Page 1 of 10

New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:26 am
by kypros1992
131500 has finally been buried

http://www.transportnsw.info/

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:59 am
by swtt
About bloody time! :)

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:42 am
by crimsontide
All I can say is I hope they didn't pay the web designer. :shock:

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:02 pm
by CityRail
The new website is easy to use and browse. Well done! However, I am aware that simply shows a "Sydney Centric" approach to public transport as transport status is much more in detail in Sydney area than in Newcastle, Blue Mountains and Wollongong.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:26 pm
by Bodysurfer
The trip planner is a big improvement.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:24 pm
by gtc
I can't find the pdf versions of the Sydney Ferry timetables on the new site. Anyone found them?

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:25 pm
by Fleet Lists
A timetable is now available for the light rail.

I have a problem so far trying to get a timetable for Dions routes 1 and 4 ie route numbers with a single digit. However I can get their routes 1U and 4U.

Also can get their route 9.

Also dont know how to look up the train replacement bus services at this stage. Or the routes to Olympic Park.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:25 pm
by Fleet Lists
gtc wrote:I can't find the pdf versions of the Sydney Ferry timetables on the new site. Anyone found them?
Cant find them either.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:42 pm
by Bedford-29
Create your own pdf timetable using this link I use this all the time it saves using the printer.
www.nitropdf.com/‎

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:19 pm
by Fleet Lists
kypros1992 wrote:131500 has finally been buried

http://www.transportnsw.info/
131500 has not been buried as yet. The new site is on trial only until they sort out feedback problems such as the single digit route numbers, etc of which I have advised them formally.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:22 pm
by Simes
Will they be keeping the 131500 number?

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:21 pm
by Fleet Lists
They will keep that phone number - no need to get rid of that to be replaced by some other similar number.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:21 am
by Fleet Lists
Fleet Lists wrote:
Also dont know how to look up the train replacement bus services at this stage. Or the routes to Olympic Park.
I have found the rail replacement services. And the Olympic Park routes need to be input with an SOP suffix.

For both rail and Olympic Park services a nice new feature is that you just input the route number and then it tells you there may not be any services on that day but gives you the option to display the timetable for the first day such a route does operate.

And if there are none it also tells you so instead of giving you the option for the first day.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:23 am
by Fleet Lists
CityRail wrote:The new website is easy to use and browse. Well done! However, I am aware that simply shows a "Sydney Centric" approach to public transport as transport status is much more in detail in Sydney area than in Newcastle, Blue Mountains and Wollongong.
In what way? It covers all areas.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:25 am
by Fleet Lists
Bodysurfer wrote:The trip planner is a big improvement.
I agree except that it is no longer possible to input the stop number as either starting point or destination which I have used frequently. But I will find a way around that.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:51 pm
by CityRail
Fleet Lists wrote: In what way? It covers all areas.
If you look at the service status, it is not hard to note that all Sydney Lines separately listed whilst all NSW Trains services are just groupped into one big "Intercity Trains" category. Frankly adding 4 lines to list all the Intercity lines out will not take too many of the space on the site.

And if there's a trackwork, it only shows "1 Alert". I think they should clearly list what the alert is for. (Delays/Major Delays/Partial Closure/Trackwork)

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:05 pm
by Newcastle Flyer
That's because "Back Flip Barry" is getting ready to privatise the railways, and eventually all public transport.

That's just one reason CityRail (the rail CityRail, not you CityRail of course!) was broken up into Sydney Trains & NSW TrainLink, to get ready for the privatisation of all NSW train services.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:26 pm
by simonl
Fleet Lists wrote:
Bodysurfer wrote:The trip planner is a big improvement.
I agree except that it is no longer possible to input the stop number as either starting point or destination which I have used frequently. But I will find a way around that.
That's a pretty retrograde step.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:17 am
by Stu
There are no transport interchange maps on the new website (there used to be on the former version), maybe they are being created at the moment and will be uploaded at another date.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:22 am
by Fleet Lists
They had disappeared off the old website about 6 months ago. If you knew the link to them you could still access them but there was no longer a link to them on 131500 itself.
In fact I raised that as an issue with the on 1st June so only a few days before that is 6 months old.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:39 pm
by Fleet Lists
Ran into a problem today with some timetables where the stops in the timetable are not shown just once but are repeated if the trips start at different places so that you have to look at different lines for the stop depending on where the trip starts.

I have advised them by phone and were very co-operative in listening to what the problem is. I am forwarding them the information by email together with some screen dumps.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:42 pm
by Fleet Lists
simonl wrote:
Fleet Lists wrote: I agree except that it is no longer possible to input the stop number as either starting point or destination which I have used frequently. But I will find a way around that.
That's a pretty retrograde step.
I spoke with them on the phone today about this and they are looking for any such feedback which I will certainly be giving to them. So anyone else please also send feedback to them on issues like this.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:42 pm
by howlerbus
Fleet Lists wrote:They had disappeared off the old website about 6 months ago. If you knew the link to them you could still access them but there was no longer a link to them on 131500 itself.
In fact I raised that as an issue with the on 1st June so only a few days before that is 6 months old.
They are here http://www.131500.com.au/maps/interchange-guide/ but probably not up to date...

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:32 pm
by Fleet Lists
Yes that was the link I had. But as you say they are NOT up to date and have not been updated for some time and hence considered obsolete as far as the new website is concerned.

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:12 pm
by Stu
Fleet Lists wrote:They had disappeared off the old website about 6 months ago. If you knew the link to them you could still access them but there was no longer a link to them on 131500 itself.
In fact I raised that as an issue with the on 1st June so only a few days before that is 6 months old.
I was able to access those interchange maps on the old website only just two weeks ago both from the home and work computers respectively. I downloaded a number of those maps in September for work purposes so I'm glad I did that.