CBD & South East Light Rail

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
moa999

Re: Light rail gets the green light: stage 1 UNSW to CBD

Post by moa999 »

Michael Bamborough wrote: Hey wait a minute! They told us there would be no extra fee when changing between the buses and the south east light rail. That better be a typo or a miscommunication going on here or there's gonna be trouble!
That was years ago (and the person who said it is no longer Transport Minister). In any event, having it as separate modes will often save people money versus a direct bus
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: New bus network arising from CSELR (L2/L3) opening

Post by Fleet Lists »

Michael Bamborough wrote:
tonyp wrote:TfNSW is saying on Facebook (SLR) today that the bus changes will not take place until 4-6 weeks after opening of L3 branch in March, after monitoring the impact of the tram on travel patterns followed by community update on a new bus plan. There will be a $2 discount on adult Opal and contactless fares for interchanging between bus and tram.
Hey wait a minute! They told us there would be no extra fee when changing between the buses and the south east light rail. That better be a typo or a miscommunication going on here or there's gonna be trouble!
I suspect that has overridden that statement made some years before the $2 discount was introduced.

Unfortunately I have not seen where TfNSW has made that statement - a reference would be appreciated.
Living in the Shire.
moa999

Post by moa999 »

Fleet Lists wrote: Unfortunately I have not seen where TfNSW has made that statement - a reference would be appreciated.
As above - on the SLR Facebook page. These are probably the two most relevant responses.

ImageImage
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

A very nice, upbeat piece with a great sense of historical continuity right back to 1861.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiOPb2av4w0

And another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxt5ZGr_z5w
Perpetually on a T3 to "I. P. Pavlova, přestup na Metro. Příští zastávka, Náměsti Míru"
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

See in the Telegraph TNSW is lowering the speed further to ACCOMMODATE the idiots on their mobile telephones.
This is what should be done to their offices.
https://youtu.be/ii5jR9uC1s0?t=00m48s
Global w̶a̶r̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ hoax.
With the left in charge the future is doomed.
So sick of transit hobbyist's superior attitudes.
Many transit hobbyists are hateful @###holes.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Swift wrote:See in the Telegraph TNSW is lowering the speed further to ACCOMMODATE the idiots on their mobile telephones.
Is this a new announcement, or the one from a few days ago that said that the trams would run at a low speed for the first couple of months for people to become accustomed to it and after that the speed would be increased?
Perpetually on a T3 to "I. P. Pavlova, přestup na Metro. Příští zastávka, Náměsti Míru"
moa999

Post by moa999 »

I thought 20kph was the permanent speed through the pedestrian zone.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

moa999 wrote:I thought 20kph was the permanent speed through the pedestrian zone.
If they're talking about a 50 minute journey in the trial stage, the trams certainly won't be running up to their speed limits anywhere.
moa999

Post by moa999 »

Yellow cross-hatching being added at city intersections
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 9841638929
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

tonyp wrote:
Swift wrote:See in the Telegraph TNSW is lowering the speed further to ACCOMMODATE the idiots on their mobile telephones.
Is this a new announcement, or the one from a few days ago that said that the trams would run at a low speed for the first couple of months for people to become accustomed to it and after that the speed would be increased?
This is new in today's issue.
Living in the Shire.
jaseee

Post by jaseee »

Cars kept queing today to turn left onto Margaret St (the left turn lane that's too small). A tram was held up for almost 5 mins outside Wynyard and kept honking. I'm not sure how they'll fix up that intersection.
mubd

Post by mubd »

A cop stationed at the intersection to ticket drivers should have the issue sorted out in no time.
Eastgardens to Kingsford is a 1-2 section fare.
matthewg

Post by matthewg »

mubd wrote:A cop stationed at the intersection to ticket drivers should have the issue sorted out in no time.
Queuing across intersections is rampant in the CBD. It's not just the George street tram line they block. Changing lanes in front of a bus or truck and occupying their braking space is pretty popular too.

