GBW MAN Coach #78

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Brookesie

GBW MAN Coach #78

Post by Brookesie »

Hi all total novice/newbie to the whole discussion forums, am greatful for any help/info I can get.

Trying to find any information on my GBW MAN Coach (Coach #78) any engine and electrical spec, diagrams or manuals anyone may have or know of.
Right now I am trying to find out if it has an onboard air-compressor to inflate tyres.
Thanks in advance.
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Re: GBW MAN Coach #78

Post by Guy_Arab »

I HAVE MANUAL YOU REQUIRE PLUS MOST ENGINE DATA
CONTACT tram1one @bigpond.com
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

It would have an onboard air compressor for the brakes and air bags. There may be a connector somewhere in the system to hook up a hose with an inflator tool.

There should be connections up front somewhere to allow an external air source in case of engine failure, you may be able to use that.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Brookesie

Post by Brookesie »

Guy_Arab wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:52 am I HAVE MANUAL YOU REQUIRE PLUS MOST ENGINE DATA
CONTACT tram1one @bigpond.com
Will email you. Thanks
Brookesie

Post by Brookesie »

boronia wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:18 pm It would have an onboard air compressor for the brakes and air bags. There may be a connector somewhere in the system to hook up a hose with an inflator tool.

There should be connections up front somewhere to allow an external air source in case of engine failure, you may be able to use that.
Thanks for that :) appreciate the info, I probably should have added "where is it on the coach? " as I have had a pretty good look and can't find anything that even looks like it.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

It will be on the side of engine somewhere. (Sorry, I'm not familiar with that model)
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”