Ferry Observations for 2021

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
tonyp

Re: Ferry Observations for 2021

Post by tonyp »

boronia wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:14 pm Similarly, the "too wide" trains and "too tall" ferries can be easily explained, but no responses from Transport.The critics continue to exploit these apparent "admissions of guilt".
And then there's bus region operational privatisation and the lies about timetables, assets, fares, services etc trotted out by opponents that the government never properly responds to in order to better-sell the proposals to the public.
Perpetually on a T3 to "I. P. Pavlova, přestup na Metro. Příští zastávka, Náměsti Míru"
moa999

Post by moa999 »

boronia wrote:Similarly, the "too wide" trains and "too tall" ferries can be easily explained, but no responses from Transport.The critics continue to exploit these apparent "admissions of guilt".
Complainers will always complain, and the media will always give them more press.

A story about someone looking forward to a quicker trip, or greater frequency, won't sell, and probably won't get published.

And if you built a new ferry to the exact same specs as the old one, another group would complain it wasn't quick enough and was a waste of money.

If you change anything the negative views will always appear louder.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Fire engine; PD4107

Post by boronia »

Of course they will, but I wonder if any positive views have been put forward at all?

There could at least be something on TfNSW's website or other social media explaining things..

I follow a couple of Newcastle related sites and they like to go on about "Gladys said we can't make trains here". When I point out that it was Kristine who said it about 12 years ago and allowed the Waratahs to be built in China, they quickly disappear LOL. Same with the Newcastle line closure; they accuse the LNP of corruption, but ignore that it was Labor who pushed the idea for many years.
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again June 2021
@ The Museum of Fire.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

boronia wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:24 pm
I follow a couple of Newcastle related sites and they like to go on about "Gladys said we can't make trains here". When I point out that it was Kristine who said it about 12 years ago and allowed the Waratahs to be built in China, they quickly disappear LOL. S
Well, I'd have to mention that Gladys did actually say it too but your general drift about other misconceptions is right.

https://www.railexpress.com.au/berejikl ... -comments/
Perpetually on a T3 to "I. P. Pavlova, přestup na Metro. Příští zastávka, Náměsti Míru"
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

In wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Ferries
appears a photo with this description "New ferry Esme Timbery undergoing testing off Manns Point on Sydney Harbour February 2021". What us this new ferry for and what class is it?

The only reference I can find goes back to 2016 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46465&p=989718&hili ... ry#p989718
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

oops - Found some more https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/news-a ... ss-ferries

Did we miss this on the board here?
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”