Cobb & Co 22 Mercedes O302 Denning

Moderator: PRT 065

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Car177

Cobb & Co 22 Mercedes O302 Denning

Post by Car177 »

Some more of Alan's
Cobb 22 PVV.985 Mercedes Benz O302 302.212-20-011721 Denning 348 C37FT 31.12.71
I have some notes when it was with the shortlived Sunset Coaches as 510.OWO ex Tasmanian Redline 34
Last edited by Car177 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Re: Cobb & Co 22 Mercedes O302 Denning

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Does that make the bus go better with the engine upside-down??? :lol: :lol:
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:Does that make the bus go better with the engine upside-down??? :lol: :lol:
lol , I thought something was wrong but then I realised that the photo was upside down :lol:
Car177

Post by Car177 »

Well I post stuff for every one including the critics. There you are, all done.
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

The way that the drivers seat has been upholstered is something different with eyelets stamped into the centre of the seat insert which is most probably an aid for ventilation not a bad idea for a vynyl seat. Not necessary to have eyelets anymore as the drivers seats are trimmed in cloth fabric nowadays.
Industry

Post by Industry »

Many thanks for your great posts over the past couple of the weeks.

Keep them coming
linz

Post by linz »

Hey car177, where did you get these pictures from???
This is a REAL blast from the past for me...my father used to work for Cobb & Co Transport back in the late 60's, early 70's driving Commer trucks and my uncle used to work at the Rocklea depot, where these pics were taken, as a mechanic. I haven't seen any pics of the buses and only 1 pic of a truck at the truck show at Mt Gravatt a few years ago. I've got a few pics of Cobb & Co trucks all lined up outside the Rocklea depot back in the 50's, when my father first worked for them and a few of his trucks outside the Toowoomba depot, also in the 50's. I had the pic of all the trucks at Rocklea blown up and gave it to the guy who runs Imperial Motors (can't remember his name now) a few years ago. What a pity my father and my uncle are no longer with us...they would have really liked to have seen these pics. The only guy that I remember well at Rocklea was George Lominga...he was the truck and bus painter. As a matter of fact, I still have the three cans of Dulux paint that dad used to touch up the truck with on weekends...yellow, navy blue and red. I also remember seeing one of Alastair Grant's restored trucks once at the Mt Gravatt truck show, but he'd used the wrong colours on it and it looked a bit washed out to me. Thank you so much for posting these pics up and if you have any more, please put them in here.
Cheers, Lindsay Tunney.
Keith9360

Post by Keith9360 »

My dad used to work at the Cobb & Co depot at Rocklea. Beaudesert Rd, near Evans Road. I used to go in with him on Saturdays and "Help out" My first memory of the site was it used to be a "Neptune Garage" at the Evans Road end. The bousers were the tall skinny ones and I think it was 26 &6/10 cents per Gallon... That was 1966. When a Coach came in to be cleaned, I would run down and help out - my reward, heaps of boxes of Minties, Jaffas, Fantails and potato Crisps. The trucks were the old Commer trucks I "think" they had the old Perkins Diesels in them. The Coaches were AB Denning, I Think I remember an Athol Hedges, I do vaguely recall a Mercedes Most of the trucks were around 1954 - 1958ish. Col Taylor was the boss of the transport section. I do remember the painter out the back he was really talented, I watched him paint, sign-write and do all the pin striping on one of the trucks, I think it was one of Banks trucks after the merge. I have hunted high and low for pictures of the trucks & coaches, can't find any, anywhere. ahh the memories.

Return to “Photos - Brisbane/Qld”