Bus Routes - What would you do if you were in charge?

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

Off The Rails
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Re: Bus Routes - What would you do if you were in charge?

Post by Off The Rails »

Here's one I thought about...

Route 248 - Armadale Station to Hilbert (Lexington Ave)
From Armadale Station Stand 2
L onto Commerce Ave, L Forrest Rd, L Weatherly Way, L Parkhurst Ave, R Eleventh Rd, R Rowley Rd, R Allwood Ave, L Vermillon Bvd, R Rowley Rd, R Hopkinson Rd, continue as Rowley Rd, L Lexington Ave to a stop before Fenchurch Drive.

Operating hours & Frequency
To Armadale Station
M-F: 6am to 7pm, half hourly to 7am, 15 mins to 8am, half hourly to 9am, hourly to 3pm, half hourly to last service
Sat: 8am to 6pm, hourly
Sun: 9am to 5pm, hourly
To Hilbert
M-F: 7:30am to 8pm, half hourly to 9am, hourly to 3pm, half hourly to 4:30pm, 15 mins to 6pm, half hourly to 7pm, and 8pm
Sat: 7:30am to 5:30pm, hourly
Sun: 8:30am to 5:30pm, hourly

Reasoning for route - serves new housing estates in Hilbert, while also serving existing estates and areas not served by a route.

Cheers! :wink:
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Second last person to tag off the last timetabled 16 - 23/08/19.
Last person to tag off a Transdev Joondalup service - 19/1/20.
pasha241

Post by pasha241 »

one interesting proposal that i planning to make

Extend 449 to Beechboro from Malaga

Proposal 1: Extend to Springs Shopping Centre
Route will extend to Springs Shopping Centre from Malaga via: Marshall Rd, R Beechbooro Rd and vice versa

Reason for extending - To make new connection between Beechbooro/Bennett springs to Malaga/Ballajura because these area is close each other but dont have link connection (they must to go morley first then catch 344). Also this is good for Beechbooro resident whose school is in area like Malaga, Mirrabooka.

Proposal 2: Extend futher to Beechboro, Sacramento Av (341, 342, 343)
Route will extend to Springs Shopping Centre from Malaga via: Marshall Rd, R Beechbooro Rd, L St Lawrance Dr, L Amazon Dr, L Sacramento Av and vice versa

Reason for extending - same with the top but it more useful for beechboro area that serve by 341, 342)
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

I think the eventual proposal with the Ellenbrook Line might be to have the 449 extended to Malaga Station, and potentially the 341-343 routes as well. But as of current, I don't think it's a bad idea to run it out to Beechboro, connecting to the 341-343 there, or even Bennett Springs.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Bus Suggestions

As I've completed the south-eastern component of my master plan, I figured I might just release it today. I have said this is the final version, however that's not entirely true: This is the final version of the pre-consultation plan. The plan itself will be changed as the routes change and the community (namely, ATDB members as this is where it is being shared) responds with suggestions, creating a community-built master plan.

South-Eastern Services (Routes 161-259)
Description
South-Eastern services are Armadale Line feeder routes or routes operated as part of the Canning and Southern River contract areas. Routes serving Curtin University will also fall under this category. Routes within this number range which do not fall under this category will be renumbered.

Routes
New Route 175: Cannington to Applecross via Curtin University and Canning Bridge Stn.
Service renumbered from route 100 to keep in-line with the route numbering system and extending to Kintail Rd in Applecross until terminating facilities are built at Canning Bridge Stn.
From Cannington: Current route to Canning Bridge, then continue straight along Canning Hwy, R Canning Beach Rd, L Kintail Rd to terminate at Kintail Rd before Moreau Mews.
To Cannington: Starting at Kintail Rd before Canning Hwy, R Canning Beach Rd, L Canning Hwy, continue straight to Canning Bridge Stn to resume current route to Cannington.

