New TransportNSW.info Website

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: New TransportNSW.info Website

Post by Fleet Lists »

gtc wrote:I can't find the pdf versions of the Sydney Ferry timetables on the new site. Anyone found them?
They are now available at http://www.transportnsw.info/sites/en/m ... ables.page which can be linked to from the ferry timetable page by clicking on the Sydney Ferries PDF timetables icon.
Living in the Shire.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the new site now gives options for walking or taking a taxi in the Trip Finder. Interesting!
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:
Bodysurfer wrote:The trip planner is a big improvement.
I agree except that it is no longer possible to input the stop number as either starting point or destination which I have used frequently. But I will find a way around that.
Today I input a stop number and lo and behold it now works - both as starting point and destination.
In the information returned it shows the stop name but not the number.
Living in the Shire.
mubd

Post by mubd »

One thing I don't like is that regional coaches not covered by MyZone ticketing are included. For example, if you want to go from Gosford to Raymond Terrace by bus (which is possible with some transfers), you are only given the option to use a $30 coach, which you have to go back to Hornsby to catch.
Eastgardens to Kingsford is a 1-2 section fare.
ZaccyM
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with vinyl seats

Post by ZaccyM »

Has anybody else noticed this issue:

For some reason, whenever I enter a stop number, it returns the name of the stop, as it should, but if I enter a different number, the same stop name is returned, even though it's a different number and therefore should refer to a different stop, here's a quick example:
Stop numbers 2234117 and 2234167 both show "Old Illawarra Rd near Hall Dr, Menai" as the stop name, however, 2234167 should show "Old Illawarra Rd near Bus Depot" as the stop name.

I can't think of any reason why this is happening other than two stop numbers are known (by the transportnsw.info backend) for the Hall Dr stop, but would the website's backend really allow this? Quite odd if you ask me.

Also on a side note, the Hall Dr stop shows timetables for both Hall Dr and Bus Depot, same thing with stops 222996 and 2229112 (both named "White Gums Village Port Hacking Rd") but that's to be expected since the computer might not be able to tell the difference between stops with the same name.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

There definitely appears to be a linkage problem between 2234117 and 2234167.
When doing a trip find from 2234167 to Bankstown it comes up with what one would expect to find for 2234117
14:29 From Old Illawarra Rd near Hall Dr, Menai (Stop 2234117) Map
Sydney buses Bus M92
Sutherland to Parramatta Metrobus service
14:59 to Bankstown Interchange, Stand E, Bankstown (Stop 2200377)
Yet if doing it to Sutherland it comes up with
14:28 From Old Illawarra Rd near Bus Depot, Menai (Stop 2234167) Map
Sydney buses Bus M92
Parramatta to Sutherland Metrobus service
14:42 to Sutherland Interchange, Stand E, Sutherland (Stop 2232264)
Maybe GPS had a problem with them being too close together.
Living in the Shire.
ZaccyM

Post by ZaccyM »

GPS? What would GPS have to do with it? This is just a program error, isn't it? Or is it something more complex than that?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

GPS - nothing really.

But I have been advised that in the current version some stops are grouped together as is the case with these two stops and in such cases the name of the first stop in the group is displayed.. They are working on improvements which hopefully will not only resolve that but also will show the stop number as well as the correct name of the stop .

There are a number of improvement versions in the pipeline.

The problems with the timetables will be addressed in a number of steps - they are certainly working on them.
Living in the Shire.
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

For those who need lifts, there used to be a handy link from the CityRail/Sydney Trains website that gave the operational status of lifts and escalators in the CBD and Kings Cross. The button for this is still on the Sydney Trains website but now links directly to the transport.info home page with no further info available. I'm awaiting with interest a response to the query about this lodged yesterday.
Sydneyrail2014

Post by Sydneyrail2014 »

Interesting .. Guess it's not just me who's against the new operator

www.transportnsw.info
www.transportnewsouthwales.info
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The first step of the bus timetable improvements appears to have been implemented today where the locations on the left no longer scroll off the page and also scrolling across is now controlled by a tab on either side of the timetable if there are earlier or later trips.
The problems with the content of timetables where trips are shown out of sequence, duplicated timing points etc are still to be addressed.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Do some trips with the trip planner, and then click more details for the walking distance. In a lot of cases, they are not just a few metres out, but way out EG: I don't think for example 85 (trip planner) is "about" or "near" 220 metres (Google Maps) is just a small error!
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Without specific details there is not much that can be done about those things.
Living in the Shire.
ZaccyM

Post by ZaccyM »

Just noticed this evening that the trip planner now allows users to see the stop sequence of train, bus, and ferry journeys, the trip planner now also shows stop numbers for bus stops and ferry wharfs
boxythingy
Favourite Vehicle: Anything not 'B-set' w/problms

Post by boxythingy »

That is very useful. Not sure if anyone has raised this, but the drop down box showing a list of suggestion makes that feature even more end user friendly!
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

It appears to be down at the moment All I am getting is Http/1.1 Service Unavailable
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Rather strange - it does not work with Firefox but it is OK with IE and also on my Android tablet.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

It has now also come good again under Firefox.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

If you put in the trip planner a train that goes via Broadmeadow, it doesn't show a wheelchair picture for wheelchair accessibility, even though it is.

Also, I note that some bus stops on the trip planner may have different names than shown in the PDF/paper timetables.

Of note is that is that the tram timetable is now every 15 minutes, instead of around every 10 mins at times.

One thing they should think of doing is getting rid of that horizontal line when you click for the full stop details.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:If you put in the trip planner a train that goes via Broadmeadow, it doesn't show a wheelchair picture for wheelchair accessibility, even though it is.

Also, I note that some bus stops on the trip planner may have different names than shown in the PDF/paper timetables.

Of note is that is that the tram timetable is now every 15 minutes, instead of around every 10 mins at times.

One thing they should think of doing is getting rid of that horizontal line when you click for the full stop details.
Point 1rather vague so cant answer that.
Point 2 they are working on that issue.
Point 3 I have noticed that too but a new one is coming out shortly for the Dulwich Hill extension.
Point 4 I dont know what horizontal line you are referring to.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

The same thing happened on the old site, that happens on the new site. Have they restricted how long you can search for trips, as the trip planner after a time said your trip planner time has expired?
White lives matter too.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I have been on there for quite some time and have never encountered that.
Living in the Shire.
Tallewang

Post by Tallewang »

If you put in the trip planner a train that goes via Broadmeadow, it doesn't show a wheelchair picture for wheelchair accessibility, even though it is.
The issue there may be, that even though there is a ramp, it is a little bit too steep.
Newcastle Flyer

Fleet Lists wrote:I have been on there for quite some time and have never encountered that.
Your trip planning session has expired. Start a new trip plan.

If this site is not working as you would expect, you can tell us about this error.

Error 404: Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error
White lives matter too.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Yesterday for a couple of hours about 3pm when I tried to look up bus timetables, in the majority of cases I got a timetable with a T (train) symbol instead of a B Bus symbol with nothing in the timetables concerned.

And this afternoon for most bus routes I am getting a message that there is no upcoming timetable for the routes concerned. I rang them about it and they advised that they are doing some upgrades during which some information is not available and that it should be resolved in a couple of hours.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”