Nth East Road Car Accident

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Member 1633

Nth East Road Car Accident

Post by Member 1633 »

From news.com.au:

"In the second accident, a Ford Falcon XR6 driver was critically injured after smashing into a power pole on North East Road, St Agnes, in the city's north-east, around 1.30am (CST).

The 21-year-old northern suburbs man, the only occupant of the car, was rushed to the Royal Adelaide Hospital with critical head and leg injuries.

Investigators say speed is believed to have been a factor in the crash."

What a mess - this blue XR6 which was apparently driving ~ 180kmh completely wiped out the stobie pole, 60kmh sign, TT's flag pole and the front/Customer Service gates to St Agnes depot. Yesterday morning three large pieces of the car were left on the footpath by the depot. If anyone has pictures feel free - and if anyone heads past the depot that is why there is temporary fencing!
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

Ironic that he wiped out a 60 km/h sign :roll:

I have no symapthy whatsoever for these idiots. :x
Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

THE FORCE WILL BE WITH YOU....... ALWAYS
Hank2007

Post by Hank2007 »

Come on guys, is this really relevant to bus enthusiasts?
I am not the sharpest tool in the shed and I do NOT have operator accreditation
super_train

Post by super_train »

what does this have to do with buses???? unless there was a bus involved i think nothing hey???
lol :wink:
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

Part of a bus depot wiped out?
LowRider
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA MAN SL200

Post by LowRider »

Alrighty, I happen to have some pictures of the debris. From surveying the scene it appears the driver came unstuck on all the loose mud/dirt on the left lane of North East Rd and came off, just skimmed the stobie post at the entrance to the depot (ironically those gates are always locked anyway) and made a mess of the pole. I will have to dispute news.com.au's claim that he hit the power pole as it looked very undamaged, didn't even look like it had a mark in the rust on it.

The following pictures were taken about 8.30am yesterday before all the debris was cleaned up. By 2pm Torrens Transit had already erected temporary fencing around the damaged fence line. Anyway, here are the pictures:

Terrorising the Streets in an SL200!
Willie
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes 0405NH

Post by Willie »

And you wonder why there are some many road deaths.

Thanks for sharing those pictures Low_rider.
LTB_Enterprises

Post by LTB_Enterprises »

Darwinism in action, no sympathy from me. That part of North East Road is a favoured hooning spot at nights, just a matter of time til one of the f-wits came unstuck.
LowRider
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA MAN SL200

Post by LowRider »

Whats shocking there is the door that is facing the wrong way and was on the ground still latched in to the B-Pillar and a portion of the sill is actually the drivers door, it got sheared clean off.
Terrorising the Streets in an SL200!
Member 1633

Post by Member 1633 »

Re the power pole, the power pole there now is new - the damaged one was completely grounded and was replaced at 7am Saturday.
Hank2007

Post by Hank2007 »

Yeah OK, so it's sort of bus related.
I am not the sharpest tool in the shed and I do NOT have operator accreditation
Chadwick

Re: Nth East Road Car Accident

Post by Chadwick »

Member 1633 wrote: Sun May 20, 2007 9:31 am From news.com.au:

"In the second accident, a Ford Falcon XR6 driver was critically injured after smashing into a power pole on North East Road, St Agnes, in the city's north-east, around 1.30am (CST).

The 21-year-old northern suburbs man, the only occupant of the car, was rushed to the Royal Adelaide Hospital with critical head and leg injuries.

What a mess - this blue XR6 which was apparently driving ~ 180kmh completely wiped out the stobie pole, 60kmh sign, TT's flag pole and the front/Customer Service gates to St Agnes depot. Yesterday morning three large pieces of the car were left on the footpath by the depot. If anyone has pictures feel free - and if anyone heads past the depot that is why there is temporary fencing!
I was the driver that night. Almost 14 years ago. I was 21 and just lost my son he was still born. I was not in a good way. It was a terribly irresponsible thing to do. I now bare scars of that night. And will always live in pain
gunzel42

Re: Nth East Road Car Accident

Post by gunzel42 »

Chadwick wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:12 am
Member 1633 wrote: Sun May 20, 2007 9:31 am From news.com.au:

I was the driver that night. Almost 14 years ago. I was 21 and just lost my son he was still born. I was not in a good way. It was a terribly irresponsible thing to do. I now bare scars of that night. And will always live in pain
That is a gutsy post Chadwick, respect to you for admitting your fault and condolences to you for the loss of your son at the time which I have no doubt causes you a far deeper pain than the pain from your injuries.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”