Double Decker Mechanic

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.
cathandlou

Double Decker Mechanic

Post by cathandlou »

Hi Everyone
First time posting :)
I am looking at purchasing a 1971 Leyland Atlantean from Victoria (I'm living in QLD).
The seller tells me I will need a mechanic to put a new radiator in and re-connect the drive shaft.
We have all the bits, and a new radiator, but I am having a lot of problems (which I anticipated), finding a mechanic in Victoria who is willing and able to work on the bus with it being so old.
Wondering if anyone has had to have an Atlantean repaired in Victoria before, and who to contact?
Any help at all would be appreciated - I have zero bus experience but am hoping to hit the ground running!
Thanks!
Brisbane Atlantean

Re: Double Decker Mechanic

Post by Brisbane Atlantean »

I used Craig Woodcroft at DDEC in Brisbane for all my repairs (1969 Leyland Atlantean) and they were great.
When I broke down on the road away from Brisbane, I would call them and ask them who I should call and they would give me a recommendation.

If you are going to settle in Brisbane then I suggest that you call them in case they can recommend someone in Vic.

Alternatively, try the Bus and Coach Society of Victoria and ask them for a recommendation.

Best of luck.
Cheers
Brisbane Atlantean

Return to “Bus to motorhome discussions”