New Route 176: Curtin Central to Booragoon via Canning Bridge Stn.
Service renumbered from route 101 to keep in-line with the route numbering system and extending to Booragoon Bus Station.
From Curtin: Current route to Canning Bridge, then continue straight along Canning Hwy, L Riseley St, R Booragoon Bus Stn to terminate at Booragoon Bus Stn.
To Curtin: Starting at Stand B4 of Booragoon Bus Stn, L Riseley St, R Canning Hwy, continue straight into Canning Bridge Stn to resume current route to Curtin.
Services would be timed at Curtin Central to connect with the 209.

177 & 178
Time changes, with some additional trips on route 178 to replace some route 179 trips.

Time changes, with some trips now departing or terminating at Riverton Leisureplex. These trips will be covered by route 178, extended high frequency route 915 and new route 920.

Time changes.

Will now operate as a bidirectional route along its current route to the west of Station St, before terminating at the new East Cannington Station.*

Will now operate as a bidirectional route along its current route to the east of Station St, before terminating at the new East Cannington Station.*

Will no longer service Murdoch University, instead terminating at Murdoch Stn. Slight reduction in frequency from Murdoch to Livingston Marketplace. These trips would be covered by new High Frequency Route 920; see High Frequency Services section below.

Time changes and slight reduction in frequency from Murdoch Stn to Livingston Marketplace. These trips will be covered by new High Frequency Route 920; see High Frequency Services section below.

Time changes, slight increase in peak frequency and will extend to Murdoch University via Barry Marshall Pde and Discovery Wy, covering for route 206.

New Route 209: Curtin Central Bus Stn to Canning Vale via Wilson and Riverton.
Service renumbered from route 75, keeping in-line with the route numbering system, curtailing the route to run from Curtin Central to Canning Vale and transferred to Canning Contract to utilise Canning Vale Depot.
From Curtin Central: R University Blvd, R Hayman Rd, R Hayman Rd Transfer Station, then current route 75 to Canning Vale.
To Curtin Central: Current route 75 to Hayman Rd, then L Hayman Rd, L University Blvd, L Curtin Central Bus Stn to terminate at Curtin Central Bus Stn.
Services would be timed to connect with the 176 at Curtin Central.

210-212
Time changes to better connect with route 930 at Thornlie Stn and the Southern Circle Line.

Route curtailed to operate between Perth and Kelmscott, with trips between Kelmscott and Armadale transferred to route 249.

Potential time changes.

New Route 227: Gosnells Stn to Kenwick Stn via Maddington
To Kenwick: Via current route 228 to Maddington Village, then R Revesby St, R Alcock St, L Dellar St, R Maddington Rd, L Eva St, R Emerald Rd, L Bickley Rd, continue straight to Kenwick Rd, L Lalor Rd, L Belmont Rd, R Lalor Rd, R Park Rd and L Kenwick Rd to terminate at Kenwick Rd before Wanaping Rd.
To Kenwick: From Kenwick Rd before Wanaping Rd, R Wanaping Rd, R Park Rd, L Kenwick Rd, R Park Rd, L Lalor Rd, L Belmont Rd, R Lalor Rd, R Kenwick Rd, continue straight to Bickley Rd, R Emerald Rd, L Eva St, R Maddington Rd, L Dellar St, R Alcock St, L Revesby St, L Westfield St to follow current route 228 to Gosnells.

Time changes.

Major reroute in Maddington – will no longer traverse Dellar and Alcock Streets, instead continuing down Maddington Rd. Passengers along Dellar and Alcock Streets can catch new route 227.

231-232 (Gosnells Loop)
Time changes.

Time changes.