Then there are the cycle couriers and now food delivery riders who seem to believe road rules don't apply to them. (And some times I think they don't think the laws of physics apply either!)
Scott4570

Post by Scott4570 »

At the Light Rail Central stop today, Monday, December 9, 1800 hours, spoke to a Light Rail Driver who claimed that from today Management have reduced the Running times down to the following between:-
Circular Quay and Central: 19 minutes.
Circular Quay and Randwick: 45 minutes.
Last edited by Scott4570 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rogf24

Post by rogf24 »

That's some diabolical run times

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

rogf24 wrote:That's some diabolical run times
It was going to be 50 minutes. They must have trimmed a little off in response to feedback. Still, it should ultimately be in the 25-30 minute range to be considered an operational success.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

That's ludicrous beyond belief. The trip will feel as long as it took to be built!!
Global w̶a̶r̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ hoax.
With the left in charge the future is doomed.
So sick of transit hobbyist's superior attitudes.
Many transit hobbyists are hateful @###holes.
rogf24

Post by rogf24 »

tonyp wrote:
rogf24 wrote:That's some diabolical run times
It was going to be 50 minutes. They must have trimmed a little off in response to feedback. Still, it should ultimately be in the 25-30 minute range to be considered an operational success.
Well they said that it'll take 6 months to bed down. What are the changes that it'll be trimmed down to 25-30 mins once everything is bedded down?

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

STMPainter2018 wrote:STOP THE PRESS! Confirmation from Sydney Light Rail's Facebook page today about the numbering for the new Citadis trams. The tram numbers will be between 2201-2260. You called it Matthew lol.
Some trams have had two digit numbers applied to the cab windows much like they are on the Urbos 3s, although at the top vs the bottom. Still carrying the smaller three digit numbers on the side rooflines.
matthewg

Post by matthewg »

Linto63 wrote:Some trams have had two digit numbers applied to the cab windows much like they are on the Urbos 3s, although at the top vs the bottom. Still carrying the smaller three digit numbers on the side rooflines.
Most of them now. Some on the top right corner, some on the bottom right. Some are quite crooked. Not a good look.

I wonder if they have realised they now have two different trams bearing the numbers 14 to 24 running through Haymarket?

Alstom's manufacture number is still up on the top above the cab.
STMPainter2018

Post by STMPainter2018 »

moa999 wrote:I thought 20kph was the permanent speed through the pedestrian zone.
They've added temporary speed restrictions in this zone, at least in the Town Hall and QVB sections. The speed limits have been cut down to 10kmh after Town Hall, and 20kmh after Park St intersection. I would reckon this will last until the "bed in period" is lifted. Which I hope it is because otherwise they're wasting their operating potential, and Tony will be complaining about it. And we cannot have that!
Last edited by STMPainter2018 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STMPainter2018

Post by STMPainter2018 »

matthewg wrote: Most of them now. Some on the top right corner, some on the bottom right. Some are quite crooked. Not a good look.

I wonder if they have realised they now have two different trams bearing the numbers 14 to 24 running through Haymarket?
Jesus everyone's a critic...
STMPainter2018

Post by STMPainter2018 »

tonyp wrote: It was going to be 50 minutes. They must have trimmed a little off in response to feedback. Still, it should ultimately be in the 25-30 minute range to be considered an operational success.
And I'm optimistic it will be by this time next year. Everything I seen so far in with testing has left me with high hopes it will be successful. Any delays have been due to outside factors but this is the same thing that went on back in 1899. I'm sure it'll be fine.
STMPainter2018

Post by STMPainter2018 »

Anyway, if y'all can get past the paywall, the Daily Telegraph has a competition for those who wish to be VIPs on the first tram trip from the Quay: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/enter ... e1f9f26ec8
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Fire engine; PD4107

Post by boronia »

In the hard copy at the weekend they were offering rides "on the first tram to Kingsford" next Saturday.
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again June 2021
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”