AES Ticket Validators

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
mubd

AES Ticket Validators

Post by mubd »

I've recently gotten my hands on a green AES Prodata ticket machine. Just wondering if anyone here would have some idea on how I might get it to fire up again and at least get the mechanism dipping tickets?

From what I understand once the Datafare 2000 driver consoles were replaced with the new Wayfarer units, the ticket machines did away with printing sections on the tickets, but they still seemed to have some kind of interface with the units because they still were able to print the bus route number on the tickets (along with the date and time). Was there some kind of intermediary unit between the ticket machine and the driver's console to facilitate this?
Eastgardens to Kingsford is a 1-2 section fare.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: AES Ticket Validators

Post by Swift »

They were used far too long by the STA. They were great...in 1990 but in the 2010s? They were getting problematic and they even resorted to acquiring used consoles from Brisbane just to keep going with this system that should have been replaced not long into the 2000s.
Thank goodness for contactless finally forcing out this equipment.
Global w̶a̶r̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ hoax.
With the left in charge the future is doomed.
So sick of transit hobbyist's superior attitudes.
Many transit hobbyists are hateful @###holes.
BDAT

Re: AES Ticket Validators

Post by BDAT »

Hi mubd
Many private operators used the AES machines you may need to get your hands on the machine itself to make the green unit work.
Private operators did not have the green unit so my knowledge is limited on that part. I would think if you were to contact a few companies there would be and old unit somewhere. I would start with the likes of Baxter's even CDC. Best of luck.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”