Major reroute to the north of the current catchment area.
To Roleystone: Current route to Albany Hwy, then L Church St, R River Rd, L Orlando Rd, continue straight to Canning Mills Rd, R Urch Rd, L Peet Rd, R Tyers Rd, L Holden Rd, R Chevin Rd, R Brooks Rd to terminate at Roleystone Community College S/B.
From Roleystone: From Roleystone Community College N/B, L Chevin Rd, L Holden Rd, R Tyers Rd, L Peet Rd, R Urch Rd, L Canning Mills Rd, continue straight to Orlando Rd, R River Rd, L Church St, R Albany Hwy to follow current route to Kelmscott Stn.
Services would operate as a large loop with new route 242, similar to Melbourne routes 494/495.

New Route 242: Kelmscott Stn to Roleystone via Brookton Hwy
To Roleystone: Via current route 241 to Brookton Hwy, then continue straight, L Westborne Rd, R George Rd, R Raeburn Rd, L Brooks Rd to terminate at Roleystone Community College N/B.
From Roleystone: From Roleystone Community College S/B, R Raeburn Rd, L George Rd, L Westborne Rd, R Brookton Hwy to follow current route 241 to Kelmscott Stn.
Services would operate as a large loop with route 241, similar to Melbourne routes 494/495.

243-245: Kelmscott West Feeders
Time changes to co-ordinate with train service time-changes as a result of the Morley Tunnel opening.

Additional trips to cover some deleted route 220 trips as a result of curtailing.

Time changes to co-ordinate with train service time-changes as a result of the Morley Tunnel opening.

251-254: Byford feeder services
These services are to be re-coordinated and reviewed as part of the Byford Extension for METRONET. Therefore, these services have not been reviewed as part of the PERTHMET review.

*These new stations are part of the PERTHMET Forrestfield-Beckenham Link project, part of the larger Southern Circle Line project. I realise I may not have released this on the ATDB, so I will aim to release it within the next few hours on the Armchair Operators/Fantasy Networks section. I have already released it on SkyscraperCity Forum to gauge different levels of consultation on there.
PaxInfo

Post by PaxInfo »

Question: What is the Route 920?
Are you being served? Service aspects of public transport in Melbourne http://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com & MelbOnTransit on Twitter.
Bus Suggestions

It is a new route (only in my plan, I expect it is not in the PTA plans) to operate roughly in the inner south-east corridor, between Perth CBD and the Canning Vale area. I see that it can be confusing slowly releasing parts of a plan with changes of one route correlating to another route that hasn't been released yet, however I have chosen to release parts slowly as some parts take longer to work on than others. Also comes to personal preference, I prefer small chunks being released rather than the entire thing in one large chunk.
Squiddy

Post by Squiddy »

How would a 900-series route from the city to Canning Vale work?

Wouldn't you be mirroring the 930 for most of the route? I don't really see the point when there are ample feeder services in that area connecting to the Mandurah and Thornlie train lines, not to mention the Cockburn-Thornlie link coming in a few years. The 75 is a pretty quiet service as it is, I don't get the idea of adding more city-bound services in the area, especially not high-frequency ones.
sylar

Post by sylar »

My idea is only a small one but heck it would improve the 565 Stockland Baldivis deviation immensely. The current deviation (red route on picture) is heavily congested south bound on Settlers Ave, the bus drivers always struggle to find an opening to turn right onto Settlers Ave from Atwick Tce and there is a street sign on the opposite side of Settlers Ave which regularly gets hit by the bus side mirror due to the tight right turn.

My proposal (green route on picture) would be to relocate the bus stop from from Atwick Tce (yellow dot) to Settlers Ave (yellow dot) north bound which is far more less congested and is directly opposite one of the shopping center entrances and the 565 deviate left onto Settlers Ave northbound from Safety Bay Rd, follow Settlers Ave northbound all the way around until it turns left onto Nairn Drive, proceed through the round about back onto the normal 565 route.

