Sydney’s public transport growing back differently post-pandemic

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Glen

Re: Sydney’s public transport growing back differently post-pandemic

Post by Glen »

I think some apps are still looking a bit odd. For example TripView for the Metro on Monday is quite strange. Looks like two schedules jumbled together, so I presume they will rectify later.
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

The apps are also showing that there will be a significantly reduced showing of trips across the East tomorrow, in particular express trips.

AM Peak
X39 1 v 4
X40 8 v 16
X73 11 v 24
X74 6 v 14
X77 2 v 12
X92 4 v 9
X93 2 v 10
X94 5 v 15
X96 1 v 8
X97 0 v 2
X99 1 v 4

PM Peak
X39 8 v 15
X73 5 v 15
X74 3 v 7
X77 4 v 9
X92 1 v 6
X93 2 v 12
X94 4 v 17
X96 0 v 5
X97 0 v 2
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
Qantas94Heavy

Post by Qantas94Heavy »

STA Region 7 moving to a Saturday timetable due to Covid exposures: https://transportnsw.info/alerts/details#/6064322
Bus services running to a Saturday timetable
UPDATED 17 Aug 17:58

Ongoing

Details
From Wednesday August 18, buses are running to a Saturday timetable due to Covid related staff shortages. If you are travelling for essential reasons, allow extra time.
EDIT: now it's saying this: https://transportnsw.info/covid-19/covi ... l-guidance
From Thursday 19 August, Ryde and Waverley bus depots will be operating services to an amended weekend timetable – with no school services.
iamthouth

Post by iamthouth »

From https://www.cdcbus.com.au/hillsbus-news ... ugust-2021
Saturday Timetables Running from Monday 23rd August 2021
In line with direction from Transport for New South Wales, CDC NSW will be operating its north-west Sydney metropolitan bus services (Hillsbus) and northern suburbs service (Forest Coach Lines) to a Saturday timetable from Monday 23 August 2021.

Weekend services will continue to operate on regular Saturday and Sunday timetables.

We thank you for your patience during these ongoing changes and, as always, we value your feedback.

Please stay safe.
iamthouth

Post by iamthouth »

And from https://www.busways.com.au/news-items/c ... nformation
Updated 3pm, Thursday 19 August 2021
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, bus services in our Western Sydney network will run to a reduced timetable, operating on a Saturday timetable, effective from Monday 23 August 2021.

This means no school bus services in our Western Sydney network will operate until further notice.

Visit transportnsw.info to plan your trip.

Wear a mask, practice good hygiene, don’t travel if you are sick, and stick to the green dots.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Sydney commuter numbers on the rise despite pleas to stay at home

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw/syd ... 58k8t.html
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

Most of this week I've noticed that route 144, normally a high frequency 10 minute interval service, has been showing to run every 15 minutes instead - and no notification to say this.

Guessing it's a quirk but now when I look at next week's schedule in TripView, there don't seem to be any region 8 (Northern Beaches) schedules at all loaded... possible additional changes not notified there yet?
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Presumably it is covered by the blanket announcements of "buses running to amended timetables - check with transport info for details".

Timetables and frequencies are less important if you can easily look up to find when the next one is due.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Running to a Saturday base at the moment makes a lot more sense.
pgt

Post by pgt »

boronia wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:21 am Presumably it is covered by the blanket announcements of "buses running to amended timetables - check with transport info for details".

Timetables and frequencies are less important if you can easily look up to find when the next one is due.
Except when even the Trip Planner shows zero region 8 services from Monday onwards either (eg. if you plan a trip from Manly Wharf to Warringah Mall for any time after Monday, it'll tell you to use the 141 and 193 via Northern Beaches Hospital, both Forest services)... well hopefully they do figure out a timetable before Monday.
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Post by Richard290 »

pgt wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:32 am Most of this week I've noticed that route 144, normally a high frequency 10 minute interval service, has been showing to run every 15 minutes instead - and no notification to say this.

Guessing it's a quirk but now when I look at next week's schedule in TripView, there don't seem to be any region 8 (Northern Beaches) schedules at all loaded... possible additional changes not notified there yet?
The same quirk (no scheduled services appearing on Trip-planning apps) also applies to STA services in Region 7. I tried creating a 'trip' in Tripview on route 343 as a test for R9 services - all the TT information that Tripview has acquired from TfNSW only shows an incomplete schedule of trips in the days following Monday.
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
pgt

Post by pgt »

Seems the quirk about no services for certain regions has been corrected in that trip planning now shows services for those regions in question.
As to what level of service it is I haven't checked other than to note that those high frequency routes still have the same level of service (but then again those services had a 10 minute frequency 7 days a week).

Every 15 minutes might suffice on some routes (like what I saw with the 144), but we shall see I suppose.
CityRail

Post by CityRail »

Take note that public transport is back to 75% capacity from tomorrow:

https://transportnsw.info/covid-19/covi ... on-content

Please wear a face mask on public transport and practice social distancing where possible.
TheOpalUser

Post by TheOpalUser »

COVID-19 related service changes: From 10 January 2022, most public transport services across NSW will run to a reduced timetable. Plan ahead and consider all your transport options. Allow extra travel time as connecting services may be impacted. Wear a face mask and sit or stand where you see a green dot
https://transportnsw.info/covid-19/covi ... l-guidance
Posts and comments made here are my own personal opinions, and not on behalf of my employer.
Glen

Post by Glen »

So far buses seem a bit inconsistent, with some regions still on normal weekday timetables.
ACM
Favourite Vehicle: O305 / V Set

Post by ACM »

Glen wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:05 pm So far buses seem a bit inconsistent, with some regions still on normal weekday timetables.
That's because outside of the STA region/s, weekend services are a joke. Half the routes don't run at all and the other half run at a reduced frequency. Take the 259 - every 15 mins on weekdays, every hour otherwise.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Oh yes, the old no service under the Sunday column on bus stop timetables.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Glen

Post by Glen »

ACM wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:07 am
Glen wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:05 pm So far buses seem a bit inconsistent, with some regions still on normal weekday timetables.
That's because outside of the STA region/s, weekend services are a joke. Half the routes don't run at all and the other half run at a reduced frequency. Take the 259 - every 15 mins on weekdays, every hour otherwise.
I won't argue the detail with you but isn't 259 an STA route (up until very recently).

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”