal 449 route.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lm1YEA ... sp=sharing

MidlandExtension
and also will had additional school service morning and afternoon that extend to Midland Station.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KP15Ko ... sp=sharing
esperanceguy47

Post by esperanceguy47 »

Shoudy Chen wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:33 pm The ROute 66 will be withdrawn and be replaced with additional Route 950 buses during peak hour from EQBS to Morley. I think there is duplication with the Route 950. THe Route 66 shares the same bus stop as Route 950. Perhaps if they throw in limited stops for the Route 950, which would service well along the Perth-Morley Route.
Reroute the Route 67. Instead of driving along Beaufort St, the bus should travel along Central Avenue. This will provide more access to bus services along Central Ave. As the bus approaches the roundabout, the bus will turn right onto Hamer Parade. The bus will continue to drive along Walter Rd W. As the bus approaches Grand Prom, the bus will turn left and continue its normal journey to Mirrabooka.
Yeah nah, there's already 950s running from Morley every 2 mins in the morning peak, even limited stop is overdone... and the 67 should stay to service the folk along Beaufort St, who need to utilise it to get to Dianella Plaza & Mirrabooka; pax can always get off at Walter Rd or Alexander Drive if they want to use other services; there just needs to be more 6768s from Perth in the evening peak between 5-6.30pm.
Formerly known as 'esperanceguy' until I was accidentally banned :roll: , and then reinstated, at the end of July 2019
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

Reroute the Route 75. There is a bit of duplication with the ROute 72 from the city to Curtin. After the bus drives from Vic Park Bus Station, the bus should turn right onto Albany Hwy and drive past Victoria Park Shopping Centre. The bus would turn right onto McMillan St (to cater for more services along the road). Route 284 doesn't operate on WEekends and Public Holidays. THe bus would turn left onto Berwick Street. The bus should turn right onto Canterbury Terrace and left onto Devenish St. The bus would turn right onto Riverview Road and turn left onto Jarrah Road. After that, the bus would continue driving along Adie Court and continue its service to curtin. The bus would then continue its service down to Canning Vale.

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”