This would make it safer for all road users in the area, more convenient and safer for passengers using the bus stop and less frustrating for the bus drivers.
Attachments
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (270.32 KiB) Viewed 6529 times
pasha241

Post by pasha241 »

for me i would like the current 347 (Morley Bus Stn - Morley High School) to Extend to Mirrabooka Bus Station (or even merge to 415 which make the route (Morley - Stirling (Via Mirrabooka). The reason is to have connection between mirrabooka and noranda residence. Also is better to connect at mirrabooka rather than terminated at deadend.

Via current route until Widge Rd, Helenic Dr, R Cherwood Av, L Dechainneux Pkw, L Kokoda Bvd, L Northwood Dr, R Chesterfield Rd, L Sudbury Rd, R Mirrabooka Bus Station.
to Morley Bus Station:
L Sudbury Dr, R Chesterfield Rd, L Northwood Dr, R Kokoda Bvd, R Dechainneux Pkw, R Cherwood Av, L Helenic Dr, Widge Rd, Continued via Current Route.

like this route: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/-31.871 ... !3e0?hl=en.

Also because of these the 371 trips from Morley SHS to Mirrabooka will replace by 347

also new school service that run from Busport to Morley SHS (Morning & Afternoon) (Via Alexander Dr) to accomodate student from City to Morley SHS. because currently they need to walk to alexander dr then catch 360-362 or catch school bus to morley then 60/950.
Enviro 500
Favourite Vehicle: Scania N113CRB

Post by Enviro 500 »

pasha241 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:26 pm for me i would like the current 347 (Morley Bus Stn - Morley High School) to Extend to Mirrabooka Bus Station (or even merge to 415 which make the route (Morley - Stirling (Via Mirrabooka). The reason is to have connection between mirrabooka and noranda residence. Also is better to connect at mirrabooka rather than terminated at deadend.

Via current route until Widge Rd, Helenic Dr, R Cherwood Av, L Dechainneux Pkw, L Kokoda Bvd, L Northwood Dr, R Chesterfield Rd, L Sudbury Rd, R Mirrabooka Bus Station.
to Morley Bus Station:
L Sudbury Dr, R Chesterfield Rd, L Northwood Dr, R Kokoda Bvd, R Dechainneux Pkw, R Cherwood Av, L Helenic Dr, Widge Rd, Continued via Current Route.

like this route: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/-31.871 ... !3e0?hl=en.

Also because of these the 371 trips from Morley SHS to Mirrabooka will replace by 347

also new school service that run from Busport to Morley SHS (Morning & Afternoon) (Via Alexander Dr) to accomodate student from City to Morley SHS. because currently they need to walk to alexander dr then catch 360-362 or catch school bus to morley then 60/950.
If 347 merges with 415 which operator should take control? Path Transit Malaga or Swan Transit Karrinyup?
Squiddy

Post by Squiddy »

A handful of changes I was thinking of for the Rockingham area, mostly focusing on cutting services that (in my experience, anyway) don't get a ton of use -

• Withdrawal of every second trip on weekdays during the day, (ex-Rockingham 0916, 1016, 1116, 1216, 1316 trips, ex-Fremantle 0915, 1050, 1150, 1250, 1350 trips), effectively giving the 548 hourly service during the day instead of half-hourly. Peak-hour/schooltime services remaining unchanged.
  • Withdrawal of all Saturday service from Rockingham, replacing all Fremantle Saturday service with short runs to Coogee, remaining on hourly frequency.
  • Minor route change near Rockingham Station, instead of turning off Ennis, left onto Council Ave, right onto Hawkins St, left onto Simpson Ave, instead continue on Ennis until Simpson St, then turn left and continue with current route.
  • Addition of a stop on Central Promenade between Contest Pde and Syren St
  • Addition of a single F trip on weeknights, departing Rockingham Stn between 2145 and 2200. No other changes.
  • To keep things simple, renumber to 558, using the shortened 'Secret Harbor - Terminates Comet Bay' desto that some 558 trips already use. No other changes.
  • Shorten the route to start/finish at Warnbro Station instead of Rockingham. No other changes.
pasha241

