Working at Transdev Sydney

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
ACTION

Working at Transdev Sydney

Post by ACTION »

I just wanted to ask how scheduling works at Transdev. Do you get put on a rotating roster or are drivers given the opportunity to pick shifts according to seniority?
Thanks
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Re: Working at Transdev Sydney

Post by Merc1107 »

How the rostering works is a very depot-specific problem.
At depots that are heavily-focussed on servicing peak movements (whether school, commuters or both), the work will tend towards split shifts or a lot of part-time straight shifts (i.e. 3-5hrs in length, no break).

I haven't yet heard of a depot among any number of Government or Private operators where the driver is given a chance to pick their shifts. What you'll instead find is varying degrees of flexible working arrangements, and/or rosters split up into into 20, 30, 38hrs, main roster, earlies, twilights, nights, splits, 5-days, 7-days, rotating, non-rotating or permanent shift.

If you are interested at working at Transdev Sydney, I would advise you to contact a member of staff in charge of recruitment to see what is available, should you be in need of a more flexible roster.
ACTION

Re: Working at Transdev Sydney

Post by ACTION »

Okay thanks,
So you are able to sit on a permanent type shift across 5 days? Just really depends on the depot

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”