State Transit m/o.6520 (Custom Denning "Element"). 2/4/21

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
tonyp

Re: State Transit m/o.6520 (Custom Denning "Element"). 2/4/21

Post by tonyp »

Excellent photos as always Inspector. It just occurred to me that the Element sent to Queensland doesn't have the blue highlight across the front/roof/rear. This must be something that Custom applied for the NSW market. It's very striking and I hope TfNSW doesn't muck around with this colour scheme too much. The bus is a masterpiece of industrial design compared to most local buses in the past few decades (including Custom's past buses, but honorably excepting Volgren). It's basically a box which is a firm statement of its functionality but that intergrated wrap-around of the front, roof and rear finishes it very nicely in an understated way.

The Queensland bus is the basic package to be wrapped as the local operator wishes. That's when the bad taste will kick in - like PTV's livery!

http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pid=19774
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

It's so ugly.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Swift wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:53 amIt's so ugly.
It's reminiscent of Volvo's latest efforts on 'The Continent'. Thankfully this example is devoid of the aggressive 'angular' paint decals those seem to be defaced with.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Merc1107 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:27 am
It's reminiscent of Volvo's latest efforts on 'The Continent'. Thankfully this example is devoid of the aggressive 'angular' paint decals those seem to be defaced with.
Those angular fairings/paint are a fashion started by Solaris. I'm sure it will pass. The Element is a European citybus design, that's the good thing about it. It's completely oriented to its actual function as a passenger transit vehicle and I like it for that reason and so will passengers. At the same time they've wrapped that blue edge around the body to give it a simple styling touch which I like for its understatement. I love its simplicity and its expression of its purpose which is instantly recognisable to its users. Volgren has followed the same theme with the Optimus and Custom has returned to it with the Endeavour. At the other end of the local scale is Bustech which must have an Italian stylist because they're all style and absolutely no acknowledgement of function - indeed the function is sometimes sacrificed so as not to interfere with the style.

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”