Post by pasha241 »

Change around Northern Suburbs. mainly just route changes

• Extend the route to Clarkson Station to give connection between tapping, banskia grove to Clarkson and new bus around neerabup industrial area.
  • The route will travel from Joondalup via: Normal route until Joseph bank round about, R Tumbleweed Dr, L Vrindian Dr (Current 390 route), L Joondalup Dr, R Elderina Link, L Grandis Bvd, R Pinjar Rd, L Flyn Drive, Neerabup Rd, R Conolly Dr, R Ocean Keys Bvd, then clarkson Stn anv vice versa
  • Additional stop will run along this route and also some bus stop along Flyn Drive. (NOTE THIS IS JUST TEMPORARY ROUTE MAYBE IF SOME ESTATE BUILDING AROUND BANKSIA GROVE NORTH THE ROUTE WILL CHANGE)
  • These service will withdrawn and replace by 474 which run until Clarkson Station.

• Additional service that replace 473.
  • These route will Operate: M-F off peak; 1 hour, M-F Peak: 20 min, Weekend; 1 hours. (bear in mind some of Peak service will terminate at Kinross from Joondalup, Terminates at Burns beach rd, currambine from Clarkson and vice versa.
FLOREAT 90
Favourite Vehicle: Sunbeam F4 Trolley Bus

Post by FLOREAT 90 »

Eastern Suburbs Link Route
Clockwise: ROUTE 280
Anticlockwise: ROUTE 290

Combine Route 284 (Belmont City to Curtin University) with Route 201 (Curtin University to Cannington) with a new leg from Cannington to Belmont City with a proposed route via Route 294 through East Cannington and Wattle Grove to Tonkin Highway and then via Route 288 to Abernathy Road then via Route 298 to Belmont City.

Service frequency Monday to Friday 7am to 6pm both clockwise and anticlockwise directions. Route 284 extension to display Route 280 to Lyall Street and Route 290 from Lyall Street.
Bus Suggestions

I don't see the point of connecting the 284 and 201 and then looping it around Wattle Grove. The 284 in itself is already a complex route, and both routes have short operational hours and low frequency. This makes it complex and basically useless - look at Melbourne route 380 for an example. Loop routes are generally only long city orbitals like the CircleRoute, or short inner-city routes like the CATs. This is a mid-size loop with low frequency, basically useless. Additionally, this route would take ~2 hours to complete, being a ~40 kilometre loop. Resources would be better diverted to boosting frequency on existing routes.
Enviro 500

Post by Enviro 500 »

Bus Suggestions wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:53 pm I don't see the point of connecting the 284 and 201 and then looping it around Wattle Grove. The 284 in itself is already a complex route, and both routes have short operational hours and low frequency. This makes it complex and basically useless - look at Melbourne route 380 for an example. Loop routes are generally only long city orbitals like the CircleRoute, or short inner-city routes like the CATs. This is a mid-size loop with low frequency, basically useless. Additionally, this route would take ~2 hours to complete, being a ~40 kilometre loop. Resources would be better diverted to boosting frequency on existing routes.
202/203 and 231/232 are also considered circular routes. Think there are a couple of similar routes in Mandurah too.
Bus Suggestions

However the above mentioned routes are small suburban feeders. The route proposed by FLOREAT 90 aims to be a large link route in low-patronage/frequency areas, over-servicing some areas while under-servicing some.
wachris

Post by wachris »

Interested to see thoughts of Redcliffe and High Wycombe station bus networks. Good to compare in a year when the real thing is published
PaxInfo

Post by PaxInfo »

wachris wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:34 am Interested to see thoughts of Redcliffe and High Wycombe station bus networks. Good to compare in a year when the real thing is published
Simple lazy option for Redcliffe is to just terminate 39, 284, 935 there. Also deviate 36 via there.

And for High Wycombe terminate 295, 296, 299 there. Extend 287 there.

