Routing changes to i/o4 , o21 and OL1

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion
Darwin bus lover
Favourite Vehicle: Merc O500LE Volgren Optimus

Routing changes to i/o4 , o21 and OL1

Post by Darwin bus lover »

As of Monday the 4th of May 2020 Lakeside Drive will close until further notice likely due to resurfacing or road upgrades.

This also happened aswell in November 2018. Route 4 and school buses using lakeside drive will be the most affected. Temporary stops will be fitted along Alawa Cresent for i4. o4 services will use the stops currently fitted for i11.

Both orbital 1 and route o21 which use Lakeside Drv towards Casuarina will be rerouted to the same route as o4 however no stops will be made along the way. Inbound 21 and OL2 will use the same route as the currently do because one side will remain open, however some drivers may choose to use Trower rd instead.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Re: Routing changes to i/o4 , o21 and OL1

Post by Merc1107 »

Oh not again! It must have taken 4 or 5 months last time to resurface that small bit of road, during what was one of the driest wet seasons on record.

Still, I actually think the 4 is a bit more useful running through Alawa Crs. than along Lakeside.

Regarding the 21 & Orbitals, a pity they don't actually service a stop or two through there to give passengers the opportunity for a quicker journey into town.
Darwin bus lover

Yes again unfortunately.

I personally have no clue why Lakeside needs a refresh as it doesn't appear to have an issue but guess we'll see.

Let's hope this isn't any longer then last time as the closure will be during the dry.

I really agree with that. If I was in charge I'd consider rerouting through alawa cresent or possibly every other service as I think it would be alot better and give more access to the inner suburb without a long walk.
Darwin bus lover

From the 26th of October all buses will return to Lakeside Drive. DCU's will be updated and the inbound bus stops in Alawa will be removed.

Return to “Discussion - Other States (NT & TAS)”