New South Wales Train stations upgrade

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
TSE_SecretAni
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 am
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes OC500LE Bustech VST

New South Wales Train stations upgrade

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Macquarie Fields station will minor upgrade by early December
Last edited by TSE_SecretAni on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSE_SecretAni
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 am
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes OC500LE Bustech VST

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Does anyone know when Macarthur train station is going to upgrade?
User avatar
Campbelltown busboy
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:23 am
Location: Ruse/Campbelltown City NSW

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

TSE_SecretAni wrote:Does anyone know when Macarthur train station is going to upgrade?
Are you talking about Macarthur upgrade stage 2 witch included the construction of a 4th platform witch was apart of the clearways program
1000 posts and counting
1st post Sun Aug 11 2013 8:04pm
1000th post Sun Dec 15 2019 4:30pm
TSE_SecretAni
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 am
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes OC500LE Bustech VST

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Campbelltown busboy wrote:
TSE_SecretAni wrote:Does anyone know when Macarthur train station is going to upgrade?
Are you talking about Macarthur upgrade stage 2 witch included the construction of a 4th platform witch was apart of the clearways program
Yes I am talking about Macarthur stage 2 upgrade
TSE_SecretAni
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 am
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes OC500LE Bustech VST

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Glenfield station upgrade has been finished for the new timetable.
User avatar
swtt
Posts: 5397
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:49 am

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by swtt »

TSE_SecretAni wrote:
Yes I am talking about Macarthur stage 2 upgrade
That 4th platform was shelved a long time ago wasn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_Clearways_Program
TSE_SecretAni
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 am
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes OC500LE Bustech VST

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

swtt wrote:
TSE_SecretAni wrote:
Yes I am talking about Macarthur stage 2 upgrade
That 4th platform was shelved a long time ago wasn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_Clearways_Program
No I don't think 4th platform was shelves a long time ago..
Tonymercury
Posts: 2590
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:14 am
Location: Botany NSW

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by Tonymercury »

TSE_SecretAni wrote:
No I don't think 4th platform was shelves a long time ago..
So, where is there any official reference to it?
Aurora
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:54 pm
Favourite Vehicle: C set
Location: Sydney Reg 13

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by Aurora »

It's not happening.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
TSE_SecretAni
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 am
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes OC500LE Bustech VST

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Macarthur has a new station sign. Also Narwee station upgrade has been completed.
TSE_SecretAni
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 am
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes OC500LE Bustech VST

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Campbelltown station lift is now temperory closed until 31st May 2018 due to the lift upgrade. Also Adamstown is upgrading by replacing the pedestrian footbridge and stairways, installing new lifts and a ‘kiss & ride’ drop-off area and modifying platforms to facilitate the upgrade.
Last edited by TSE_SecretAni on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
homebush
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:48 am

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by homebush »

Strathfield Station is getting all of its platforms resurfaced with new tactile surfaces
Tonymercury
Posts: 2590
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:14 am
Location: Botany NSW

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by Tonymercury »

TSE_SecretAni wrote:Also Adamstown is upgrading by replacing the pedestrian footbridge and stairways, installing new lifts and a ‘kiss & ride’ drop-off area and modifying platforms to facilitate the upgrade.
This may involve the removal of pedestrian facilities on the LX so that it can be changed to automatic operation; allegedly this will mean the crossing can stay open for longer.
User avatar
boronia
Posts: 19552
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:18 pm
Favourite Vehicle: Fire engine; PD4107
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by boronia »

TSE_SecretAni wrote:Campnelltown station lift is now temperory closed until 31st May 2018 due to the lift upgrade. Also Adamstown is upgrading by replacing the pedestrian footbridge and stairways, installing new lifts and a ‘kiss & ride’ drop-off area and modifying platforms to facilitate the upgrade.
And I thought the replacement of a lift at Penrith was slow at 2-1/2 months. Closed last Monday until 31 March. The first day there was a crowd of workmen around, removing the hydraulic oil, but haven'e seen much activity since.
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again June 2021
@ The Museum of Fire.
TSE_SecretAni
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 am
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes OC500LE Bustech VST

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Blacktown station is now upgrading with include a new pedestrian footbridge connecting the T1 Richmond train concourse with the main concourse area, new lift and stair connecting platform 3 with the new footbridge, new stairs and weather protection canopies to platform 1 and 2 and changes to station facilities to improve customer flow.
User avatar
boronia
Posts: 19552
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:18 pm
Favourite Vehicle: Fire engine; PD4107
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by boronia »

A rather vague alert on Tripfinder, for Penrith:
Penrith station access closed due to station upgrade works, please use the shuttle bus if you need to move to the other side of the station
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again June 2021
@ The Museum of Fire.
Tonymercury
Posts: 2590
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:14 am
Location: Botany NSW

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by Tonymercury »

TSE_SecretAni wrote:Blacktown station is now upgrading
Is this now an annual event?
Stonesourscotty
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:01 am
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL
Location: Wigan England / Penrith Sydney

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Notice at Tempe station today about an upcoming upgrade
TSE_SecretAni
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 am
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes OC500LE Bustech VST

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Blacktown concourse connection to T1 Richmond Line has been upgraded.
TSE_SecretAni
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 am
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes OC500LE Bustech VST

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Wynyard station lift on platform 5 & 6 is replacing the new improve lift until the mid April 2018
Aurora
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:54 pm
Favourite Vehicle: C set
Location: Sydney Reg 13

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by Aurora »

TSE_SecretAni wrote:Wynyard station lift on platform 5 & 6 is replacing the new improve lift until the mid April 2018
Lifts, just like all machines, have a life expiry so need replacement.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
User avatar
boronia
Posts: 19552
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:18 pm
Favourite Vehicle: Fire engine; PD4107
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by boronia »

boronia wrote:A rather vague alert on Tripfinder, for Penrith:
Penrith station access closed due to station upgrade works, please use the shuttle bus if you need to move to the other side of the station
Apparently the shuttle bus was used for a complete closure of the concourse on one weekend but the warning lingered.

Currently with the northern exit lift out of service, 3 or 4 casual staff at a time are employed to assist passengers with prams/luggage/etc up and down the stairs.
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again June 2021
@ The Museum of Fire.
User avatar
boronia
Posts: 19552
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:18 pm
Favourite Vehicle: Fire engine; PD4107
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by boronia »

boronia wrote:
TSE_SecretAni wrote:Campnelltown station lift is now temperory closed until 31st May 2018 due to the lift upgrade. Also Adamstown is upgrading by replacing the pedestrian footbridge and stairways, installing new lifts and a ‘kiss & ride’ drop-off area and modifying platforms to facilitate the upgrade.
And I thought the replacement of a lift at Penrith was slow at 2-1/2 months. Closed last Monday until 31 March. The first day there was a crowd of workmen around, removing the hydraulic oil, but haven'e seen much activity since.
Surprisingly, the new lift actually started operating early last week, almost 3 weeks ahead of schedule.
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again June 2021
@ The Museum of Fire.
freepenguin
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:16 am

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by freepenguin »

Any idea when the Town Hall upgrade will finish?
TSE_SecretAni
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 am
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes OC500LE Bustech VST

Re: Sydney Trains stations upgrade

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

freepenguin wrote:Any idea when the Town Hall upgrade will finish?
Town Hall station will finish upgrade by early April. I know they said finish by late 2017
Last edited by TSE_SecretAni on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”