But the local network deserves much more of an overhaul than that so hope it happens.
Are you being served? Service aspects of public transport in Melbourne http://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com & MelbOnTransit on Twitter.
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

With the project nearing completion in the second half of next year, I'd expect community consultation to begin on the proposed network very soon.

There are already some elements of the network that are almost a given and have been published in small snippets across a range of planning documents (namely development applications, council planning documents etc). This includes:
  • New high frequency route 940 from Redcliffe Station to the Perth CBD with an extension to Subiaco pending implementation of bus priority lanes along Adelaide Tce and St Georges Tce. This would replace routes 36, 40, 295, 296 and 299 along Great Eastern Hwy.
  • Extension of routes 39 and 935 to Redcliffe Station and enhanced contra-peak frequencies to improve connections to trains.
  • A new bus route between Terminal 1 and Oats Street Station via Belmont Forum to connect with the Armadale Line.
  • Route 36 converted to feeder between Midland and Redcliffe.
  • Route 304 extended to Redcliffe.
  • Routes 295/296/299 converted to local feeders to High Wycombe.
There are also some planned changes associated with the Bayswater Station upgrade (first stage expected to be completed in time for the Airport Line opening) which will enable an increase in the number of buses serving the station. This includes:
  • Route 41 extended to Bayswater Station.
  • Route 55 converted to feeder between Bassendean and Bayswater Station.
  • Improvements to frequencies on the above routes and route 48 which would continue to operate via the station.
Of course all the above is not officially confirmed until it is implemented and is still subject to consultation but they are the most likely changes to occur as part of a logical redesign.

There are also some improvements being made to Claremont Station bus facilities which may result in some changes to how those services operate but of which there is not much detail as yet.
Enviro 500

Post by Enviro 500 »

Squiddy

Post by Squiddy »

Enviro 500 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:43 pm Some ideas I have proposed for FAL rationalisation:

https://routes.one/idea/1455

https://routes.one/idea/1460

https://routes.one/idea/1461

https://routes.one/idea/1457
I'll admit I'm not hugely familiar with the area, but my initial quick thoughts:

Route 1 (unnamed) - I'm not sure why this route exists. It links two stations, but passes through mostly industrial areas so who is this route meant to serve?

Route 2 - 304 - I don't have any issues with this. Seems reasonable enough to me.

Route 3 - 306 - Another route I'm not sure needs to exist. The 36 we have right now is generally pretty quiet between Midland and Redcliffe anyway. That being said, I suppose it's a possibility.

Route 4 - 945 - Why does this route extend around the airport to Forrestfield, rather than terminating at Redcliffe? The area North of the airport is mostly industrial anyway, running high-frequency services through there seems like a waste. And then if it is shortened to Redcliffe, it's basically just the same as a 40 anyway, except with a terminus at Busport rather than EQ. Definitely don't think we need another high-frequency service in the area.

Just my initial thoughts, anyway.
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

Route 443 from Whitfords to Warwick Station.
Depart from Whitfords Station, Left turn onto Whitfords Ave, left turn onto Gibson Ave, Right turn onto Giles Avenue (at the roundabout), left turn onto Grey Road, left turn onto Warburton Avenue, Right turn onto Gibson Avenue (at the roundabout), left turn onto Hepburn Avenue, right turn onto Lilburne Rd (continue as usual ROute 443 to Warwick)

Route 444 from Whitfords to Warwick Station
Depart from Whitfords Station, Left turn onto Whitfords Ave, left turn onto Alexander Road, left turn onto Forrest Road, right turn onto Giles Avenue (roundabout), left turn onto Barclay Ave, right turn onto Gibson Avenue, Left turn onto Hepburn Ave, right turn onto Glengarry Drive (continues as usual Route 444 to Warwick).
- Having a bus driving in Barclay Avenue will improve direct access along the route.
Enviro 500

Post by Enviro 500 »

