(YT) Bondi Jcn Interchange in 2014.

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

(YT) Bondi Jcn Interchange in 2014.

Post by Swift »

This came up in my recommended. Nice to see footage of Mark Vs intermingling with other types we see today.

They used to be the latest ones intermingling with the last Mark II Leyland Leopards before their withdrawal in 1989. This is their turn 25 years later.

https://youtu.be/h6LwzluhW3A
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Re: (YT) Bondi Jcn Interchange in 2014.

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Despite somewhat still being filmed in the present era, I do find it scary just how much has changed in our transportation scene in the last 7 years, It really still feels recent and like the old saying goes "Feels like it was only just yesterday". In STV video alone The O405's (Both PMC and the low floor O405NH CC's) as well as the High Floor Scania Ansairs were still all in service with only withdrawal for the shortly O405's already commencing at the time of filming. 7 years later and those buses I've just mentioned are now all gone. It is only going to get somewhat more scary when we come back in another 7 years (If the board is still around) and we're discussing about how the Volvo B12BLE CB60's (Euro 3) or even the Scania L113CRLs that once roamed Sydney streets are now a thing of the past. Of course it doesn't feel scary right now at this moment after all their still roaming amongst us but their time will come in the next couple of years.

This alone is why I treasure "media" preservation of our Transportation scene so much. We can't always save the real objects or vehicles themselves as much as we may dream of it but with a few clicks of a camera shutter button and safe keeping of the media the visual history of it can last for generations. Hands down the community here (Not just ATDB but the wider enthusiast community) does an amazing job at showing & telling a story of what once roamed the streets of our cities and how scenes and transportation can change in such short time.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: (YT) Bondi Jcn Interchange in 2014.

Post by Swift »

I used to get frustrated at television shows in the 1990s, when showing past footage, would show loads of the usual grainy stuff from the 20s and 30s aplenty then skip to recent stuff with scant attention to the 70s and 80s, sometimes none. Only now do we see more stuff from that era and it's gold! YouTube has been a savior, but I think there is loads more treasures yet to be uploaded from that "vintage videotape" era as well as colour film from before that.
I think the digital format used since the 2000s has removed a lot of that vintage feel with near perfect vision giving the illusion of feeling current. It's now getting valuable, though, to see this latest generation footage, and the sheer volume of it will be fully appreciated.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”