Bus Suggestions wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:07 am I think more useful would have been one of the western (Claremont/Stirling Hwy) services routed to Perth Busport, like the 23, 102 and 107 used to be to Wellington St (although there were congestion issues, this could be solved by having one or two of them run via Thomas St and then Wellington or Roe into the Busport.
Bus Suggestions has given me a radical idea involving 23, 102, 103 and 970. Maps are at routes.one website.
Squiddy

Post by Squiddy »

Enviro 500 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:27 pm
Bus Suggestions has given me a radical idea involving 23, 102, 103 and 970. Maps are at routes.one website.
So I had a look out of curiosity, and honestly I don't really see the appeal of any of these.

102 - Do we really need more services running down the terrace?

103 - Not sure on this either, generally Kings Park Rd has fairly decent loadings so I'm not sure if cutting services from this road is a good idea.

23 and 970 merger - Uhhh... Why? What benefits would merging these two routes provide? The 23 is one of the most infrequent routes in Perth and the 970 is the complete opposite... What is the point?
Bus Suggestions

I beg to differ.

23 & 970
Alright, on this one, I do agree with Squiddy. While I disagree with the concept of a merger, I think an extension to Perth would be beneficial for a peak hours direct link from the Busport (which is closer to interchange with most train services than EQBS) to UWA and QEII.

102 & 103
I'm a bit torn on the way this would be implemented. Whilst I agree with Squiddy that Kings Park Rd shouldn't be omitted due to its fairly decent loadings, having the 103 deviate to the Busport means that a different route should take its place along the Terrace. Therefore, I propose an amendment to my PERTHMET Bus Master Plan as follows:

Inner-City Services (Amendment to plan for routes 23-26)
Description
Inner-City routes are categorised together for the purpose of this review; however, these routes will be further sub-categorised by the geographical service areas in operation. Inner-city routes have their termini in, or within 5 kilometres of zone 1.

Routes
Service extended to Perth Busport via Milligan St.
To Perth: Current route to EQBS, then exit via Mill St, L St Georges Tce, R Milligan St, R Perth Busport to terminate at Perth Busport.
From Perth: Starting at Perth Busport, exit Milligan St, L Milligan St, L St Georges Tce, R Mill St, continue straight to Elizabeth Quay to resume current route to Claremont.

Minor re-route in Perth to service Terrace Rd.
To Perth (Pt Fraser): Current route to St Georges Tce, then R Hill St, L Terrace Rd, R Plain St to resume current route to Pt Fraser.
From Perth (Pt Fraser): Current route to Plain St, then L Terrace Rd, R Hill St, L St Georges Tce to resume current route to Claremont.

Will now only undergo time changes to better co-ordinate frequency with route 26.

Will undergo time changes to better co-ordinate frequency with route 25 and replace previous route 103 trips.

Western Services (Amendment to plan for route 103)
Description
Western services are Fremantle Line feeder routes, routes serving west of Canning Bridge and Bull Creek or routes operated as part of the Claremont contract area. Routes within this number range which do not fall under this category will be renumbered.

Routes
Major re-route in order to terminate at Perth Busport.
To Perth: Current route to Kings Park Rd, L Havelock St, R Wellington St, L Milligan St, R Perth Busport to terminate at Perth Busport.
From Perth: Starting at Perth Busport, exit Milligan St, L Milligan St, R Wellington St, L Havelock St, R Kings Park Rd to resume current route to Fremantle.

The amendment to my plan essentially means that the 26 now replaces the inner-city section of the 103 except along Kings Park Rd and Thomas St/Winthrop Ave. This removes the route duplication in the city. It also means that less bus routes use the Terrace, with 24 deviating off the Terrace before Plain St and 103 removed from the Terrace, meaning less route duplication and re-routing routes elsewhere, where there is not a frequent service (in contrast to the over-serviced Terrace). Any suggestions or comments?

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”